CDZ The Psychology of... Insults

In real life there is a possible cost to an insult, and that is a retort with a fist.
No such thing on the net. So the insults go further in order to deliver some/any type of pain.

Facebook and social sites are in effect anti-social, as the usual social cues of facial and physical expression have disappeared.

I know of too many people who no longer speak due to the "social network".

In RL, if I don't like a person, I certainly would never go out of my way to insult that person. I would just avoid them and not have anything to do them. That is more difficult to do when posting online though, so once in a while I might say, "hey, fuck off douche." Being "civil" isn't always going to help you out, you know, and some people have to be dealt with more harshly than others. :D

In real life there is a possible cost to an insult, and that is a retort with a fist.
No such thing on the net. So the insults go further in order to deliver some/any type of pain.

Facebook and social sites are in effect anti-social, as the usual social cues of facial and physical expression have disappeared.

I know of too many people who no longer speak due to the "social network".

A punch in the face or being dealt with harshly otherwise is, unfortunately, the only type of "communication" that some people understand. :D

Yup. I don't know why, but I'm always fascinated by motivations. When I see Person A insult Person B, I don't think about the insult itself nearly as much as I wonder about motivations behind it.

Thier motivation to vent is why they're here in the first place Mac

All they need is a target

~S~

In RL, if I don't like a person, I certainly would never go out of my way to insult that person. I would just avoid them and not have anything to do them. That is more difficult to do when posting online though, so once in a while I might say, "hey, fuck off douche." Being "civil" isn't always going to help you out, you know, and some people have to be dealt with more harshly than others. :D

Because it's so much easier in the guise of anyonimity to do so.....

~S~

And if you really do THINK someone is a stupid asshole, but you are nice to them anyways, then that makes you a phony fake person.
Do you really think that people who disagree with you, do so because they're stupid?

Not all of them, but most of them. Yes, I think a person who wants the government to take away their rights is STUPID. Either stupid or evil. Which one?

Do you really think that people who disagree with you, do so because they're stupid?

But who's the 'stupid' Mac?

I read many well crafted and thought out posts ,only to be met with the howling rants of the ignorati , who haven't the HP to keep up

They out themselves on a daily basis here

~S~

My freedoms and my rights are not a fucking game to me. I don't care if someone thinks I'm a "meanie" or not.

Most on this soul sucking device don't either Chris

You see, there's a LOT of anger in America right now, it's a carefully cultivated phenomenon , it's not by accident or circumstance

and that is how we're controlled...

so many take the bait too, like my breast quip , hook,line, sinker.....

~S~

What do YOU call a person who would tell you that there is "institutionalized racism", Trump is a Nazi and a racist, the cops are ignorant racists who like to kill black people in the streets for sport, who then has the fucking GALL to turn around and tell you to give up your rights to this government and to give in to being "policed" by these cops with weapons while MY right to have one is quelled? I don't fucking think so. That is either ignorance and stupidity or evil.

My freedoms and my rights are not a fucking game to me. I don't care if someone thinks I'm a "meanie" or not.

Most on this soul sucking device don't either Chris

You see, there's a LOT of anger in America right now, it's a carefully cultivated phenomenon , it's not by accident or circumstance

and that is how we're controlled...

so many take the bait too, like my breast quip , hook,line, sinker.....

~S~

I think I laid out why I feel the way I do in post #33. THAT is why I call people stupid. Maybe I should start calling them evil instead?

I read many well crafted and thought out posts ,only to be met with the howling rants of the ignorati , who haven't the HP to keep up

~S~
So the question would be, why do they do that?

It may be they don't have the intellectual capacity to keep up, or it may be that they're back up against the wall and don't have an honest response.

I see a lot of intelligent people here and in politics who say the most ridiculous things because they're afraid to be honest, to give an inch.

I don't think it's about stupidity, I think it's about honesty. My guess is the reason for the insults is what the author of the piece in the OP says.

~S~

It may be they don't have the intellectual capacity to keep up, or it may be that they're back up against the wall and don't have an honest response.

I see a lot of intelligent people here and in politics who say the most ridiculous things because they're afraid to be honest, to give an inch.

I don't think it's about stupidity, I think it's about honesty. My guess is the reason for the insults is what the author of the piece in the OP says.

No. It is because there are a lot of stupid and ignorant people out there who try to argue from a position of COMPLETE ignorance (obviously).

~S~

Maybe it's the truth about ourselves is just that brutal Mac

~S~

~S~

No. It is because there are a lot of stupid and ignorant people out there who try to argue from a position of COMPLETE ignorance (obviously).

The ignorati will always be with us Chris
~S~

Forum List

Back