The protests in Egypt are very inspiring, Christians and Muslims side by side

:offtopic:

I still dont think it should be built... its just a poke in Americas eye. :doubt:

Exactly on topic, you said what i said was crap about christians wanting to ignore the Constitution in order to take rights away from muslims.

OK... one more post.

I am all for their right to build, but I think they (the mooslims) should try "for once" considering the feelings of Americans!

They (radical Islam) attacked us!

Constitutional law>your hurt feelings

Yeah the christian US gov't has handled middle eastern muslims perfectly, no muslim has ever been unjustly killed by our christian gov't.

Name 1 Christian government the US has propped up in the Middle East, last time I checked the King of Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Mubarak were all Muslims. The US is not a "Christian" government either, Christianity is not the official religion of the US.

Lol ok.

Because our government is just as likely to declare a federal holiday on Christmas day as it is the Day of Ashura.

Why do you think politicians spend so much time and money convincing everyone how christian they are during campaigns? For fun?

Your link essentially sates that SS is not a ponzi scheme because the government told the people the system and did not conceal it so it is not a ponzi scheme even though it does the exact same thing. Ya, that's real reassuring....

Christians in this country want the property rights of muslims suspended or flat done away with, to hell with the Constitution.

Maybe christians in Egypt would be different than those here, but I'm not sure why american christians would laugh at the idea of doing away with the rights of muslims over there when that's what they want done here.

You are so full of crap I can smell all the way here in Texas!

So all that huffing and puffing I heard about the mosque in New York City was just my imagination?

Actually, it was protesting. You know, that pesky first amendment. It was in bad taste and it is the right of people to try and change the outcome. I agree with the protesters. Land rights were not taken away and I believe the building was built. I also stand by that outcome. The owner had every right to ignore the protesters. Sure, there were some idiots on the right that called for a legal solution but that is not the general stance of conservatives and certainly not the beliefs of the country. I don't go blanketing Olberman's or GNorman Goldman's views on the entire left, stop using Beck and Rush as poster boys for the right. Neither constitutes a majority in the loosest of definitions.

You are so full of crap I can smell all the way here in Texas!

So all that huffing and puffing I heard about the mosque in New York City was just my imagination?

Actually, it was protesting. You know, that pesky first amendment. It was in bad taste and it is the right of people to try and change the outcome. I agree with the protesters. Land rights were not taken away and I believe the building was built. I also stand by that outcome. The owner had every right to ignore the protesters. Sure, there were some idiots on the right that called for a legal solution but that is not the general stance of conservatives and certainly not the beliefs of the country. I don't go blanketing Olberman's or GNorman Goldman's views on the entire left, stop using Beck and Rush as poster boys for the right. Neither constitutes a majority in the loosest of definitions.

Maybe we just heard different things, I heard big republican backlash against the democrat government for doing nothing. John McCain wanted government to get together and force them to choose a different location, I would think him being chosen to run on the republican ticket by the people should give a good indication of the mainstream opinion on this matter.

As with most political issues made into a big deal to distract us from the main and real disasters this was just wildly overblown and nobody really cares now.

Religious people are the main reason I'm atheist, I can't think of any religious group that isn't extremely invested in making everyone have the same religious view as them.

Christians try to convert people with words and preaching the scripture, Muslims in Iraq and Pakistan put a gun to your head and give you the choice.

There's some truth to that, which is why it's odd that the more christian someone tends to be the more war they typically call for. Sure a muslim suicide bomb kills dozens of people, not near as effective as a christian in a bomber.

How many current wars are caused by Christians?

List of ongoing military conflicts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christians try to convert people with words and preaching the scripture, Muslims in Iraq and Pakistan put a gun to your head and give you the choice.

There's some truth to that, which is why it's odd that the more christian someone tends to be the more war they typically call for. Sure a muslim suicide bomb kills dozens of people, not near as effective as a christian in a bomber.

Zero, and that's the rub for the people that want to paint a tolerant Islam and an intolerant Christianity. The so called Christian wars are wars of secular nations. It is hilarious how the left is constantly proving how secularist we are, how we are not a Christian nation and the like but as soon as it comes to war we are suddenly a theocracy. Pick one. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were not perpetuated because of our religious zealotry.

Zero, and that's the rub for the people that want to paint a tolerant Islam and an intolerant Christianity. The so called Christian wars are wars of secular nations. It is hilarious how the left is constantly proving how secularist we are, how we are not a Christian nation and the like but as soon as it comes to war we are suddenly a theocracy. Pick one. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were not perpetuated because of our religious zealotry.

Both books say to kill non-believers, when the people who base their lives on these books do what they say people shouldn't be surprised. I'm certainly not. Neither religion is tolerant.

Maybe we just heard different things, I heard big republican backlash against the democrat government for doing nothing. John McCain wanted government to get together and force them to choose a different location, I would think him being chosen to run on the republican ticket by the people should give a good indication of the mainstream opinion on this matter.

As with most political issues made into a big deal to distract us from the main and real disasters this was just wildly overblown and nobody really cares now.

True, true. I heard much of the same things you did but I wrote most of it off as they were reactionaries and fringe elements that were calling for such things. McCain is somewhat of a surprise though I would think it was a campaign type of thing where he was trying to incite the base to him. He did have to pander a bit as the far right hates McCain. Hell, I'm not sure anyone actually likes McCain. The only thing I liked about him at all was that he pissed off the republicans as much as the democrats.

Both books say to kill non-believers, when the people who base their lives on these books do what they say people shouldn't be surprised. I'm certainly not. Neither religion is tolerant.

Whens the last time a group of Christians sliced off a Muslim or Jews head for being a non believer though? sure the Bible says not to drink or lust but obviously not all these things are followed verbatim.

The New Testament came after the Old Testament. There is no call for violence in the New Testament.

Do you realize that Christ wasn't found in the Old Testament? Perhaps you don't know the Bible.

Whens the last time a group of Christians sliced off a Muslim or Jews head for being a non believer though? sure the Bible says not to drink or lust but obviously not all these things are followed verbatim.

I think it's a little more indirect, how many christians would've been so giddy about going to war with Iraq if they were a bunch of Bible-toting blondes? Choosing whether or not to go to war with someone is a lot easier when they don't share your god, since they'll all end up in hell anyway right?

I think it's a little more indirect, how many christians would've been so giddy about going to war with Iraq if they were a bunch of Bible-toting blondes? Choosing whether or not to go to war with someone is a lot easier when they don't share your god, since they'll all end up in hell anyway right?

So you don't know the Bible at all. No shame in that. It's a capital C, for starters.

Christian followers come in every race, with a variety of hair colors.

So in summary, nowhere in the New Testament does it talk about violence against fellow man.

I am glad we could share this time together.

The New Testament came after the Old Testament. There is no call for violence in the New Testament.

Do you realize that Christ wasn't found in the Old Testament? Perhaps you don't know the Bible.

Then why am I always hearing christians demand a concept from the old testament be taught in schools?

Why do christians still talk to me about a great flood and try to spin scientific evidence into supporting it?

If the old testament doesn't matter those things should be thrown out just as quickly as the concept of killing non-believers. Besides isn't the Bible the word of God?

So you don't know the Bible at all. No shame in that. It's a capital C, for starters.

So in summary, nowhere in the New Testament does it talk about violence against fellow man.

Me too, and I'm sure any christian church I walked into would have all bibles totally old testament free. I'm glad to have learned that christians don't believe in creationism, don't question basic science like evolution, and don't try to convince me that a super magic flood happened. I'm glad to learn all the times I've heard them spouting about those topics it's just been my imagination and in the real world the old testament is meaningless.

I'll take my religious education at my catholic school, catholic church and sunday school over 90% of the average christian's.

Then why am I always hearing christians demand a concept from the old testament be taught in schools?

Why do christians still talk to me about a great flood and try to spin scientific evidence into supporting it?

If the old testament doesn't matter those things should be thrown out just as quickly as the concept of killing non-believers. Besides isn't the Bible the word of God?

I didn't suggest to ignore the Old Testament. The life that Christians are to live is found in the New Testament. Christ, and thus, Christians are represented in the New Testament.

Don't fall into the traps. I've seen many an argument where people try to use the Old Testament, and quotes contained therein, as some sort of justification of violent Christians. It's just incorrect. But somehow, I think you will not concede this point and will keep deflecting, which will get old quickly for me.

Me too, and I'm sure any christian church I walked into would have all bibles totally old testament free. I'm glad to have learned that christians don't believe in creationism, don't question basic science like evolution, and don't try to convince me that a super magic flood happened. I'm glad to learn all the times I've heard them spouting about those topics it's just been my imagination and in the real world the old testament is meaningless.

I'll take my religious education at my catholic school, catholic church and sunday school over 90% of the average christian's.

10 points - deflection style

Christians and Muslims standing side by side.

Christians and Muslims Protest Together Holding Crosses and Korans - BCNN1

Seems a lot of christians are trying to fearmonger here about the muslims protesting over there, yet the egyptian christians are with them shoulder to shoulder, battling the same true enemy, an oppressive government.

CAIRO -- A leading Egyptian businessman who calls his newspaper and TV station “the voice of the protesters” says he's concerned the Muslim Brotherhood could take over Egypt’s revolution.

“There is a real fear they will hijack (the movement) ... The problem with these people is they will say you want a democracy, fine, you get elected in a democracy. Then you get Iranian version of democracy where they shoot their own people,” said Naguib Sawiris, speaking to Fox News from his 26th-floor Cairo office at the Nile Towers complex.

Leading Egyptian Businessman Fears Muslim Brotherhood Takeover - FoxNews.com

They better "battle" the real bad guys, cause there comin' to take it all away.

I didn't suggest to ignore the Old Testament. The life that Christians are to live is found in the New Testament. Christ, and thus, Christians are represented in the New Testament.

Don't fall into the traps. I've seen many an argument where people try to use the Old Testament, and quotes contained therein, as some sort of justification of violent Christians. It's just incorrect. But somehow, I think you will not concede this point and will keep deflecting, which will get old quickly for me.

It's always confusing when people use the term deflecting when I literally address every word said to me. Must be a version of crowning yourself victor of the debate, which is fine.

Alright well what's your advice on how to handle the old testament? Typically I'm told to highlight the happy/nice parts and "interpret" the mean/horrible parts as something nice and happy. What say you?

Forum List

Back