The protests in Egypt are very inspiring, Christians and Muslims side by side

Weren't the Christians getting their asses handed to them before these protests started in Egypt? I wouldn't buy into this whole koombaya thing in Egypt, the Muslims will be chasing the Christians out of the country if an Islamic government is put in place.

Weren't the Christians getting their asses handed to them before these protests started in Egypt? I wouldn't buy into this whole koombaya thing in Egypt, the Muslims will be chasing the Christians out of the country if an Islamic government is put in place.

Yeah I'm not really talking about the future, but just this happening even for a short period of time is a great thing to see.

How many countries would you ever see this happen in?

Meaningless. The people there are taking out their dictator. That is all we need to know. It is nice to see this but the rights conundrum with supporting Mubarak is asinine. It is the RIGHT of the people to dispose of their government, a right the conservatives in this nation are quite fond of protecting. This kind of double standard is poison and absolute crap. I understand that we need to protect our interests but those interests are not protected when we ignore the rights of the nation in question. We should preparing to foster a new relationship with Egypt's new government and pressing the issue that we still need peace to exists between Egypt and Israel.

Sorry, this may be a bit tangential to the topic you were getting at but I am getting incensed at the constant focus we are hearing from the right on the Muslim brotherhoods involvement in the movement when the involvement is NOT the issue here but the rights of the people are.

Maybe Egypt is where the missing million from Iraq went.

Seems before we started bombing Iraq there were a million Christians more than there are now. No one seems to be sure where they went. Only we know they didn't come here. It's possible they weren't the right "kind" of Christians. Maybe too "brown"? Who knows why they weren't welcome in this country.

Now this is what's truly hilarious. Every time the US pushes for elections in the Middle East, radical Muslims are elected.

Haven't right wing Americans figured out by now that those in the Middle East aren't us and don't want to be like us? If they did, we would see "America Appreciation Day" in Iraq and with the Palestinians. Instead, we get "Death to America". Seems that would "clue them in". Guess not.

Maybe Egypt is where the missing million from Iraq went.

Seems before we started bombing Iraq there were a million Christians more than there are now. No one seems to be sure where they went. Only we know they didn't come here. It's possible they weren't the right "kind" of Christians. Maybe too "brown"? Who knows why they weren't welcome in this country.

Now this is what's truly hilarious. Every time the US pushes for elections in the Middle East, radical Muslims are elected.

Haven't right wing Americans figured out by now that those in the Middle East aren't us and don't want to be like us? If they did, we would see "America Appreciation Day" in Iraq and with the Palestinians. Instead, we get "Death to America". Seems that would "clue them in". Guess not.

I doubt they went there, Christians in Egypt were getting their asses handed to them before this whole thing happened, probably why their out on the street because they are glad the focus is off them for now.

The fate of Egypt will be decided by the people of Egypt.

We can only hope that the Jihadists don't gain control.

We sure don't need another Iran.

Don't think there is a whole lot anyone can do to control things in Egypt.

I think we need a ton more Irans. Independent countries that aren't receiving US taxpayer dollars.

I'm not glorifying the Iranian gov't, it's garbage, but money from my paycheck isn't used to buy off Iranians like it is the Israeli, Palestinian, Egyptian, Saudi Arabian governments etc etc etc.

and if a christian government gets put into place the muslims will suffer

I think we need a ton more Irans. Independent countries that aren't receiving US taxpayer dollars.

I'm not glorifying the Iranian gov't, it's garbage, but money from my paycheck isn't used to buy off Iranians like it is the Israeli, Palestinian, Egyptian, Saudi Arabian governments etc etc etc.

Defiantly a good point. I would not use Iran as the country to point to but there needs to be some serious drawback on foreign aid. We do not need a zero aid policy but all aid should be heavily weighted and short term. The way we do things today is more like an infinite spout of money for other countries to pull from.

yeah right....

yeah right....

Yeah the christian US gov't has handled middle eastern muslims perfectly, no muslim has ever been unjustly killed by our christian gov't.

That makes no fucking sense, first of all Islam is the official state religion in Egypt and that won't change even after Mubarak leaves office. Christians are a very small minority in Egypt and they are at the mercy of the Muslims basically, nothing you said made any sense.

yeah right....

Yeah the christian US gov't has handled middle eastern muslims perfectly, no muslim has ever been unjustly killed by our christian gov't.

Name 1 Christian government the US has propped up in the Middle East, last time I checked the King of Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Mubarak were all Muslims. The US is not a "Christian" government either, Christianity is not the official religion of the US.

That makes no fucking sense, first of all Islam is the official state religion in Egypt and that won't change even after Mubarak leaves office. Christians are a very small minority in Egypt and they are at the mercy of the Muslims basically, nothing you said made any sense.

Christians in this country want the property rights of muslims suspended or flat done away with, to hell with the Constitution.

Maybe christians in Egypt would be different than those here, but I'm not sure why american christians would laugh at the idea of doing away with the rights of muslims over there when that's what they want done here.

yeah right....

Name 1 Christian government the US has propped up in the Middle East, last time I checked the King of Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Mubarak were all Muslims. The US is not a "Christian" government either, Christianity is not the official religion of the US.

Lol ok.

Because our government is just as likely to declare a federal holiday on Christmas day as it is the Day of Ashura.

Why do you think politicians spend so much time and money convincing everyone how christian they are during campaigns? For fun?

Christians in this country want the property rights of muslims suspended or flat done away with, to hell with the Constitution.

Maybe christians in Egypt would be different than those here, but I'm not sure why american christians would laugh at the idea of doing away with the rights of muslims over there when that's what they want done here.

And there are people in this country who want Blacks and Whites separated and all the Hispanics sent away, go look at the racism/race relations board. It doesn't mean they will get what they want. I really don't understand where your getting the idea of how American Christians want the rights of Muslims taken away in Egypt?

Forum List

Back