The Pope says gay and transgender people should be respected. Also questions gender theory

nicoleivy5

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2016
The Pope says gay and transgender people should be respected. Also questions gender theory - source
"ABOARD THE PAPAL PLANE (Reuters) Pope Francis said on Sunday (Oct. 2) that homosexuals and transsexuals should be treated with respect but that teaching gender theory is unacceptable “indoctrination” of young people.

“When a person (who is gay) arrives before Jesus, Jesus certainly will not say, ‘Go away because you are homosexual,'” Francis said."

Thoughts?

Respect is earned...that goes for homos and trannies also. Tolerance goes both ways also and they are some of the most intolerant people on the planet

The Pope says gay and transgender people should be respected. Also questions gender theory - source
"ABOARD THE PAPAL PLANE (Reuters) Pope Francis said on Sunday (Oct. 2) that homosexuals and transsexuals should be treated with respect but that teaching gender theory is unacceptable “indoctrination” of young people.

“When a person (who is gay) arrives before Jesus, Jesus certainly will not say, ‘Go away because you are homosexual,'” Francis said."

Thoughts?
I'm not Catholic, but is it okay to say I love the Pope?

Thoughts?
I'm not Catholic, but is it okay to say I love the Pope?

I am Catholic and like many Catholics this Pope gives me pause.

Thoughts?

very interesting------so he is prepared to announce that the
teachings of the Catholic church have been garbage for the past 1700 years? -----excuse me----My undergraduate degree was in BIOLOGY-----cum laude and phi beta kappa----
WHAT DA HELL IS GENDER "THEORY"

Thoughts?

teachings of the Catholic church have been garbage for the past 1700 years? -----excuse me----My undergraduate degree was in BIOLOGY-----cum laude and phi beta kappa----

Mental illness on steroids

Thoughts?

excuse me, bonnie lass, just who is the object of your astute diagnosis?

Thoughts?

Common sense.

Thoughts?

Common sense.

you diagnosed 'common sense' is 'mental illness on steroids'? It might interest you to know that steroids
can be the cause on disordered thinking

Last edited:

Thoughts?

An impossible subject to find a lot of agreement amongst Christians or Christian teachings.

The pope’s famous “who am I to judge?” comment still holds a lot of truth and meaning. (imo)

Don’t expect the Catholic Church to be any more dogmatic than it’s councils or catechism has already said about this. Instead of talking homosexual activities do note that the Church teaches that any sexual act outside of marriage is sinful to some degree. So how can they excuse gay sex?

Now it very well may be that some of these folks were “destined” (more or less) to enter into gay lifestyle but many more not so. That is my opinion. I also strongly believe if these folks were born in a different period of time in history, or in a totally different environment, like the bush country in Africa, their sexual attitudes, cravings, desires would not be the same as they are in sex saturated modern day America.

So God judges souls based on many, many factors. None of us can know the degree of culpability of any kind of sin. I do know this, however. Charity is of greater value to God than faith alone. Both of great importance, but charity the greater. I also am certain purgatory exists and that is where God’s justice and mercy meet and are made perfect.

Last edited:

First, the Pope is not announcing--nor will he--that Catholic teachings on homosexual acts, is garbage. What he is saying is that we reach out to people and treat them with respect no matter what their choices, no matter what their sin. We draw them in to the Kingdom of God--we do not push them away. We are not their judge; God is.

I find it better to go to a Catholic news service in matters dealing with the Pope/Vatican. Secular media often misunderstands. Here is a link to the same story:

Gay, transgender people deserve pastoral care, pope says

In it, the Pope tells the story of some schools teaching children that their biological gender does not matter--that they can choose their gender. That in a nutshell is "Gender Theory."

First, the Pope is not announcing--nor will he--that Catholic teachings on homosexual acts, is garbage. What he is saying is that we reach out to people and treat them with respect no matter what their choices, no matter what their sin. We draw them in to the Kingdom of God--we do not push them away. We are not their judge; God is.

I find it better to go to a Catholic news service in matters dealing with the Pope/Vatican. Secular media often misunderstands. Here is a link to the same story:

In it, the Pope tells the story of some schools teaching children that their biological gender does not matter--that they can choose their gender. That in a nutshell is "Gender Theory."

I am from the age of the inception of the theory that GENDER identity is based on the color of your little PJ's in infancy-----you might be pleased to know that I was INVITED to take part in a
college time discussion-----and was the ONE dissenting participant. ---In fact, gender IS determined in Utero along with gender behaviors-----hardwired into the brain by virtue of
circulating hormones. Homosexuality is an aberration----NOT LEARNED by being dressed in pink nylon. My input did not render me "popular". It has NOT been church teaching that homosexuals must be received with love----it is a new idea. It has been gross sin in the church for a very long time

I am from the age of the inception of the theory that GENDER identity is based on the color of your little PJ's in infancy-----you might be pleased to know that I was INVITED to take part in a college time discussion-----and was the ONE dissenting participant. ---In fact, gender IS determined in Utero along with gender behaviors-----hardwired into the brain by virtue of
circulating hormones. Homosexuality is an aberration----NOT LEARNED by being dressed in pink nylon. My input did not render me "popular". It has NOT been church teaching that homosexuals must be received with love----it is a new idea. It has been gross sin in the church for a very long time

Actually, in my lifetime and my experience, that is exactly how the Church has treated homosexuals. That is a limited range, I know. I am sure that others can report different experiences. However, my grandmother (two generations ahead of me) told and was taught the same thing.

But here's the deal. The Church still considers homosexuality a gross sin, as does it consider sex outside of marriage a gross sin, as it considers abortion a gross sin, and on and on. However, the parishes in which I have resided have all had outreach to those who have had abortions, and are kind to those who engage in per-marital sex.

The great thing about Pope Francis is that he talks to the media and the media at least listens. What most practicing Catholics get a big laugh over is that the news media is so clueless that most of the media thinks the Pope is saying/teaching something new when in fact it has been common practice for decades, for all our lifetime. Talk about late breaking news! ;)

I am from the age of the inception of the theory that GENDER identity is based on the color of your little PJ's in infancy-----you might be pleased to know that I was INVITED to take part in a college time discussion-----and was the ONE dissenting participant. ---In fact, gender IS determined in Utero along with gender behaviors-----hardwired into the brain by virtue of

Actually, in my lifetime and my experience, that is exactly how the Church has treated homosexuals. That is a limited range, I know. I am sure that others can report different experiences. However, my grandmother (two generations ahead of me) told and was taught the same thing.

But here's the deal. The Church still considers homosexuality a gross sin, as does it consider sex outside of marriage a gross sin, as it considers abortion a gross sin, and on and on. However, the parishes in which I have resided have all had outreach to those who have had abortions, and are kind to those who engage in per-marital sex.

The great thing about Pope Francis is that he talks to the media and the media at least listens. What most practicing Catholics get a big laugh over is that the news media is so clueless that most of the media thinks the Pope is saying/teaching something new when in fact it has been common practice for decades, for all our lifetime. Talk about late breaking news! ;)

not all my lifetime-----in my life time catholic women who swallowed the PILL were barred from swallowing
"the eucharist" -----decades? like maybe two in some
rare places. Long ago-----faggots were used as kindling
for the AUTO DE FE

I would think that acting on homosexual urges would get you a couple of Eons in Purgatory, much like missing church, and eating meat on a few Lent Fridays.

I would think that acting on homosexual urges would get you a couple of Eons in Purgatory, much like missing church, and eating meat on a few Lent Fridays.

oh----only lent Fridays now? who was it that changed
that? Was it John XXIII?

Forum List

Back