Washington may be about to recognise a third gender for the first time

I just want to say: GO AUSTRALIA! Down-under folks doing the right thing, just today:
Video experience headlines - BBC News
It's good to see love winning in the end.
Go to the BBC homepage. Lots more, including a couple who are approaching the age of 90. I'm not LGBT, but I love it when good things happen and good people win.

And we know your not gay? How? Is there a forensic test that doesn't soley rely on your testimony?
Funny. The only thing anyone has is their own testimony as to their orientation. I have never come across, either in person or from what I have seen in the media, any female person who has caused me any excitement whatsoever. In real life, though, and in pictures, there have been guys who, as the old saying goes, I definitely would not kick out of bed for eating crackers. You are what you are. Nobody understands how sexual orientation occurs. It's so useless to fight about it. Just wish people love and good luck.
Now there is a certain actor (male), whom I don't know personally, whom I would like to steam up the windows with. Just dreamin'

I just want to say: GO AUSTRALIA! Down-under folks doing the right thing, just today:
Video experience headlines - BBC News
It's good to see love winning in the end.
Go to the BBC homepage. Lots more, including a couple who are approaching the age of 90. I'm not LGBT, but I love it when good things happen and good people win.

And we know your not gay? How? Is there a forensic test that doesn't soley rely on your testimony?
Funny. The only thing anyone has is their own testimony as to their orientation. I have never come across, either in person or from what I have seen in the media, any female person who has caused me any excitement whatsoever. In real life, though, and in pictures, there have been guys who, as the old saying goes, I definitely would not kick out of bed for eating crackers. You are what you are. Nobody understands how sexual orientation occurs. It's so useless to fight about it. Just wish people love and good luck.
Now there is a certain actor (male), whom I don't know personally, whom I would like to steam up the windows with. Just dreamin'

Yet we can only rely on your testimony?

lol

I stated my opinion, An opinion that is backed by science.
Where exactly is the science? There is in fact science that shows that not every one is clearly male or female. Where is your science?

I didn't say it was "Clearly" male or female.

Here is the science.

There are only two sexes - Male (XY) or female (XX). A very small percentage of people are born with variants of this. There are only 4 possibilities that do not result on death of the fetus -
  • X – Roughly 1 in 5,000 people (Turner’s )
  • XXY – Roughly 1 in 1,000 people (Klinefelter)
  • XYY – Roughly 1 out of 1,000 people
  • XXXY – Roughly 1 in 50,000 births
  • SOURCE
But there are still only 2 sexes. You are either male or a female.

Gender is a social construct - not scientific.
Wrong sparky....that is only part of the story and a gross oversimplification.

What is intersex? | Intersex Society of North America

“Intersex” is a general term used for a variety of conditions in which a person is born with a reproductive or sexual anatomy that doesn’t seem to fit the typical definitions of female or male. For example, a person might be born appearing to be female on the outside, but having mostly male-typical anatomy on the inside. Or a person may be born with genitals that seem to be in-between the usual male and female types—for example, a girl may be born with a noticeably large clitoris, or lacking a vaginal opening, or a boy may be born with a notably small penis, or with a scrotum that is divided so that it has formed more like labia. Or a person may be born with mosaic genetics, so that some of her cells have XX chromosomes and some of them have XY.

Though we speak of intersex as an inborn condition, intersex anatomy doesn’t always show up at birth. Sometimes a person isn’t found to have intersex anatomy until she or he reaches the age of puberty, or finds himself an infertile adult, or dies of old age and is autopsied. Some people live and die with intersex anatomy without anyone (including themselves) ever knowing.

And it's not just about genetics

In our work, we find that doctors’ opinions about what should count as “intersex” vary substantially. Some think you have to have “ambiguous genitalia” to count as intersex, even if your inside is mostly of one sex and your outside is mostly of another. Some think your brain has to be exposed to an unusual mix of hormones prenatally to count as intersex—so that even if you’re born with atypical genitalia, you’re not intersex unless your brain experienced atypical development. And some think you have to have both ovarian and testicular tissue to count as intersex.

We know that this is closely related to the transsexual issue and perhaps the non binary phenomena as well. But, fell free to wallow in you ignorance a ridged constructs.

You understand that what you just posted is not rebuttle, it's deflection and distraction.

Not many gays claim to have abnormal chromosomes, so theirs that. And we do make exceptions for birth defects under existing law. And including the words "Some think" does not bolster your case.

If we find a body in a field, we can determine all kinds of things. We can determine it's sex, it's race, it's age, it's national origin and it's physical disabilities AND BIRTH DEFECTS, we can't determine it's sexuality.

We protect what we can know, to protect what we cannot would afford protections to some very undesirable traits.
I didn't present it as a rebuttal. I provided additional FACTS that were omitted due to ignorance or the need to be deceptive.

Where exactly is the science? There is in fact science that shows that not every one is clearly male or female. Where is your science?

Here is the science.

There are only two sexes - Male (XY) or female (XX). A very small percentage of people are born with variants of this. There are only 4 possibilities that do not result on death of the fetus -
  • SOURCE

“Intersex” is a general term used for a variety of conditions in which a person is born with a reproductive or sexual anatomy that doesn’t seem to fit the typical definitions of female or male. For example, a person might be born appearing to be female on the outside, but having mostly male-typical anatomy on the inside. Or a person may be born with genitals that seem to be in-between the usual male and female types—for example, a girl may be born with a noticeably large clitoris, or lacking a vaginal opening, or a boy may be born with a notably small penis, or with a scrotum that is divided so that it has formed more like labia. Or a person may be born with mosaic genetics, so that some of her cells have XX chromosomes and some of them have XY.

Though we speak of intersex as an inborn condition, intersex anatomy doesn’t always show up at birth. Sometimes a person isn’t found to have intersex anatomy until she or he reaches the age of puberty, or finds himself an infertile adult, or dies of old age and is autopsied. Some people live and die with intersex anatomy without anyone (including themselves) ever knowing.

In our work, we find that doctors’ opinions about what should count as “intersex” vary substantially. Some think you have to have “ambiguous genitalia” to count as intersex, even if your inside is mostly of one sex and your outside is mostly of another. Some think your brain has to be exposed to an unusual mix of hormones prenatally to count as intersex—so that even if you’re born with atypical genitalia, you’re not intersex unless your brain experienced atypical development. And some think you have to have both ovarian and testicular tissue to count as intersex.

We know that this is closely related to the transsexual issue and perhaps the non binary phenomena as well. But, fell free to wallow in you ignorance a ridged constructs.

You understand that what you just posted is not rebuttle, it's deflection and distraction.

Not many gays claim to have abnormal chromosomes, so theirs that. And we do make exceptions for birth defects under existing law. And including the words "Some think" does not bolster your case.

If we find a body in a field, we can determine all kinds of things. We can determine it's sex, it's race, it's age, it's national origin and it's physical disabilities AND BIRTH DEFECTS, we can't determine it's sexuality.

We protect what we can know, to protect what we cannot would afford protections to some very undesirable traits.
I didn't present it as a rebuttal. I provided additional FACTS that were omitted due to ignorance or the need to be deceptive.

Facts don't include the wording............

"Some think"

Here is the science.

• SOURCE

Anomalies.

Forum List

Back