Pope Says Gays Deserve Apology From Church

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

Source: Slate By Daniel Politi
Pope Francis told a group of journalists that the Catholic Church and Christians owe gays an apology for the way the church has treated them in the past. Yet Francis also made clear that gays aren’t particularly special, saying that they are just one of several groups of people who deserve an apology. He uttered his words aboard the papal plane, where he was asked if he agreed with recent comments by a top adviser that the Church should apologize to gays.

He first said that homosexuals “should not be discriminated against” and then added: "I think the church must not only apologize ... to a gay person it offended, but we must apologize to the poor, to women who have been exploited, to children forced into labor, apologize for having blessed so many weapons.”

This apology shouldn’t just be institutional, but rather Christians themselves are the ones who must apologize, Francis said. "The church must say it is sorry for not having behaved as it should many times, many times—when I say the 'Church,' I mean we Christians because the Church is holy; we are the sinners," the pope said. "We Christians must say we are sorry."

Read more: Pope Says Gays Deserve Apology From Church

great,,,nice to see the pope giving a apology to people the church treated poorly.

Church organizations are nasty. The Church is nasty. This apology won't change those fucken bastards.

Not Granny's church...

... Granny's reverend says dey can kiss his patootie...

... `cause dey gonna burn inna lake o' fire an' brimstone...

... forever an' ever an' ever...

... unless dey change dey's way an' repent an' get onna right side o' the Lord...

... an' `sides dat - the Pope may be gay.

I think it's the little boys who deserve an apology from the Vatican.

Talk about an open mouth, insert foot moment... lol

I'm not sure if he used those exact words, but either this pope or one of the ones before already said those little boys deserve an apology, and a lot more. The Catholic church has done a lot of bad things, and they are finally acknowledging some of them. That's a step in the right direction at least.

Forum List

Back