The Politics Forum is Becoming a Farce

icegif-1089.gif
Augie can’t deny. So he basically admits it.

there should be a separate forum, called TRUMP

that would clean up the politics forum.

Of course there is congress and elections as topics, which to me is no different than politics

but, when an individual such as Trump becomes so popular that 90% of all new OP's are about Trump, that should be a new forum.
An excellent idea! It would be so much easier to ignore him that way.

Nope. It is an election year, and at the moment he is definitely running, though opinions on him and his candidacy vary greatly depending on evaluation and partisanship.
Deal with it.
That has nothing to do with what I stated. You have endless OP's, many the same as the next. You could have an entire forum on Trump alone. We would see 50-100 threads opened daily.

Instead, they clutter up the politics forum making this forum, a joke.

Deal with it.

Nope. It is an election year, and at the moment he is definitely running, though opinions on him and his candidacy vary greatly depending on evaluation and partisanship.
Deal with it.
I disagree. While opinions on Trump's POLICIES may be posted in POLITICS, opinions on his CANDIDACY should be posted in the 2024 ELECTION Forum. But opinions about his SUPPORTERS do not belong in either forum.

Because Trump is relevant and as long as he is, I'll feel free to comment on threads about him or bring him up when he's relevant to the discussion, even if the thread doesn't have his name in it.

Conversations about Trump don't trigger me. They trigger you. :)
OK, one last attempt to have a rational conversation with you:
1. I was talking about OPs with ambiguous TITLES and SOURCES which are irrelevant to the CONTENT of the OP.
2. OPs that merely attack a candidate's SUPPORTERS do not belong in the POLITICS forum.
3. You are free to comment on threads, but why bring Trump up when he is NOT relevant to the discussion?
4. What is with your "trigger" idiom? Are you a fan of Roy Rogers?

That has nothing to do with what I stated. You have endless OP's, many the same as the next. You could have an entire forum on Trump alone. We would see 50-100 threads opened daily.

Instead, they clutter up the politics forum making this forum, a joke.

Deal with it.
If you don't like the forum, ignore it.

Freedom of speech can be a bitch, but it's the price we pay. Put posters on Ignore if they are too vitriolic or otherwise push your buttons. They can post whatever they want to if it's within the rules, but we are not obliged to read it or respond.

If you don't like the forum, ignore it.
No shit, did you think that up or did you have to have a meeting with all your counterparts.

How about I do what every intelligent American since our founding has done, express my opinion in hopes that someone in position to change things has the intelligence to change it instead of getting offended and telling people to go somewhere else.

Yes, if you do not like something that can always be changed, to get better, just dont come around.

How great it would be, with just your brilliant intelligence enlightening strictly like minded people.
Thank you for engaging with your incredible intellect. We need more of that on USMB

If you dont like it, just ignore USMB

Maybe you can take that idea to the owners, and you can come up with a way that only everyone except for you and couple other people are ignoring USMB

I have noticed that the latest tactic is to post an ambiguous title followed by a "source" that mentions the word "Trump." This is followed by an otherwise unrelated diatribe against his supporters. How does this fit the the Politics Forum description of a discussion of "government policies and candidates?" Why aren't these posts moved to the Badlands or Rubber Room?

Good question

I just scroll on by most of the time

Taz is obsessed with Trump.

I had a feeling that he was what this was about.

Deal with it.

So what if we started doing exactly the same thing with Biden then?

I think they need a Trump Forum. And move all Trump there.

More like the TDS forum.

No shit, did you think that up or did you have to have a meeting with all your counterparts.

How about I do what every intelligent American since our founding has done, express my opinion in hopes that someone in position to change things has the intelligence to change it instead of getting offended and telling people to go somewhere else.

Yes, if you do not like something that can always be changed, to get better, just dont come around.

How great it would be, with just your brilliant intelligence enlightening strictly like minded people.
Thank you for engaging with your incredible intellect. We need more of that on USMB

If you dont like it, just ignore USMB

Maybe you can take that idea to the owners, and you can come up with a way that only everyone except for you and couple other people are ignoring USMB
Never met them, and still haven't gotten any of the free beer in the mod lounge, either.

I had a feeling that he was what this was about.

So what if we started doing exactly the same thing with Biden then?

More like the TDS forum.
Right. I don't think there will be any getting Biden out of the Political Forum either.

Forum List

Back