The Pillow guy must pay $5,000,000 to man who debunked his voter fraud scheme

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

Poor Mike...he is just one of many who fell prey to the lie coming from trump. He claims to be broke and now it seems his is going to be even more broke. And if my memory serves me correctly, Smartmatic is also lined up to sue poor Mike. You tie yourself to trump and you end up paying big time. Ask Rudy!

Yeah, I was right...it seems the suit is still on.

Poor Mike...he is just one of many who fell prey to the lie coming from trump. He claims to be broke and now it seems his is going to be even more broke. And if my memory serves me correctly, Smartmatic is also lined up to sue poor Mike. You tie yourself to trump and you end up paying big time. Ask Rudy!

Did they enter into a contract?

All this fuss for something that they claim never happened? The persecution of these people screams guilt. The election was stolen and this on going intimidation by a government proves it. They cannot keep stealing if people speak up.

Did they enter into a contract?
Basically yes.

It wasn't just case of Lindell randomly bragging "I'll give $5 million to anyone who can disprove my election theory!". I don't think any court would have recognized that kind of thing as a contract.

Lindell specifically invited those people, handed them some specific files, publicly declared those files were proof of Chinese hacking, and publicly announced he'd award $5 million to any of those invitees if they could show those files weren't proof of Chinese hacking before the conference ended.

The guy did just that, showing the files had nothing to do with elections or China.

The court said that Lindell getting that specific made it a contract.

Poor guy. He is such a fine upstanding guy.

Basically yes.

It wasn't just case of Lindell randomly bragging "I'll give $5 million to anyone who can disprove my election theory!". I don't think any court would have recognized that kind of thing as a contract.

Lindell specifically invited those people, handed them some specific files, publicly declared those files were proof of Chinese hacking, and publicly announced he'd award $5 million to any of those invitees if they could show those files weren't proof of Chinese hacking.

The court said that getting that specific made it a contract.
What else would the court do? The fix is in. Anyone who claims there was fraud has a target on their back. People should not be targeted for opinions.

And still no one has explained the several anomalies of the stolen 2020 election.

This morning's reportage describes yesterday's ruling that confirmed Election Denier, Mike Lindell, does have to pay the $5,000,000 (plus interest) that he offered to anyone who could prove him wrong on his claim about election fraud. Someone did. A man who had voted for DonTrump twice.....but was still pretty darn good with numbers and data.

It appears that that whole sub-culture of conspiracy-wonkery about 'Stolen Election' is bearing a heavy burden of fines, penalties, court judgements against 'em. Look at Rudy, look at Krakenpot Powell, Jenna Ellis, a whole potful of now censored attorneys who represented Trump, et al. Look at all those fraudulent electors now being indicted. It goes to show that karma lurks, accountability is a thing.

We all 'get it' when uber-partisans push and push their polemics. All political persuasions see the fringie conspiracists get hysterical and histrionic with their claims. But.......if you cannot, will not, or in any case, do not.....prove your claims, well then, there is a piper to be paid.

'Election Denialism' is gonna become ----I am predicting ---one of those snickered at conspiracy silly-isms like Moon Landing denial, 9/11 denial, Sandy Hook denial, Cyber-Ninjas, JFK Jr. to be Trump's VP, Kieth Richards is JFK, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Anyway, here is one of the reportages today about PIllowBoy and his Election Denial nutjobbery:
--------------------------------------------------------

"Mike Lindell must pay man $5M in ‘Prove Mike Wrong’ challenge, judge says

In 2021, MyPillow founder Mike Lindell offered $5 million to anyone who could disprove his claim that he had data showing voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election.

Now, he must pay a 64-year-old from Nevada that award, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.

Lindell, a prominent election denier and staunch supporter of former president Donald Trump, claimed to have data showing Chinese interference in the 2020 race. If someone could “Prove Mike Wrong,” as the challenge was called, and show the data was unrelated to the election, they would get the payout, Lindell said ahead of an August 2021 “cyber symposium” held in South Dakota where contestants would review the files.

Robert Zeidman, a computer forensics expert who voted for Trump twice, did just that, a federal judge in Minnesota determined Wednesday, upholding a previous ruling from a private arbitration panel. Zeidman is owed the $5 million payout plus interest, Judge John Tunheim wrote in his Wednesday ruling

"Stalinists gonna Stalin."

I have no idea what that means.

Anyway, I just noticed that there is a similar thread on this announcement of Lindell now on the hook for the $5million+. JimH52 started it and it is in the Law & Justice forum.

If mods decide to kill this OP or move it over to 'Jims' thread....I'm cool with that.

Still, the message here and over there is the same: If you make claims that you cannot back up....eventually karma comes.. And we have seen that time and time again in this 'Election Denialism' conspiracy jackassery.

But fortunately, a pound of flesh is being extracted from the nutjobs. As it should be. Words have meaning, and they can harm many people, and many aspects of our society and culture. As Election Denialism most certainaly has. It has been corrosive for Am
erica.

IMHO

Forum List

Back