The photo that could doom the Democrats

OK, I'm not going to defend Charlie Rangel.

Like Senator Vitter or any of the participants in the Abramoff scandal, he's a dishonest bastard and needs to go.

I fail to see what the significance of this particular picture is though. Is it against the rules of Congress to take a vacation?

If you want to take a picture that incriminates Rangel, you should take some photos of his New York apartments that are supposed to be reserved for low-income renters.

I think it is more about him being on a tropical island yet forgetting thathe has real estate on a tropical island.

Drag in any names you want...R, D or I....you do something wrong there should be zero tolerance. You are in a position of trust...and you accept it with the understanding of zero tolerance for mistakes made.

You'll have to excuse him...

He's not the smartest Blood Elf Paladin in the kingdom...

dunno.. the title of the article from The Daily Beast is pretty misleading anyway.

and i've come to the conclusion that people have great tolerance for their own ... until someone bigger and stronger wants them not to...

a la what just happened to david paterson in ny.

once again, all politics is local... they love charlie rangel in the one place it matters. .. his DISTRICT.

The title didn't mention the person, but as soon as you click the link you KNOW it's about Rangle... The poster MajikMyst obviously didn't read the article which is why he's being laughed at...

i know that. but i was getting back to the subject of the thread. ;)

dunno.. the title of the article from The Daily Beast is pretty misleading anyway.

and i've come to the conclusion that people have great tolerance for their own ... until someone bigger and stronger wants them not to...

once again, all politics is local... they love charlie rangel in the one place it matters. .. his DISTRICT.

The title didn't mention the person, but as soon as you click the link you KNOW it's about Rangle... The poster MajikMyst obviously didn't read the article which is why he's being laughed at...

Well, the subject has evolved. The subject is now MajikMyst's epic fail. Quit trying to stay on topic! You'll ruin our fun!

Oh, well then if we must...;)

The left & right have their "favorite sons" who can do no wrong and will likely die in office... Although some of them are looking more vulnerable to defeat than one would have thought possible... That's a good thing as this country needs a good housecleaning....

Now see here is the problem with you morons!!!

Look at the pics above very carefully..

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5319/phony.jpg

That isn't Obama!! Since when does Obama have white hair and a mustache??

Talk about epic fail!! ROFL!!!

This will be the pic that dooms rebuttlicans!!

ROFL!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Helloooooooooooooooooo, it's Charlie Rangle,and that is who this thread is about, next time try reading it before you reply, you will save yourself the humiliation.:cuckoo:

Last edited:

Well, the subject has evolved. The subject is now MajikMyst's epic fail. Quit trying to stay on topic! You'll ruin our fun!

Yeah! What he said!

:razz:

The Photo That Could Doom the Democrats - Page 1 - The Daily Beast

To understand why the Rangel scandals are so dangerous for Democrats, you need to understand something about midterm landslides: They’re usually composed of three parts. First, the other party’s activists are highly motivated. Second, your own activists are highly unmotivated. Third, independents want to burn Washington to the ground.

There’s nothing Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi can do about the first problem. The stimulus, the bank bailouts, the auto-takeover and the health-care push have convinced large numbers of aging white people that Obama is Mao Zedong, and they’re not going to change their mind anytime soon. The best response to the second problem is to pass health-care reform and give Keith Olbermann something to get excited about. But perhaps most crucial of all is responding to problem No. 3.

Independents are the most fickle, the most cynical, and the least ideological people in the American electorate. When they’re unhappy with the state of the country, they tend to stampede the party in power—less because they disagree on the issues than because they decide that the folks running government must be malevolent and corrupt. In Washington, congressmen violate ethics rules all the time. But when independents get in one of their sour moods, these infractions become matches on dry tinder. In 1994, the scandals concerning Rostenkowski and the House bank helped sweep the Gingrichites into power. In 2006, according to exit polls, the scandals surrounding mega-lobbyist Jack Abramoff and Rep. Mark Foley did more to lose the GOP control of Congress than did the Iraq war. Pelosi became speaker, in fact, by running against the GOP’s “culture of corruption” and promising the “most ethical Congress in history.”

Now Republicans are hurling those phrases in her face. Democrats, who in April 2006 held a 17-point advantage as the party less “influenced by lobbyists and special interests,” have seen that margin dwindle to eight points, according to the Pew Research Center. The National Republican Congressional Campaign Committee has begun running ads against Democrats who accepted donations from Rangel, and two of the party’s most vulnerable congressmen, Alabama’s Bobby Bright and New Hampshire’s Paul Hodes, have called for Rangel to step down as chairman. Call them the canaries in the coal mine.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, the photo is not all that.

but Charlie should step down.

Now see here is the problem with you morons!!!

Look at the pics above very carefully..

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5319/phony.jpg

That isn't Obama!! Since when does Obama have white hair and a mustache??

Talk about epic fail!! ROFL!!!

This will be the pic that dooms rebuttlicans!!

ROFL!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
flashback.gif

Damn that acid!

The left & right have their "favorite sons" who can do no wrong and will likely die in office... Although some of them are looking more vulnerable to defeat than one would have thought possible... That's a good thing as this country needs a good housecleaning....

I'm afraid I don't think Rangel is vulnerable to defeat. Whether he should step down is an entirely different question.

I'm not so big on the 'housekeeping' thing. ;)

Rangel got a slap on the wrist. Now Pelosi is out spinning this disgrace. Could you imagine if this creep had an 'R' by his name? What the H*ll would Pelosi be saying then? Pelosi has to go and she can take Rangel with her. Make 2010 count people.

I would leave Charlie alone, too, if I were the dem speaker. Meet Pete Stark, second in line for the W&M chair.

stark-jacket.bmp

In May 2004, Stark responded to a constituent Army National Guard member's letter critical of Stark's recent vote on the war in Iraq by immediately calling the service member's telephone and leaving a feisty response on voicemail which was later broadcast on San Francisco's talk radio station KSFO.[8] Stark's harsh voicemail was transcribed as follows:

“Dan, this is Congressman Pete Stark, and I just got your fax. And you don't know what you're talking about. So if you care about enlisted people, you wouldn't have voted for that thing either. But probably somebody put you up to this, and I'm not sure who it was, but I doubt if you could spell half the words in the letter, and somebody wrote it for you. So I don't pay much attention to it. But I'll call you back later and let you tell me more about why you think you're such a great goddamn hero and why you think that this generals [sic] and the Defense Department, who forced these poor enlisted guys to do what they did, shouldn't be held to account. That's the issue. So if you want to stick it to a bunch of enlisted guys, have your way. But if you want to get to the bottom of people who forced this awful program in Iraq, then you should understand more about it than you obviously do. Thanks.[9][10]

Pete Stark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
I think it is more about him being on a tropical island yet forgetting thathe has real estate on a tropical island.

Drag in any names you want...R, D or I....you do something wrong there should be zero tolerance. You are in a position of trust...and you accept it with the understanding of zero tolerance for mistakes made.

Ahh, that makes a little more sense.

And, as I said, he needs to go. I'm not defending him.

If I was from his district, I'd be actively campaigning against him, but I'm not.

I have some friends that live there though, that I've advised to vote against him, as it's only about an hour south of where I live.

Last edited:

I'm afraid I don't think Rangel is vulnerable to defeat. Whether he should step down is an entirely different question.

I'm not so big on the 'housekeeping' thing. ;)

I don't think Charlie is in trouble (election-wise) either, but there are some names I see pop up that were usually considered safe party wins that are not-so-much anymore...

and sometimes housekeeping has to be done - at least that's what my wife tells me...;)

I don't think Charlie is in trouble (election-wise) either, but there are some names I see pop up that were usually considered safe party wins that are not-so-much anymore...

and sometimes housekeeping has to be done - at least that's what my wife tells me...;)

probably true about the safe party wins.. but is that the result of whatever scandal erupts or is it just simply anti-incumbant feeling on both sides of the aisle?

your wife is right, of course. but housekeeping is fine only if one is careful to only toss out the trash and leave the valuables. ;)

probably true about the safe party wins.. but is that the result of whatever scandal erupts or is it just simply anti-incumbant feeling on both sides of the aisle?
Anti-incumbant feeling...

your wife is right, of course. but housekeeping is fine only if one is careful to only toss out the trash and leave the valuables. ;)
As long as I get to keep my Tito Puente albums...:lol:

I keed - I keed....

Yea, and the imbeciles in Sheila Jackson Lee's district love her skin color too, but she has another black running against her, maybe they will actually get off the porch and vote again........ probably not, only one vote per lifetime........ maybe 2 if they run a semi-black guy for Prez-a-dant and the Democrits give them a fried chicken lunch and a ride to the polls.

Besides, I'm sure his constituents are proud of him "stickin to da man" if they even have a clue who Charlie is. I'm sure in his district they have pictures on the ballot so they can just choose the black guy, that is if they bother to vote at all.

Last edited:
Possible replies from Majik:

1. It is what Obama will look like when he's older.
2. Obama thinks everything is about Obama, I fell into the trap too.
3. I thought Republicans just thought all Democrats look alike.
4. The talking points for that particular picture are not out yet.
5. Bush made him do it.
6. Geithner said it was okay for Rangel to not report that one.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back