The people at the "Insanity" rally

They represent the liberals well :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

A friend of mine went to that rally.

He's a Rep and he said he had a great time.

He also said isn't wasn't about left or right at all. He met folks from all parties and some that dont' have any party and politics wasn't even a thought for any of em.

They just had fun listening to the performers.

A friend of mine went to that rally.

He's a Rep and he said he had a great time.

He also said isn't wasn't about left or right at all. He met folks from all parties and some that dont' have any party and politics wasn't even a thought for any of em.

They just had fun listening to the performers.

Yep, my friends who attended said similar.

I read a blurb in which the Mainstream Media Outlet (think it was ABC) described the crowd as HUGE, and later in the article estimated attendance at 60,000.

If 60,000 is HUGE, what does that make the 500,000 plus who turned up for Beck's rally?

I read a blurb in which the Mainstream Media Outlet (think it was ABC) described the crowd as HUGE, and later in the article estimated attendance at 60,000.

If 60,000 is HUGE, what does that make the 500,000 plus who turned up for Beck's rally?

The rally:
stewart_colbert_rally_aerial_1_620x350.JPG

Side by side comparison:
beck-v-sanity-rally.jpg

Crowd estimation:
Jon Stewart Rally Attracts Estimated 215,000 - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
An estimated 215,000 people attended a rally organized by Comedy Central talk show hosts Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert Saturday in Washington, according to a crowd estimate commissioned by CBS News.

The company AirPhotosLive.com based the attendance at the “Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear” on aerial pictures it took over the rally, which took place on the Mall in Washington.

Stewart beat Beck. The rally was Republicans, Democrats, Independents, and everything in between, just enjoying the day and wonderful entertainment. Don/t be mad.

Last edited:

The rally:
stewart_colbert_rally_aerial_1_620x350.JPG

Side by side comparison:
beck-v-sanity-rally.jpg

Crowd estimation:
Jon Stewart Rally Attracts Estimated 215,000 - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
An estimated 215,000 people attended a rally organized by Comedy Central talk show hosts Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert Saturday in Washington, according to a crowd estimate commissioned by CBS News.

The company AirPhotosLive.com based the attendance at the “Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear” on aerial pictures it took over the rally, which took place on the Mall in Washington.

Stewart beat Beck. The rally was Republicans, Democrats, Independents, and everything in between, just enjoying the day and wonderful entertainment. Don/t be mad.

That's not actually a scientific way of measuring a crowd, Little Lefty. Personally, I'll accept what I was told this afternoon.... by actually qualified Professors who specialize in estimating crowd sizes.... using actual scientific methodology. They said:

Beck Rally: 345,000 (plus or minus 10,000)

Stewart Rally: 320,000 (plus or minus 10,000)

So, basically, it's a tie.

Forum List

Back