Stewart KICKED Beck's ASS!! (215K vs. 87K)

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
I know this'll get moved.....but, it's a Front Page FACTOID!!!!!

:clap2:

beck-crying.jpg

Only 215K? I thought it was like 16 million? Give or take. Where is Faux News when you need an estimate on crowd size?

Sorry, but it ain't 'fact'. It's the usual media shit. However, if you choose to believe it, that's fine. I honestly don't care.

LOL, Lovin it!

The right wingers will not believe it though, even if it is on Fox.

You accept whatever 'methodology' suits you. I don't. I accept only the standard scientific methodology. I thought the left were all about scientific evidence... apparently, that's only true when it suits ya. :lol:

Kinda doesn't matter. Comparing numbers is missing the point of what Stewart was trying to say, namely: We're tired of fear mongering.

It's nice Stewart had more folks turn out (which is what estimates this morning are showing), but Stewart's event was less rally, more free concert/stand up.

Kinda doesn't matter. Comparing numbers is missing the point of what Stewart was trying to say, namely: We're tired of fear mongering.

It's nice Stewart had more folks turn out (which is what estimates this morning are showing), but Stewart's event was less rally, more free concert/stand up.

This whole 'them and us' thing is media created hysteria. I'm tired of it. I don't 'hate' liberals, Muslims, or anyone else. Nor am I afraid of any individual or group. Idiots like Mr Stupid and TPS do neither side any favors. Their ranting and repetitious garbage is tiresome and boring.

I suspect a Mod will move this to where it belongs.... merged into one of the threads on the same topic... there are several to choose from.

This whole 'them and us' thing is media created hysteria. I'm tired of it. I don't 'hate' liberals, Muslims, or anyone else. Nor am I afraid of any individual or group. Idiots like Mr Stupid and TPS do neither side any favors. Their ranting and repetitious garbage is tiresome and boring.

I've been really amused by those, Left and Right, that missed the point of the whole thing. Stewart and Colbert's rally wasn't a Pro-DNC thing, or an Anti-GOP thing. As far as I've seen, the only group Stewart actually took to task was the Media which has helped widen the partisan divide.

That's why these threads about numbers amuse me, as do the posts by die hard Partisans trying to spin the event. If folks actually took the time to see what was said, I'd bet you'd get 98% of the folks in the USA agreeing with Stewart.

I wouldn't be surprised if Stewart got 215K. Though I know Him and Colbert were saying 150K on saturday.

Still doesn't compared to Becks 500K. But I suppose if we live in a fantasy world where only 87K people can be person to person from the Lincold Memorial to the WW2 memorial, in the overflow areas, among the trees, and then be nicely packed from the WW2 memorial to the Washington Monument, then yes, Stewart kicked Beck's ass on attendence.

Now, that we have the numbers somewhat figured out, which event do you think had more impact on the people attending and watching the broadcast? Which reached people at a deeper level?

Of course, I am sure some of you still havent watched the events. I admit I havent seen the entire Rally from this weekend (been working on things). But the parts Ive seen were amusing. Didn't really inspire me to change my life for the better though.

The Restoring Honor Rally, now I could easily how that will have changed a number of lives. In fact, I've talked to a number of people who have already seen some changes.

....As-opposed-to a Beck-style fundamentalist-revival gathering?

Somewhat.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI3HbU__x9c[/ame]​

He gave a really good speech about that...asking for cooperation.

There is no question that the 'them v us' thing is exacerbated by certain parts of the media... they make money from it; they achieve political advantage from it and they play people like the old snake oil salesmen.

one of the reasons i love jon stewart and joe scarborough is that they have particular pov's, but don't encourage people to hate those they disagree with.

i think the loons are dangerous... and i think when people start talking about 'second amendment remedies' if they lose an election, it's disgusting. no, i think it's evil.

I heard that unofficially, there were up to 300 million people on the mall

This whole 'them and us' thing is media created hysteria. Idiots like Mr Stupid and TPS do neither side any favors. Their ranting and repetitious garbage is tiresome and boring.​

Consistent, much??

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back