The party of small Govt does it again...

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida signed a bill into law Tuesday that will require teachers who want to be in unions to mail in written checks every month.

Now the Repubs are dictating by law how people pay their bills.

Can someone explain how this is a Conservative thing to do?

Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida signed a bill into law Tuesday that will require teachers who want to be in unions to mail in written checks every month.

LOLOL This is going to hurt the unions. and it will protect those folk who were forced to join which was unamerican.

Wah.

Why was the government withholding money from paychecks for union dues?

Destroying teachers and unions have long been core goals of the GOP

Why was the government withholding money from paychecks for union dues?

Because the person asked them to. When I was in the Corps I had all sorts of things being withheld so I did not have to pay them via mail.

People who don't join unions shouldn't get the benefit of collective bargaining and protection of the union lawyers and any health care program.
i agree with this.....in the PO its all voluntary but yet the ones who filed a lot of the grievances were the ones who bitched about the union the most and were not members....

You joined the union; you figure out how to pay your dues.

Why is it the Govt's job to dictate such things?

Is this what you consider small government?

Is this what you consider the actions of a conservative?

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question: Should everyone who opposes DeSantis be subject to his vendettas?

If it is just not allowing the schools to do payroll deductions, then fine, if it restricts on only one way to play, it is government overreach.

Forum List

Back