The party of small Govt does it again...

Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida signed a bill into law Tuesday that will require teachers who want to be in unions to mail in written checks every month.

Now the Repubs are dictating by law how people pay their bills.

Can someone explain how this is a Conservative thing to do?
your mistake is thinking republicans are right wing,, theyre left wing,, just not as far left as dems,,,

Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida signed a bill into law Tuesday that will require teachers who want to be in unions to mail in written checks every month.

DeSantis is also memorializing the 911 official fraud version into schools too. You must believe "the terrorists" did it...

Karl Rove has his second pet candidate, W being the first....

R.56b8f8b9a4375d7acb59128004a3ab50

Steve Bannon Says Ron DeSantis World Tour Was Humiliating For Him

As President of America, I promise Israel, just Israel, and only Israel shall be the one and only country I care about!!!

Just one question.

Does the union DEMAND all members authorize direct withdrawal.

It is a big government vs smaller government thing. Big government dictates how you can do things, smaller government allows you to decide how you want to do it
Look, just because you lack the ability to write a check or balance your checkbook, don’t whine about it. If these people are so dim they can’t handle paying bills without auto deductions, they should probably take basic math courses.

Look, just because you lack the ability to write a check or balance your checkbook, don’t whine about it. If these people are so dim they can’t handle paying bills without auto deductions, they should probably take basic math courses.

Whether they can or not is irrelevant.

The question is should the govt be involved in how you pay your bills.

I, being a small government, more freedom sort of guy says no.

You, being a big government, less freedom sort of guy says YES.

Since union membership is not requited of teachers it does not really matter
It matters.

If it is required, a member may feel pressured not to void a government withdrawal.

Better to keep the government out of perpetual required payments.

It gives the impression that the government is either a party to the requirement or approved it.

Better to have that payment set up thru a disinterested third party that is neither the government nor employer.

It is so simple to set up the payment via automatic bank payment systems I have no earthly idea what the issue is OTHER THAN the power gleaned from it being the Government doing the withholding... like taxes.

It matters.

If it is required, a member may feel pressured not to void a government withdrawal.

Better to keep the government out of perpetual required payments.

It gives the impression that the government is either a party to the requirement or approved it.

Better to have that payment set up thru a disinterested third party that is neither the government not employer.

It is so simple to set up the payment via automatic bank payment systems I have no earthly idea what the issue is OTHER THAN the power gleaned from it being the Government doing the withholding... like taxes.

Still is not the Govt's place to tell people how to pay their jobs.

But I do appreciate you once again proving you are not a small government advocate

I agree with the idea of eliminating the state as the Bag Man for the unions, and the unions should definitely be doing their own collections work.

But making teachers write checks, is a bit much. IMHO, the unions should be allowed to take electronic payments or cash payments. Personally, I haven't written a check for a very long period of time, insisting on such an antiquated form of payment seems unreasonable.

Still is not the Govt's place to tell people how to pay their jobs.

But I do appreciate you once again proving you are not a small government advocate
Getting the government and it's implied power out of the deduction of perpetual Union payments IS smaller government.

This is a job for private, impartial, third party, employee controlled payment systems. Ones that can be terminated as quickly as a few clicks of a mouse.

That's more freedom, more individual power, and more transparency.

Now tell me again what your way offers.

Forum List

Back