The Party of "Do Nothing"

Wrongo! You can't filibuster budget bills. They only need 51 votes to pass.

That is how the "Obama care" was passed. The senate did not have enough votes even with the majority. It was done in an under-handed way, the way of the dems.

They had a Senate majority...how is that underhanded?

The Republican filibuster was underhanded
How DARE the opposition party not immediately and unquestioningly rubber-stamp what the Dems want, no matter how harmful they think it is!

Do you ever think before you post?

Obamacare does nothing to lower the cost of healthcare. In fact, it increases the cost for most Americans so some freeloaders and illegal aliens can get it for nothing.

Those who have health insurance don't have to worry about losing their house if they get sick

Republicans don't give a shit

People who can't afford health insurance probably can't afford to own a home either.

The evidence shows that Democrats wouldn't donate a dime of their own money to help people without insurance, so it's obvious they don't give a shit. They always want someone else to pay the cost of their schemes.
Democrats are very generous. They'll give you the shirt off someone else's back.

It ain't just Geithner, it's the whole democratic party from Obama on down. Too scared to lay it out there, they talk the talk about cutting deficits and then they come out with a bullshit budget that counts money we weren't going to spend over the next 10 years in Iraq and Afghanistan as spending cuts!

If they told the truth: we, the dems are trying to eliminate the Constitution, and replace it with an elite bunch of democrats as dictators, they would never be elected again. When they say: let's get those evil rich people, their followers miss it.

What a potent bit of stupidity. Is there nothing that daveman won't 'Thank?'
Perhaps you can explain why the Dem-controlled Senate has abdicated its responsibility.

And no, "Because the GOP won't let them do anything!!" is not a rational explanation. It's a Dem talking point.

How DARE the opposition party not immediately and unquestioningly rubber-stamp what the Dems want, no matter how harmful they think it is!

Their goal was obstruction, not better policy. That was obvious even before they started explicitly admitting that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz5AmhI9g7o]"Unique position!"[/ame]

Damn...that's a good one

Geitner nailed it and sent Ryan packing.
The Ryan plan is nothing but partisanship developed to sooth the Republican base
So what do you call the Obama budget?

I call it reality in 2012

Congress cannot accomplish the simplest task. Expecting them to pass a budget is unrealistic.

Just another case of Republicans giggling because they have created a deadlock that Obama cannot get around
Once again, you expect the GOP do do whatever the Dems stamp their feet and insist they do.

The GOP has no obligation to fulfill the Dem agenda when they think it's detrimental to the nation.

Their goal was obstruction, not better policy. That was obvious even before they started explicitly admitting that.

Again, the GOP doesn't owe the Dems squat. Stop pouting about it.

Recently before Congress Treasury Secretary Geithner responded to a question from Rep. Paul Ryan saying, "You are right to say we're not coming before you today to say 'we have a definitive solution to that long term problem.' What we do know is, we don't like yours."

As Guy Benson at Townhall put it:
Those two sentences speak to a mentality so bereft of intellectual vigor, so stunningly and candidly shallow, so thoroughly irresponsible, so politically myopic, selfish, and cowardly, that it should disqualify this crew from a second term in office. What a disgrace. Remember this moment the next time Democrats accuse the GOP of being the "do nothing," intransigent, "party of no."

Reason Foundation - Out of Control Policy Blog > Which is the "Do Nothing" Party?

So when exactly did the democrats lose their guts? How come they don't have the balls to say that we're never going to cut spending, we're never going to change the entitlement programs unless it's to make them bigger, and we don't care one iota how high the debt/deficits grow.

Damn...that's a good one

Geitner nailed it and sent Ryan packing.
The Ryan plan is nothing but partisanship developed to sooth the Republican base

You're too retarded to know that he said the only thing they know is they don't like the GOP's ideas. He didn't say one way or another if they have any of their own.

Again, the GOP doesn't owe the Dems squat. Stop pouting about it.

I'm satisfied with the way the ACA turned out. I would think it's those who feel their voice wasn't adequately heard during the legislative process--because those ostensibly representing it refused to help shape the legislation, to the point of rejecting their own amendments in a pointless attempt at obstruction--who should be upset.

That's a fucken lie of course.

The Democrat Senate's goal has been obstruction so Obama could run on a do-nothing congress.

So what do you call the Obama budget?

I call it reality in 2012

Congress cannot accomplish the simplest task. Expecting them to pass a budget is unrealistic.

Just another case of Republicans giggling because they have created a deadlock that Obama cannot get around
Once again, you expect the GOP do do whatever the Dems stamp their feet and insist they do.

The GOP has no obligation to fulfill the Dem agenda when they think it's detrimental to the nation.

The Republican Party has taken a stance that if they do not get to call the shots , then NOBODY gets to call the shots. They are the first minority party in history to completely block Congress because they could not dictate policy

So when exactly did the democrats lose their guts? How come they don't have the balls to say that we're never going to cut spending, we're never going to change the entitlement programs unless it's to make them bigger, and we don't care one iota how high the debt/deficits grow.

Because that’s not their goal, that’s a partisan contrivance.

It’s Congress’ responsibility to address the issues of spending and deficits, with the House taking lead, not the Executive.

Now, if the House were to come up with a responsible, comprehensive plan, one that doesn’t attempt to balance the budget on the backs of the elderly, working class, and disabled, and devoid of partisan idiocy, the Administration would likely enter into talks in good faith to turn such a plan into law.

The budget can only be balanced if the left under Obama is willing get serious on cutting further government spending, and look for ways to further reduce the federal budget outside of just military spending. That means stop experimenting with taxpayer dollars on GREEN program initiatives that are not finding any success in the consumer market (programs like the Chevy Volt). That means putting all options on the table for private sector job growth (including further drilling and oil pipelines to lessen Mid East dependency) over Obama's willingness to look at simply unemployment extensions as a means to create jobs. That means putting Americans back to work to allow the people to pay their OWN bills, over another government home foreclosure investment bailout. That means allowing banks to lend, over pushing more regulations on them that results in banks tightening on further corporate lending practices. That means allowing businesses to earn a profit so they can invest in more business growth, not the attitude that those that make over $250,000 must pay homage to the United States Federal Government for the "privilege" of doing business here (if not, then don't act so surprised when they look overseas to further their company's expansion over the United States. Remember, we aren't the ONLY country looking for businesses to employ workers that can benefit a nation's economy).

Last edited:
If they told the truth: we, the dems are trying to eliminate the Constitution, and replace it with an elite bunch of democrats as dictators, they would never be elected again. When they say: let's get those evil rich people, their followers miss it.

What a potent bit of stupidity. Is there nothing that daveman won't 'Thank?'
Perhaps you can explain why the Dem-controlled Senate has abdicated its responsibility.

And no, "Because the GOP won't let them do anything!!" is not a rational explanation. It's a Dem talking point.

'the dems are trying to eliminate the Constitution' ain't it, partner.

There is no Constitutional provision for the government to be in the healthcare business.

Or to go to the moon either
Okay. I'll trade you NASA for Obamacare.

Bear in mind NASA has a long track record of benefiting society. Obamacare can't and won't.

Obamacare will save more people than NASA ever did

Comes down to are your priorities helping fellow Americans or exploring the stars?

When the Republicans told the Democrats to rewrite the health bill the response from Obama and the Dems was "you are obstructing" when the Dems in the Senate refuse to even send to committee budget bills from the House, that is according to Obama and the Democrats governance.

The only reason the Republicans wanted the Healthcare bill rewritten was so that they could delay it until the Dems no longer had a Congressional majority. They did the same thing with Clintons healthcare bill and then stalled it for 15 years

Zackly. They talk about proposed HC solutions, then they're in power and nothing happens.

The debate only takes place when Dems are in control.
President Clinton never presented a health care bill. Socialized medicine was an idea floated by Hillary Clinton

or better yet;

“If I’m part of a family that does not buy health insurance in violation of the president’s health care program, and I have to pay because of that, that is not a tax — that is not a tax on me?” Rep. Scott Garrett (R-N.J.) asked Zients, in an exchange that was promptly posted on YouTube, after Zients insisted the law doesn’t raise taxes.

“I’m not sure I’m following the question,” Zients said.

“If I make under $250,000 and I do not buy health insurance as I’m required to under the Affordable Health Care Act, is that a tax on me or is that not a tax on me?” Garrett said. “A moment ago you said there are no tax increases.”

“There aren’t,” Zients said.

“So that’s not a tax?” Garrett asked.

“No," Zients said.

In the lawsuit before the Supreme Court, however, the Obama administration is defending the individual mandate by saying the penalty for not getting health insurance is a tax. The mandate takes effect in 2014.

Read more: Did OMB director not get the mandate memo? - David Nather - POLITICO.com

Watch President's Budget Director Contradict President's Legal Argument for Obamacare - YouTube

It's a tax when it suits them, and not a tax when it doesn't. I call it "Obamaspeak".

The only reason the Republicans wanted the Healthcare bill rewritten was so that they could delay it until the Dems no longer had a Congressional majority. They did the same thing with Clintons healthcare bill and then stalled it for 15 years

Zackly. They talk about proposed HC solutions, then they're in power and nothing happens.

The debate only takes place when Dems are in control.
President Clinton never presented a health care bill. Socialized medicine was an idea floated by Hillary Clinton

Yea the Republicans were so cooperative....this bill needs more work, let's tear it up and come up with a BIPARTISAN bill that everyone agrees with.

What happened? Gingrich

Forum List

Back