The ORIGINAL "Fake News" goes to court

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
As we know, the original definition of fake news was the non-stop flood of fantastical conspiracy theories spewed by sites like Alex Jones, WND, Breitbart, et al.

Then Trump was able to successfully commandeer the word via Twitter and his "speeches".

Anyway, ol' Alex Jones will need to defend himself on some stuff:

Alex Jones faces existential courtroom battle over limits of fake news

As we know, the original definition of fake news was the non-stop flood of fantastical conspiracy theories spewed by sites like Alex Jones, WND, Breitbart, et al.

Then Trump was able to successfully commandeer the word via Twitter and his "speeches".

Bulleshitte. Alex Jones is not the problem. Thre real problem is the alphabet media ...the msm. Not even to mention the N.Y.Times You are just not very knowledgable or you are flaming.

WATCH: Award-Winning Journalist Exposes the True Origin of the Term Fake News

Bulleshitte. Alex Jones is not the problem. Thre real problem is the alphabet media ...the msm. Not even to mention the N.Y.Times You are just not very knowledgable or you are flaming.

And you don't understand the difference between bias and fantasy.

Oh, and by the way, thank you for a beautiful example of my point.

As your "source", you use that renowned news website "stillnessinthestorm.com", which used a FAKE headline. The headline does not describe her point. She doesn't use the term, THEY did.

Good gawd, people, come on.

Last edited:
I hope Jones pays through the nose. The man is scum for what he out those families through.

This is all just a vast left wing conspiracy in coordination with the deep state, the Zionists and the Illuminati to silence Alex Jones, just ask him.

Our President has commandeered the term to mean any news that he does not like

The willingness of his followers to pick up the chant is leading to the destruction of a free press

Trump is setting up his excuse for the Mueller report

Don’t believe anything that is written about Trump. He is the only one we should trust

oh he's up there to be sure but sharyl attkisson did a piece on this and traced fake news back to google.

Sharyl Attkisson Explains the Origins of the 2016 'Fake News' Narrative in TedX Talk

"Attkisson, who has studied the manipulative moneyed interests behind the media industry, said that "few themes arise in our environment organically." She noted that she always found it helpful to "follow the money."

"What if the whole anti-fake news campaign was an effort on somebody's part to keep us from seeing or believing certain websites and stories by controversializing them or labeling them as fake news?" Attkisson posited.

Digging deeper, she discovered that Google was one of the big donors behind First Draft's "fake news" messaging. Google's parent company, Alphabet, was run by Eric Schmidt, who happened to be a huge Hillary Clinton supporter."

this lady does her homework and research before she puts an article out.

Fake News is about Left Wing spin.
They make somethings big issues whilst suppressing other issues that hurt the Democrats.
They rarely have positive news about Republicans and they rarely have negative news about the Dems.

oh he's up there to be sure but sharyl attkisson did a piece on this and traced fake news back to google.

Sharyl Attkisson Explains the Origins of the 2016 'Fake News' Narrative in TedX Talk

"Attkisson, who has studied the manipulative moneyed interests behind the media industry, said that "few themes arise in our environment organically." She noted that she always found it helpful to "follow the money."

"What if the whole anti-fake news campaign was an effort on somebody's part to keep us from seeing or believing certain websites and stories by controversializing them or labeling them as fake news?" Attkisson posited.

Digging deeper, she discovered that Google was one of the big donors behind First Draft's "fake news" messaging. Google's parent company, Alphabet, was run by Eric Schmidt, who happened to be a huge Hillary Clinton supporter."

From your article

"She warned the audience about the latest effort to quell speech through something called "media literacy," where liberal elites tell everyone else whom they should trust. She said, "Media literacy advocates are busy trying to get state laws passed to require that their version of media literacy be taught in public schools."

Is fairly accurate, those in power are engaged in a long running campaign to quell free speech and control thought by other means , The saddest part is that the mindless sheeple that make up the general public are making it easy for 'em.

"In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality, was tacitly denied by their philosophy. The heresy of heresies was common sense." -- George Orwell, 1984

From your article

"She warned the audience about the latest effort to quell speech through something called "media literacy," where liberal elites tell everyone else whom they should trust. She said, "Media literacy advocates are busy trying to get state laws passed to require that their version of media literacy be taught in public schools."

Is fairly accurate, those in power are engaged in a long running campaign to quell free speech and control thought by other means , The saddest part is that the mindless sheeple that make up the general public are making it easy for 'em.

"In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality, was tacitly denied by their philosophy. The heresy of heresies was common sense." -- George Orwell, 1984
i believe so few journalists these days. the ones on FOX and CNN and the like - it's not a matter of believe or not, it's a matter of agenda pushing by either side. it's a matter of slanting things to fit your views vs. the painful act of expanding your views to fit reality.

but i believe her. in the late 80s my minor in college was journalism and what we see today is so far from it that we really need to wipe that top layer of crap away and look for valid sources. they will be new names to be sure but what i look for in "news" is *NOT* telling me how to feel. when i read any story that demonizes the subject, i stop. fuck 'em cause that isn't news, that how someone "feelz" and honesty i just don't give a shit. go get a blog, tell me what the fuck your cat is doing and whats for dinner cause the 'news' from these people is simply regurgitated headlines they are interpreting and recasting out in their own light.

but we are seeing the "elite" tell us what is good and what isn't. this started with obama and fox news. if someone can trace it back further, lay it on me i'm listening. but this is where i see the gun fire to start this stupid discredit race. now if you say WELL FOX IS FAKE then you are exactly playing your role in this game trying to tell people what and how to think. so the left started this fake crap and then they have the gall to say "no, the right does it!

as sharyl pointed out - fake news is NOTHING new. been around under many names all through time. but to find the latest iteration we now refer to, google and the left.

again, if someone can trace it back further and do better homework than attkisson, have at it.

So much for freedom of the press.

Let's set some precedence ...
Start locking up and/or fining people in the press we can prove are telling lies ...
Or are speculating instead of giving us the facts.

So much for freedom of the press.

Let's set some precedence ...
Start locking up and/or fining people in the press we can prove are telling lies ...
Or are speculating instead of giving us the facts.

well, if i start misbehaving, i lose my rights. pure and simple. i abuse my guns, i lose those rights. i abuse freedom of speech, i spend time in jail and/or community service for it.

if the press doesn't respect their freedoms then there can and should be a penalty for it. but that should come from *us* getting smart and simply moving on. you can be wrong as a journalist sure, but you at least need to be able to show research on your stories and many can't because they simply shout out LOOK WHAT TRUMP TWEETED and they call that news.

people don't want news these days in as much as bullets for their own hate guns.

well, if i start misbehaving, i lose my rights. pure and simple. i abuse my guns, i lose those rights. i abuse freedom of speech, i spend time in jail and/or community service for it.

if the press doesn't respect their freedoms then there can and should be a penalty for it. but that should come from *us* getting smart and simply moving on. you can be wrong as a journalist sure, but you at least need to be able to show research on your stories and many can't because they simply shout out LOOK WHAT TRUMP TWEETED and they call that news.

people don't want news these days in as much as bullets for their own hate guns.

It changed from news to commentary a while back ... :thup:

Forum List

Back