The 'Obamacare' 'Shell Game'

not by a long shot... but if that's your fantasy.

Jillian, go back and read the post I made that had a link to Harry Reid's interview, in which he openly admitted that the 'end game' was never the ACA, that ACA was the 1st step in getting to a point where private insurance companies will go ght way of the dodo bird, and Single Payer will replace it.

Reid was not shy at all in declaring the ACA was the 1st step towards that!

insurance provided by employers is not "free stuff". it is part of a reumeration package negotiated between the employer and employee... .it is provided in that way because that is, stupidly, the basis for insurance coverage in our society.

Oh, I agree...it sure as hail isn't 'free' ,as it is an added expense to the business owner...which is why so many jobs were reduced to part-time jobs so they could avoid having to offer owner-paid health care. In cases like McDonalds, there is no negotiated employer-employee salary: 'The job pays THIS....want it or not?!'

Because employer-provided health insurance NEVER, EVER decreased until Obamacare, right?

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr017.pdf

In 2007, 62% of persons reported employer-sponsored coverage, down from 71% in 1980.

A more accurate title for this thread would have been "Employers' Health Insurance 'Shell Game'".

Jillian, go back and read the post I made that had a link to Harry Reid's interview, in which he openly admitted that the 'end game' was never the ACA, that ACA was the 1st step in getting to a point where private insurance companies will go ght way of the dodo bird, and Single Payer will replace it.

Reid was not shy at all in declaring the ACA was the 1st step towards that!

i'm going to guess, given that your posts are generally disingenuous.... that he may have said that ultimately he'd like to see a single payor system (since that is better for the country) but it's not the "end game" of the legislation.

sio i'd suggest you look at *my* post to see what the ACA does.

you are aware there's no insurance plan called "obamacare", right? we're talking about insurance plans provided by private insurers.

also, if you have a problem with the ACA, you should probably talk to the heritage foundation since it was their plan. the point of making everyone have insurance, according to the heritage folk, was for "personal responsibility".

that, of course, went out the window when this president adopted their plan.

ACA = 'Stepping Stone' to Single Payer..

Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system

From the jackass' mouth:

"Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system"

the jackass? are you linking us to yourself?

and if you were honest (which you aren't) you'd acknowledge what he said was exactly what I knew he'd say.

being Obama-deranged must burn up a lot of brain cells given your inability to honestly assess what you read.

ANSWERS IN RED

i'm going to guess, given that your posts are generally disingenuous.... that he may have said that ultimately he'd like to see a single payor system (since that is better for the country) but it's not the "end game" of the legislation.
- NO. Obama made it clear before the election in 2008 that he preferred Single Payer system and would seek to institute it. In a moment of brutal honesty in this Q&A event Reid made it CLEAR that the ACA was NEVER designed to last a long time, that they KNEW it would eventually fail, and that is was designed from the start as a step towards Single Payer. He did not just say this one, either.

you are aware there's no insurance plan called "obamacare", right? we're talking about insurance plans provided by private insurers.
The 'edict' Obama / Liberals imposed is 'affectionately' called 'Obamacare', and it defines the minimum of what EVERY policy issued must contain. Obama didn't just FORCE Americans to buy insurance, he forced them to buy Insurance that was defined/specified by HIM!

also, if you have a problem with the ACA, you should probably talk to the heritage foundation since it was their plan. the point of making everyone have insurance, according to the heritage folk, was for "personal responsibility".
- Link? Didn't think so. No, this was Obama's and the Liberals who rammed it into law against the majority opposition of the American people. No way Libs are worming their way out of this one and blaming this PO$ on anyone else. The ACA is all OBAMA'S and Liberals' baby...and it's a damn UGLY baby!

the jackass? are you linking us to yourself.

Jackass, me? Nope - Reid. (Need some help reading?)

I'm sorry that your beloved Harry Reid came right out and ADMITTED that the ACA was put together with the full intention of it NEVER SURVIVING, and that it was only a stepping stone to the Single Payer system Obama declared was his preference / goal. I'm sorry you have a problem with what he said - take it up with Reid, believing the whole time your beloved party would not wreak so much havoc, screw so many people over, just to impose a 'bridge' from our previous system to Single Payer.

Read Reid's own words again. Look up the other articles about this that supports the story. If you STILL have a problem believing it your problem isn't with me...it's with Reid and Obama who created this disastrous PO$!

Forum List

Back