Colorado will put a single-payer initiative on the 2016 ballot

Arianrhod

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2015
ColoradoCareYES.co » About

Cue the chorus of "Fuck Colorado...it'll never work...if Colorado wants to fuck itself, let it..."

Single-payer may be to the latter half of this decade what SSM was to the first half.

Welcome to the 21st century! If it makes you unhappy, talk to Doc Brown...maybe he can send you back to the 1950s. Tell Ward Cleaver the rest of us said "Hi, and aren't you lucky that you're not paying the wealthy's taxes." :D

If the state wants to choose single payer, that is great. I have always said it is a state and not a federal issue.

Single payer would be better than this bullshit everyone had shoved down their throats..

I'm sure it will be as successful as Vermont's attempt was. LOL

That aside, if a state wants to do single payer than that's their decision. That's the way the it should be done, but not one bureaucratic one size fits all federal program for 320 million people that would be the biggest clusterfuck on the planet.

I'm seeing parallels to the SSM fight...first one state accomplishes it, then another, then another, then it becomes the law of the land.

I'm seeing parallels to the SSM fight...first one state accomplishes it, then another, then another, then it becomes the law of the land.

If it works, if it doesn't then other states won't try it. Depends on how they get it funded and the tax burden place on the citizens of Colorado.

The problem will be WHEN it fails, many on the left will still want it implemented on a national level. You've failed in the war on poverty yet you still continue to fund such programs.

The problem will be WHEN it fails, many on the left will still want it implemented on a national level.

Why do I hear echoes of Karl Rove "and Romney will win by a landslide"?

Neither of us knows whether this initiative will succeed or fail; only one of us is pretending he's 110% certain.

The problem will be WHEN it fails, many on the left will still want it implemented on a national level.

Neither of us knows whether this initiative will succeed or fail; only one of us is pretending he's 110% certain.

Aren't you the one claiming it will be the law of the land? At least that is what you posted. So is that 109%?

Yet I still hear you claiming you're not a Democrat while repeating what Democrats say.

Yet I still hear you claiming you're not a Democrat while repeating what Democrats say.
Whatever.

Whatever.

That's another one.

Whatever.

That's another one.

It's indicative of a lack of interest in your repetitive themes. I'd imagine Republicans would be more likely to say "Uh-huh." Will that work for you? Because if you're no longer interested in the topic, much as I appreciate your bumping the thread, I'd have to wonder why you're doing it.

Whatever.

That's another one.

It's indicative of a lack of interest in your repetitive themes. I'd imagine Republicans would be more likely to say "Uh-huh." Will that work for you? Because if you're no longer interested in the topic, much as I appreciate your bumping the thread, I'd have to wonder why you're doing it.
You say you aren't something then say the same things as those who actually admit they are Democrats.

State based single payer has the issue of people being able to leave (and enter) based on the effect it has on them. It also can lead to doctors leaving the State, when said State has to do the only thing it can really do to lower costs, reduce doctor compensation.

And of course, the well off will still have access to high level health care that they pay for out of pocket.

State based single payer has the issue of people being able to leave (and enter) based on the effect it has on them. It also can lead to doctors leaving the State, when said State has to do the only thing it can really do to lower costs, reduce doctor compensation.

And of course, the well off will still have access to high level health care that they pay for out of pocket.
Colorado legalized weed. I doubt too many residents will be fleeing. :D

Forum List

Back