The Obamacare scam is failing and exposes its built-in treachery

The chart is dated 2013, meaning it represents data collected prior to 2013.

The PPACA was implemented in 2014.

Is this going to be one of those Obama the Timelord things?

OBAMACARE was put in place way back.

The law was passed in 2010. It was fully implemented in January 2014. Writing your post in color doesn't change that. Any data gathered prior to January 2014 refer to information gathered before January 2014.

Fines/Fees were installed up to 2017 I have found.

Do you know what a "projection" is? 2017 hasn't happened yet.

QUIT! STOP! the law has been in place. The fines varied each year. I posted 2016. GET OFF ME! There is a 1040 instruction booklet each year. 2.5%*AGI for 2016. If the chart was 2013........so what? you think its' gotten any cheaper? GET OFF ME! Yeah it is confusing. It takes work to figure out how they are going to charge each year. You want to know............GO LOOK IT UP. I posted facts I could find easily.

One more time: Full implementation of the PPACA began in January 2014. That's AFTER the data in your chart. If you don't have a chart showing the impact of the PPACA AFTER it was implemented, all you're doing is showing why the reform was needed in the first place. The projections in the chart that's over a year older than the law itself are "things that might happen if no reform is initiated."

There are dozens of threads with hundreds of posts explaining how the PPACA works, but people still don't get it. If you're interested in today's Real Life data and how they might affect you, let me know and I'll steer you toward some information you can use.

If you'd rather just keep repeating yourself and getting nowhere, you can do that instead.

I am going to let someone else handle you and your kind. That is too many words.

The chart I posted shows ObamaCare costs to Taxpayer for 2016. I know enough to know it is very close or 100% accurate. GET OFF ME! All costs are in the 1040 instruction booklet as 2016 filings are finished. 2017 will be similar..........if it lasts that long.

The law was passed in 2010. It was fully implemented in January 2014. Writing your post in color doesn't change that. Any data gathered prior to January 2014 refer to information gathered before January 2014.

QUIT! STOP! the law has been in place. The fines varied each year. I posted 2016. GET OFF ME! There is a 1040 instruction booklet each year. 2.5%*AGI for 2016. If the chart was 2013........so what? you think its' gotten any cheaper? GET OFF ME! Yeah it is confusing. It takes work to figure out how they are going to charge each year. You want to know............GO LOOK IT UP. I posted facts I could find easily.

One more time: Full implementation of the PPACA began in January 2014. That's AFTER the data in your chart. If you don't have a chart showing the impact of the PPACA AFTER it was implemented, all you're doing is showing why the reform was needed in the first place. The projections in the chart that's over a year older than the law itself are "things that might happen if no reform is initiated."

There are dozens of threads with hundreds of posts explaining how the PPACA works, but people still don't get it. If you're interested in today's Real Life data and how they might affect you, let me know and I'll steer you toward some information you can use.

If you'd rather just keep repeating yourself and getting nowhere, you can do that instead.

I am going to let someone else handle you and your kind. That is too many words.

The chart I posted shows ObamaCare costs to Taxpayer for 2016. I know enough to know it is very close or 100% accurate. GET OFF ME! All costs are in the 1040 instruction booklet as 2016 filings are finished. 2017 will be similar..........if it lasts that long.

We still spend as much as we did before.

All we are doing is cost shifting.

Obamacare sucks.

For someone earning more than 400% of the federal poverty line, or for someone who's ascared to look on the exchanges because FOXNews told him he'd get cooties, maybe.

Other people are doing just fine.

The PROBLEM is once people depend on GOVT for health care,
then we become DEPENDENT and Enslaved to whatever Govt officials pass.
They no longer answer to us if they control the purse strings on medical care.
The PROBLEM is, you are blind to the fact that,
YOU ARE ALREADY DEPENDENT UPON AND ENSLAVED TO,
A GOVERNING SYSTEM, THAT DOESN'T ANSWER TO THE PEOPLE,
LET ALONE, WORK FOR OR ON BEHALF OF, THE PEOPLE!

The QUESTION is, are we going to go further down that road, or are we going to do something about it?

The QUESTION is, are we going to go further down that road, or are we going to do something about it?

Looks like Clinton or Trump takes deeper into the mess.

Then you're not paying attention. Trump wants to do what you've been hoping for - dismantle the whole thing and return to the "insurers can do whatever they want" days.

Then you're not paying attention. Trump wants to do what you've been hoping for - dismantle the whole thing and return to the "insurers can do whatever they want" days.

None of us knows what Trump wants. He'll say anything he thinks his (current) audience wants to hear.

None of us knows what Trump wants. He'll say anything he thinks his (current) audience wants to hear.

Good point. But he seems to be saying "Kill Obamacare" far more often than anything else.
Because that what his audience wants to hear. There's no reason to believe him.

True. The only remotely honest thing he's hinted at is that he plans to let Pence run the country while he goes back to his business ventures, maybe another "reality" show, all those hat-making factories in Mexico and China...

I really don't care what they want.

They won't get it with the current congressional make up. The senate will block any changes.

So, Obamacare is just going to break under it's own weight. Neither one is going to aggressively do anything.

But isn't that what you are doing by imposing
govt health care where people ARE FORCED
into it WITHOUT free choice and AGAINST their BELIEFS and consent.
Obamacare isn't govt provided or sponsered health care,
it's legislation that forces me to buy "affordable" medical insurance, or be fined.
It's legislation that forces "certain" businesses to provide their employees w coverage.

I think a lot of people were under the impression,
that this was going to be similar to the Canadian Health Care system.

How this has anything to do w personal beliefs is beyond me:dunno:

it's legislation that forces me to buy "affordable" medical insurance, or be fined.
It's legislation that forces "certain" businesses to provide their employees w coverage.

Only in the sense that some of us might believe that insurance is a crappy way to finance health care.

Only in the sense that some of us might believe that insurance is a crappy way to finance health care.

What would be your suggested alternative ?

Anything but. We should pay for it like we pay for anything else. Insurance should only be for unexpected calamities that would bankrupt your family otherwise. But we're fixated on the delusion that we can use insurance to pay for most, if not all, of our healthcare expenses.

Using insurance to pay for the normal expenses of life is more than just dumb. It's not only a waste of money from an individual's perspective, but (when most customers are under the same delusion) it does serious harm to the markets involved.

I'm opposed to government regulation of our economic decisions at any level, but if we are going to use the government to solve the problem, the more intelligent thing to do would be to ban full coverage health insurance altogether, only permitting catastrophic plans.

Anything but. We should pay for it like we pay for anything else. Insurance should only be for unexpected calamities that would bankrupt your family otherwise. But we're fixated on the delusion that we can use insurance to pay for most, if not all, of our healthcare expenses.

Using insurance to pay for the normal expenses of life is more than just dumb. It's not only a waste of money from an individual's perspective, but (when most customers are under the same delusion) it does serious harm to the markets involved.

I'm opposed to government regulation of our economic decisions at any level, but if we are going to use the government to solve the problem, the more intelligent thing to do would be to ban full coverage health insurance altogether, only permitting catastrophic plans.

So how do you propose to roll back the costs of medications (an area where it actually might be done, as opposed to the costs of surgery and post-op care, nursing home care, hospice care, etc., etc., etc.)?

Big Pharma's usual alibi is "We have to charge more to recoup R&D," even though it's been proven that most of their revenue goes to advertising, upper-echelon salaries, and the stockholders.

If you have a plan to stop them from slopping at the trough, I'd love to hear it.

Great post !!!!

So how do you propose to roll back the costs of medications (an area where it actually might be done, as opposed to the costs of surgery and post-op care, nursing home care, hospice care, etc., etc., etc.)?

I don't.

Forum List

Back