CDZ The Nuts And Bolts Of The Coming Hillary Defeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Statistikhengst Just a little add here before I drop this subject. You are arguing the CDZ is about content control and my stance is the CDZ is about self control. But we have another problem here as well.

YOU chose to avoid the topic and presented a straw man argument that had nothing to do with content/message. That would be a troll INSIDE the CDZ which is NOT allowed as I understand it.

Your complaint should have been made using the report button and NOT in the thread. If I understand the rules correct. Good day.

Uhm, no.

The CDZ is about honesty and civility in debate.

You were not honest when you characterized the video as "non-partisan". It is anything but non-partisan.

There is no rule against presenting a partisan video in the CDZ. Have at it. Only, you should then be truthful about it. That would not make the video any less relevant, well, assuming that the linkage between the video and your intent in the OP title is there. And sure, the guy in the video can express any opinion he wants to. Where, oh where did I say that he does not have that right?

Furthermore, your OP Title:

The Nuts And Bolts Of The Coming Hillary Defeat

has absolutely nothing to do with the video you use as the basis for your argument. That video attempts to show why Trump is doing well among Republicans. It actually has little to do with Hillary Clinton.

Perhaps you can explain why you pick such a title that is so disjunct in relation to the material you use to support your point.

For these reasons, your OP imo makes little sense and is hard to accept as a serious topic for debate in the CDZ.
Please quit trolling my thread with your off topic antics. There ARE on topic valid points being made here.
Thank you.
Fury

Only, I am not trolling.

As far as I can tell, until now, I am the only one to have completely watched the video you use as the crux of your argument and I also quoted a number of things from that video, word for word. Or, do you wish to claim that those things are not in the video? They are, you know, exactly as I quoted them.

This means that the points I have attacked (not the people, but rather, the points) are as on-topic as can be, because it is material that YOU presented.

Secondly, you have still not explained what your thread title is supposed to have to do with your video excerpt, which you undoubtedly use as the crux for your argument.

Please explain this.
To reduce this debate to thread title IS trolling. Once again I ask nicely, ON topic. Do NOT troll.

No, it is not trolling. I asked you a question, which you have still not answered.

What does this OP title:

have to do with the video you use as the crux for your argument?

The question is a simple question. It has nothing to do with you or me as people. It has to do with content.

@Statistikhengst Just a little add here before I drop this subject. You are arguing the CDZ is about content control and my stance is the CDZ is about self control. But we have another problem here as well.

YOU chose to avoid the topic and presented a straw man argument that had nothing to do with content/message. That would be a troll INSIDE the CDZ which is NOT allowed as I understand it.

Your complaint should have been made using the report button and NOT in the thread. If I understand the rules correct. Good day.

Uhm, no.

The CDZ is about honesty and civility in debate.

You were not honest when you characterized the video as "non-partisan". It is anything but non-partisan.

There is no rule against presenting a partisan video in the CDZ. Have at it. Only, you should then be truthful about it. That would not make the video any less relevant, well, assuming that the linkage between the video and your intent in the OP title is there. And sure, the guy in the video can express any opinion he wants to. Where, oh where did I say that he does not have that right?

Furthermore, your OP Title:

has absolutely nothing to do with the video you use as the basis for your argument. That video attempts to show why Trump is doing well among Republicans. It actually has little to do with Hillary Clinton.

Perhaps you can explain why you pick such a title that is so disjunct in relation to the material you use to support your point.

For these reasons, your OP imo makes little sense and is hard to accept as a serious topic for debate in the CDZ.
Please quit trolling my thread with your off topic antics. There ARE on topic valid points being made here.
Thank you.
Fury

Only, I am not trolling.

As far as I can tell, until now, I am the only one to have completely watched the video you use as the crux of your argument and I also quoted a number of things from that video, word for word. Or, do you wish to claim that those things are not in the video? They are, you know, exactly as I quoted them.

This means that the points I have attacked (not the people, but rather, the points) are as on-topic as can be, because it is material that YOU presented.

Secondly, you have still not explained what your thread title is supposed to have to do with your video excerpt, which you undoubtedly use as the crux for your argument.

Please explain this.
To reduce this debate to thread title IS trolling. Once again I ask nicely, ON topic. Do NOT troll.

No, it is not trolling. I asked you a question, which you have still not answered.

What does this OP title:

have to do with the video you use as the crux for your argument?

The question is a simple question. It has nothing to do with you or me as people. It has to do with content.
IF you had read the thread you would see that same as usual politics is dying. The video then pointed out how Trump is using THAT to his advantage. The title infers/projects what the downfall on Clinton will be about.

IF you had read the content.

In Post #17 the OP incorrectly accuses Stat of trolling when he hasn't done anything of the sort. All of his posts have been exactly on topic to the point of quoting the OP word for word.

View attachment 46574

In post #18 the OP agrees with post #16 that is a blatant CDZ violation.

View attachment 46573

The content of the OP is a violation of the purpose of the CDZ per this ruling by Intense;

Guidelines for the Clean Debate Forum US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Understand that we are not here to run cover for propaganda or soap box preaching, be it left or right.

The OP is nothing but propaganda that is pro-right and anti-left. The linked video is highly inflammatory making allegations that verge on racism.

Unfortunately it is readily apparent that the OP is abusing the CDZ as nothing more than a "soap box" to shut down legitimate criticism as "trolling" while ignoring all too obvious violations of the written CDZ protocols.

This thread should be moved to the Politics forum where it belongs IMO. Looping in the mods so that they make their call.

theDoctorisIn
Coyote
AngelsNDemons
flacaltenn
Dont Taz Me Bro
AVG-JOE

TYIA

I concur with you.

Not only does the video make allegations that verge on racism, there are also statements that are bigotry pure and one goes definitely in the direction of White Supremacy.

I don't see how any person in the world can view this video as "non-political" or "non-partisan".

And I would have no problem with it being even severely partisan, if it is being used as a tool for civil debate.

Only, there is no real possibility for civil debate when from the get-go, the OP is not forthcoming about the real direction of the video.

And while we are at it, the author of the video is one (Samuel) Jared Taylor, age 63, who is the author and owner of "American Renaissance".

Here is his WIKI:

Jared Taylor - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Quote:

"Samuel Jared Taylor (born September 15, 1951) is an American journalist and an advocate of what he describes as "racial realism".[1] He is the founder and editor of American Renaissance, a webzine that has been described as a white supremacist journal and a "forum for writers disparaging the abilities of minorities".[2] Taylor is the president of the magazine's parent organization, New Century Foundation. He is a spokesperson of the Council of Conservative Citizens,[3] and a former member of the advisory board of The Occidental Quarterly. He is also a former director of the National Policy Institute, a Montana-based white nationalist think tank.[4]"

Also, from here:

Jared Taylor Southern Poverty Law Center

Here are some bona-fide quotes from Jared Taylor:

"Blacks and whites are different. When blacks are left entirely to their own devices, Western civilization — any kind of civilization — disappears."
American Renaissance, 2005

THIS is the man that DarkFury uses as his source material for a thread that is supposed to be serious topic to be debated civilly in the CDZ: a man who is a virulent white supremacist who believes that minorities, by his own words, are inferior.

Even that I could accept as material for a thoughtful discussion, were the OP honest enough to admit what the real aim of the material is.

In light of this, the quotes I highlighted in posting no. 2:

CDZ - The Nuts And Bolts Of The Coming Hillary Defeat US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

are even more perfide.

So, DarkFury, please explain why you think the words of a White Supremacist are going to help Trump and cause a Hillary Clinton defeat, which certainly seems to be the purpose of this thread, created in the CDZ, and is, according to your words, based on a "non-political" video.

Are you saying that you are asking for a mod to close this thread?

Because as far as I can tell, it's still open.

What a shame that you were not honest about the real intentions of your source video.
The content was his words ON the subject NOT what he said last year NOT what he wrote somewhere else. THAT is OFF TOPIC.

Are you saying that you are asking for a mod to close this thread?

Because as far as I can tell, it's still open.

What a shame that you were not honest about the real intentions of your source video.
The content was his words ON the subject NOT what he said last year NOT what he wrote somewhere else. THAT is OFF TOPIC.

Earlier Stat quoted his words directly from the OP video and you accused him of "trolling".

That means that you are not interested in having a "civil debate" at all.

Instead all you want is a place to post your partisan bigotry without having to deal with legitimate criticism.

The fact that Stat is now researching your OP and exposing the true nature of it is definitely ON TOPIC too.

That is your OP source and therefore it is open to legitimate criticism because that is how the CDZ works.

Your job is to defend your own words, sources and positions in a civil manner.

Instead you have abused the CDZ rules with personal attacks wrongfully accusing Stat of "trolling" while agreeing with vulgar language that has no place in the CDZ.

I am still looking for an answer to the question:

What does this title:

have to do with the video in the OP, a video that is used as the crux of the OP's argument?

I have asked this simple question three times.

I see nothing in the OP that is even remotely in the spirit of the CDZ at all, and yet, I would be willing to even debate this material, provided that the OP would be honest about the Video source and please provide linkage between that video and a title this is certainly a borderline flame-bait title.

I see nothing in the OP that is even remotely in the spirit of the CDZ at all, and yet, I would be willing to even debate this material, provided that the OP would be honest about the Video source and please provide linkage between that video and a title this is certainly a borderline flame-bait title.

In order for the OP to make the case that his source link is germane to the specious claim of "Hillary's defeat" he would have to prove that "politics as usual" are no longer functioning. That is a patently absurd claim because the evidence that "politics as usual" are still functioning is abundant.

If instead the OP was attempting to prove that Trump is going to bring about her "defeat" he would need to demonstrate that with actual polling data.

Since the OP hasn't done either of the above there is no attempt at a "civil debate" on this topic IMO. All that the OP appears to want (as demonstrated by his response to post #16) are people who agree with his disingenuous OP premise.

In order for the OP to make the case that his source link is germane to the specious claim of "Hillary's defeat" he would have to prove that "politics as usual" are no longer functioning. That is a patently absurd claim because the evidence that "politics as usual" are still functioning is abundant.

If instead the OP was attempting to prove that Trump is going to bring about her "defeat" he would need to demonstrate that with actual polling data.

Since the OP hasn't done either of the above there is no attempt at a "civil debate" on this topic IMO. All that the OP appears to want (as demonstrated by his response to post #16) are people who agree with his disingenuous OP premise.

And, out of fairness, the question should be asked if a personality like Donald Trump, even wants the support of a known white supremacist.

I will put forth the argument that linking to a screed from a known White Supremacist is probably not the way to convince people that one's preferred candidate is going to win a national election...

I think Trump may be a white nationalist and may even post on stormfront! He makes some good points on the immigration issue. ;) Our jobs should go to Americans.
You know I went to that site and lurked it, mostly because everybody here talks about it. There nothing really there but hate.
I would think you'd feel right at home there.

But now on topic. Americans are tired of being lied to they really are and the number of angry Americans has been growing for years. Trump has touched that base and given it life and by putting the issues forward has validated the thoughts of many Americans.
In normal times, Immigration polls at about 3%. Education and jobs are what Americans care about. What he has done was tap into xeneophobia and hatred more than anything else.

In all cases, he has yet to come up with a plan that would pass Congress much less work.

I think the real question here is do you see leadership? Do you see it in her or him?
I see leadership in her much more than Mr. Trump. There is a difference between being a leader and being a bully. Calling people "loser" and handing out your opponent's cell phone number isn't leadership; they are what are called stunts. At some point, Americans want to know the strategy. Leadership without strategy is what leads to disaster.

And what kind of leadership?
A former Secretary of State who is respected worldwide is much more of a leader than one who is insulting to our neighbors.

Or do you see the civilian style general the quarter back? America USED to lead the world in just about everything. If we expect and truly want to go forward and retake our heritage and promote our future as a nation as a world leader do we wring our hands and do the same old same old? Or do we get fired up again and not only try but do what said impossible.
That's why leadership is important.
And the strategy for that is what?
But she lies CC she lies.

According to you. Your word is garbage. This is the one thing that left and right wing posters here agree upon.

And look at who respects her. Third world nations who will respect ANYBODY that hands them a check. That's who respects her.

And look at who does NOT respect her. Russia and China and they compete with us. That IS where you NEED respect from countries that compete with you NOT the world welfare abusers.
I would ask you to back that up with credible evidence and objective facts. I do not recall--it may have happened; I just do not remember it--any nation not willing to meet her when she was SoS. Including China and Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back