The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

... But if there are, I am convinced that you are entirely ignorant of what they are. ...

Because you find it uncomfortable to have your nose rubbed in the hard truth that your attitude is immoral and entirely un-American?

" So you dummies think Truman’s cold blooded mass murdering of innocent defenseless civilians.."

V
icious slander for the purpose of propaganda, obviously.
What part do you disagree with?
The part I quoted. Which would be why I quoted it.
You disagree that truman was cold blooded?
Truman did not mass murder anyone, he waged a bombing campaign against an implacable foe, one that refused to surrender when it was clearly defeated and worked only to cause as much lose for us as possible to get us to let them off the hook for their murder of POW's and civilians in occupied countries. The Civilians of Japan OPENLY supported and followed the decries of the Japanese Government committing mass suicide in Saipan and Okinawa as ordered to. And were then ordered to arm themselves with bamboo spears and attack the allies if they invaded. In August 1945 there was NO reason the US and allied command would not believe that the civilians of Japan would do as ordered.

... The people of a Nation are responsible for the actions of that Nation be they civilian, government or military. That's not my opinion; it's just reality. ....

It is precisely and ONLY your opinion.

Why weren't didn't Nuremberg Trials include every citizen of Germany after the nazis were defeated? Why didn't we execute every last German after defeating their military and overthrowing their government? Do you wish we had? Do you think that would have been a moral act? Do you think the execution of every last German; man, woman and child, would have represented American values?

... The people of a Nation are responsible for the actions of that Nation be they civilian, government or military. That's not my opinion; it's just reality. ....

Why weren't didn't Nuremberg Trials include every citizen of Germany after the nazis were defeated? Why didn't we execute every last German after defeating their military and overthrowing their government? Do you wish we had? Do you think that would have been a moral act? Do you think the execution of every last German; man, woman and child, would have represented American values?
Be specific and cite for us where we EVER ordered the execution of any civilians? Bombing cities that were Army Headquarters ports and production centers is in fact a legit tactic, we still do it today.

" So you dummies think Truman’s cold blooded mass murdering of innocent defenseless civilians.."

V
icious slander for the purpose of propaganda, obviously.
What part do you disagree with?
The part I quoted. Which would be why I quoted it.
You disagree that truman was cold blooded?
Truman did not mass murder anyone, he waged a bombing campaign against an implacable foe, one that refused to surrender when it was clearly defeated and worked only to cause as much lose for us as possible to get us to let them off the hook for their murder of POW's and civilians in occupied countries. The Civilians of Japan OPENLY supported and followed the decries of the Japanese Government committing mass suicide in Saipan and Okinawa as ordered to. And were then ordered to arm themselves with bamboo spears and attack the allies if they invaded. In August 1945 there was NO reason the US and allied command would not believe that the civilians of Japan would do as ordered.
Lol. God you get dumber with every post.

Dirty Harry is a serial killer. A mass murderer. Very much like Hitler and Stalin. We can only hope he is burning in Hell for eternity.

The Nuremberg Trials were held after the war by the winners and according to their standards which is exactly what I have been telling you. The winners decide what was-or was not- war crimes and what should be done about them. After the war civilians and POWs were no longer enemy who were trying to kill us. Had Japan or Germany or Italy won do you honestly think they would have defined "war crime" the same way we did? If not how can you claim that there is any one worldwide standard to define "war crime"? We did not consider Japanese or German military war criminals for bombing our civilians or military and it is idiotic to consider our own people for bombing theirs in an effort to prevent that. That is exactly what they are elected to do "...protect and defend...". The people in a nation we are at war with are the enemy and I am perfectly willing to see any number of "innocent civilian" deaths if they are necessary to prevent the death of American soldiers. And I take take a very dim view of those who place the lives of the enemy ahead of the lives of our own. I have very little patience with those that demand to be protected then sit back and nit pick over how it is done.

The Nuremberg Trials were held after the war .....

And according to you, every single German was responsible for every single thing the nazis did, so - according to you - they deserved to die. After all, every civilian is responsible for everything the government and military does, there is no morality, and America has no values.

I couldn't disagree more, but if that's what you think is right - good luck with that, oni.

The Nuremberg Trials were held after the war .....

And according to you, every single German was responsible for every single thing the nazis did, so - according to you - they deserved to die. After all, every civilian is responsible for everything the government and military does, there is no morality, and America has no values.

I couldn't disagree more, but if that's what you think is right - good luck with that, oni.
I said no such thing. Germany declared war on us. While we were at war with Germany the German Nation was our enemy. ALL the German Nation. During wartime nations do all sorts of nasty things to each other in order to survive. But killing the enemy during wartime is not only not murder it may well be the duty of a good citizen. That has nothing to do with anyone's opinions on morality or ethics. Kill or be killed is the simple reality of war that can only be ignored with disregard for the life of yourself and loved ones.

... While we were at war with Germany the German Nation was our enemy. ALL the German Nation....

Then if we deliberately and completely destroyed every person and every thing in Germany during the war, you would consider that morally virtuous?

... While we were at war with Germany the German Nation was our enemy. ALL the German Nation....

Then if we deliberately and completely destroyed every person and every thing in Germany during the war, you would consider that morally virtuous?

We had about 400,000 German POW's in the US. That doesn't count the ones that were taken by other allied nations.
We had about 27,000 Japanese POW's.

If Germany was going to fight to the last man, woman, and child like Japan was going to do...it would have been completely within our rights to kill every last man, woman and child.

... but if innocent civilians must die.....

You say that as if you would prefer innocent civilians not die.
As I said before in war innocent civilians (if there is such a thing) will die and always have. Doesn't matter what you or I want.
Straw man alert! Trying to excuse and minimize Truman’s war crime with the bs, “in war innocent civilians will die” is ignorance. Purposely massacring innocent civilians, as was done by the Nazis, Imperial Japan, Great Britan, and the good old USA is a war crime. Truman, FDR, and Churchill should have been hung.
No, it is historical fact. If you think otherwise try to find and an honest description of any actual war anywhere any time in which innocent civilians did not die. You just prefer to dwell in fantasy land instead of reality.
Another example of your fantasy land thinking is your insistence that "war crimes" are an actual thing rather than what the winners like to call revenge. Please try to find just one "war crime" that is recognized and enforced worldwide.Try. Please.
I wonder if he’s ever heard of the “intaking” that commonly occurred when besieging forces eventually forced the walls of cities? They were nothing but orgies of rapes, murder and arson committed against the civilian residents of the cities. Or the Rape of Nanking by the Japanese who slaughtered the citizens of a city that wasn’t even defended, or the way the Japanese troops behaved in Manila while defending it from the American liberators in WWII

......it would have been completely within our rights to kill every last man, woman and child.

Do you think we ever would have? Do you think it would represent American values if we did?

No, I don't think we would have.

Then again, I don't think the Germans would have.

The Japs? It was a matter of honor to not be taken alive it seems. So we obliged.

... but if innocent civilians must die.....

You say that as if you would prefer innocent civilians not die.
As I said before in war innocent civilians (if there is such a thing) will die and always have. Doesn't matter what you or I want.
Straw man alert! Trying to excuse and minimize Truman’s war crime with the bs, “in war innocent civilians will die” is ignorance. Purposely massacring innocent civilians, as was done by the Nazis, Imperial Japan, Great Britan, and the good old USA is a war crime. Truman, FDR, and Churchill should have been hung.
No, it is historical fact. If you think otherwise try to find and an honest description of any actual war anywhere any time in which innocent civilians did not die. You just prefer to dwell in fantasy land instead of reality.
Another example of your fantasy land thinking is your insistence that "war crimes" are an actual thing rather than what the winners like to call revenge. Please try to find just one "war crime" that is recognized and enforced worldwide.Try. Please.
I wonder if he’s ever heard of the “intaking” that commonly occurred when besieging forces eventually forced the walls of cities? They were nothing but orgies of rapes, murder and arson committed against the civilian residents of the cities. Or the Rape of Nanking by the Japanese who slaughtered the citizens of a city that wasn’t even defended, or the way the Japanese troops behaved in Manila while defending it from the American liberators in WWII
Is this another weak attempt at justifying Truman’s war crimes?

It’s as if you guys never graduated past fourth grade logic. Since my enemy does it, I will too.

Forum List

Back