The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

Discussion in 'History' started by mikegriffith1, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Skylar

Skylar Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,402
    Read carefully.....you have yet to dispute a single point I've made, nor have you found a single inaccuracy.

'uh-uh' isn't an argument. Its an excuse for one.

Find me when you manage to actually disagree with any specific point I've made. Until then, keep running

2. Skylar

Skylar Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,402

Not by much? Again, I direct you to the phrase 'order of magnitude'. That's when you multiply the number by 10.

And the numbers those killed in the death camps were more than an order of magnitude MORE than those that died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined.

Worse for your argument, Hiroshima and Nagasaki ENDED a war. With the Hirohito announcing the surrender of Japan about a week after the final bombing. Within weeks, we were providing food and supplies to the Japanese people.

The death camps ended no war at all. Large scale, systematic murder at these camps began in 1941. And continued, unabaded for 4 more years.

Little more than a WEEK compared to 4 more YEARS. Yet you say the differences are 'not much'?

Or old friend 'order of magnitude' says otherwise.

3. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,743

You are confused.

4. gipper

gipper Libertarian/Anarchist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,237
    Go away. Why post in a thread that you refuse to read?

5. mikegriffith1

mikegriffith1 Mike Griffith

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,133
    That's third-grade logic. Just about every legal system on the planet recognizes the principle that provocation can constitute starting the fight, even if the provocator does not throw the first punch.

I notice you guys keep avoiding the question about what you think any other self-respecting nation would do if three major nations ganged up on it and did to it what we, the Dutch, and British were doing to Japan.

That's certainly true.

So you're just gonna keep repeating this militaristic myth and ignore the fact that Japan was prostrate and starving, that Japan was trying to surrender, that Japan was virtually defenseless against air and naval attack, that Truman knew all of these things, and that the nukes did not even cause Japan to surrender anyway?

You know, if it was such a righteous deed, why did Truman lie about the first nuke? Huh? Why did he pretend that Hiroshima was "a military base" and that it was nuked to minimize civilian casualties? Why did the Truman administration and MacArthur's occupation government lie about radiation effects and dismiss all the reports of severe injury and death from radiation? Why did the War Department suppress most photos and films of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki victims? Hey? Is that the conduct of people who believe they've done something good?

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. gipper

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,237
    It is amazing how they purposely ignore the facts. It is equally amazing how uncaring and warlike they are.

Just goes to prove government controlled education and media can fool some of the people all the time.

7. P@triot

P@triot Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,635
    I don't know. But when you figure it out, let me know. Work on immature idealists too while you're at it. Would love to rid the world of BOTH groups.

8. P@triot

P@triot Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,635
    You seriously need to consult an attorney. I've never seen someone so ignorant of the law. Throwing the first punch will get you charged with assault in 100% of cases save for one thing: you do have a "personal space" you can defend so that you don't have to wait to be assaulted (and possibly incapacitated) before defending yourself.

But short of invading that personal space aggressively - there is nothing I can do to "provoke" a punch for you legally. You will get charged with assault every time, you imbecile.

9. gipper

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,237
    Yes it’s immature and idealistic to condemn the wanton slaughter of defenseless civilians. LOL!

You and your brethren condemn the slaughter of innocent civilians by Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany. Yet you commend the wanton slaughter of innocent civilians by the USA.

Think. Please think.

10. P@triot

P@triot Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,635
    You, Saddam Hussein, and Barack Obama must be great friends. All of you paint the United States as "evil" and the evil nations as the "innocent, defenseless angels".

The difference though is that they actually believe it, while your bored ass is just trolling.