The NRA Placed Big Bets on the 2016 Election, and Won Almost All of Them

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Just how stupid was Hillary?

Off the scale say some. Like her perverted husband, Slick Willie she went after the NRA. And of course, NRA wins, Hillary's political career toast.

Raise you glass and wish her farewell

-Geaux
---

Election results mark a continuation of the group's impressive success rate when making large investments on candidates.

BY MIKE SPIES FOR THE TRACE AND ASHLEY BALCERZAK OF OPENSECRETS.ORG

·November 9, 2016

The National Rifle Association took a historic gamble in 2016, and it paid off in a huge way.

The gun rights group placed multimillion-dollar bets on Donald Trump and six Republican Senate candidates locked in highly competitive races. It poured $50.2 million, or 96 percent of its total outside spending, into these races, and lost only one — an open seat in Nevada, vacated by the Democratic Minority Leader, Harry Reid. That race cost the NRA roughly $2.5 million.

The NRA’s big night came as a tidal wave of white voters without college degrees voted overwhelmingly for Trump, leading to one of the biggest election-night upsets in memory. The reasons why this demographic turned out in such high numbers for the GOP nominee will be parsed for years, and it is not at all clear how much of a factor his embrace of the NRA’s hardline position on gun rights played into the outcome.

But the NRA’s investment, which was more than any other outside group, paid for a slew of ads that directly targeted the same voters who propelled Trump to victory. The organization’s radio and television spots sought to cast Hillary Clinton and the Democratic rivals of its preferred Senate candidates as an existential threat to the Second Amendment, and national security. It is a message that resonates in the gun belt, a swath of primarily Southern and Midwestern states where Trump achieved some of his most consequential victories.

In October alone, according to the Center for Public Integrity, roughly one out of every 20 television ads in Pennsylvania was sponsored by the NRA. That same month, the group paid for one in nine ads in North Carolina, and one of every eight in Ohio. The ads imply that Clinton and Democrats would leave law-and-order abiding citizens defenseless. In one spot, a woman is alone in bed when a burglar breaks into her home. The narrator intones, “Don’t let Hillary leave you protected with nothing but a phone.”

Trump won all three states, and the NRA’s preferred Senate candidates also swept to victory.

The NRA’s largest 2016 outlay was the $30.3 million it spent in support of Trump.

I remember seeing SEVERAL NRA ads here in North Carolina. I wonder how many people it helped swing to Trump especially women.

I would think the ads would hit home for women. Remember how Obama treated the rape victim at a town hall, who dared to question Obama's anti-2A agenda?

-Geaux

Yeah they put out a lot of ads telling the TRUTH to rebut lies by the liberal lying shit press. Wonder how much soros, clinton foundation in secret and the US public with all of the stolen green energy initiative money in the DNC slush fund spent.

Just how stupid was Hillary?

Off the scale say some. Like her perverted husband, Slick Willie she went after the NRA. And of course, NRA wins, Hillary's political career toast.

Raise you glass and wish her farewell

-Geaux
---

Election results mark a continuation of the group's impressive success rate when making large investments on candidates.

BY MIKE SPIES FOR THE TRACE AND ASHLEY BALCERZAK OF OPENSECRETS.ORG

·November 9, 2016

The National Rifle Association took a historic gamble in 2016, and it paid off in a huge way.

The gun rights group placed multimillion-dollar bets on Donald Trump and six Republican Senate candidates locked in highly competitive races. It poured $50.2 million, or 96 percent of its total outside spending, into these races, and lost only one — an open seat in Nevada, vacated by the Democratic Minority Leader, Harry Reid. That race cost the NRA roughly $2.5 million.

The NRA’s big night came as a tidal wave of white voters without college degrees voted overwhelmingly for Trump, leading to one of the biggest election-night upsets in memory. The reasons why this demographic turned out in such high numbers for the GOP nominee will be parsed for years, and it is not at all clear how much of a factor his embrace of the NRA’s hardline position on gun rights played into the outcome.

But the NRA’s investment, which was more than any other outside group, paid for a slew of ads that directly targeted the same voters who propelled Trump to victory. The organization’s radio and television spots sought to cast Hillary Clinton and the Democratic rivals of its preferred Senate candidates as an existential threat to the Second Amendment, and national security. It is a message that resonates in the gun belt, a swath of primarily Southern and Midwestern states where Trump achieved some of his most consequential victories.

In October alone, according to the Center for Public Integrity, roughly one out of every 20 television ads in Pennsylvania was sponsored by the NRA. That same month, the group paid for one in nine ads in North Carolina, and one of every eight in Ohio. The ads imply that Clinton and Democrats would leave law-and-order abiding citizens defenseless. In one spot, a woman is alone in bed when a burglar breaks into her home. The narrator intones, “Don’t let Hillary leave you protected with nothing but a phone.”

Trump won all three states, and the NRA’s preferred Senate candidates also swept to victory.

The NRA’s largest 2016 outlay was the $30.3 million it spent in support of Trump.

This is the reason that the NRA is the only charitable organization I give money to. They are affective and I don't feel like I have wasted my money.

Winner

upload_2016-12-23_15-41-2.png

Glad to see the NRA is using our donations wisely.

Now if they would only pass that universal reciprocity bill then I would actually get something tangible out of all this.

Glad to see the NRA is using our donations wisely.

Now if they would only pass that universal reciprocity bill then I would actually get something tangible out of all this.

I don't know if I would want that. Some states have no training or testing requirements to carry. I don't think I want people coming here who never shot a gun in their life having to use one.

I remember seeing SEVERAL NRA ads here in North Carolina. I wonder how many people it helped swing to Trump especially women.

I would think the ads would hit home for women. Remember how Obama treated the rape victim at a town hall, who dared to question Obama's anti-2A agenda?

-Geaux

I never researched any other state, but over here we started our CCW program just a few years ago, and already, women are outnumbering men in CCW applications and classes.

Years ago (before our CCW law) we used to go to the gun range, walk right in, and pick which stall we wanted. The last couple of years, you're lucky to get into the range within an hour yet alone have a choice of stalls. Women used to come with their male companions and watch behind the glass as their mates had a lot of fun. Today, those women are on the range enjoying the excitement with their husbands and boyfriends.

The Democrat party better look around at statistics before maintaining their stance on firearms. It's really less about the firearms than it is the legal ability to protect yourself from the criminal element.

The NRA is as American as apple pie and muscle cars..:dance:

-Geaux

or the libs training suggestion that the victim shit or piss themselves

to drive away the attacker

-Geaux

or the libs training suggestion that the victim shit or piss themselves

to drive away the attacker

Yep, when seconds count- the police are minutes away

-Geaux

Big bold Hitlery going to take on the NRA? LMAO....

When will they ever learn?

-Geaux

Forum List

Back