The [not so] Good Wife?

I like it. Alicia is getting mean. And even a little corrupt, using that bit of influence from her husband the governor.

And which side is Kalinda really on?

The part that made me laugh, Will and Alicia cursing at each other, then the polite "By the way, your daughter called, you need to call the school so she can go on a field trip".

Ironically Peter FLorrick bores me LOL

This is where we part ways. Love Peter.

He doesn't really do much in the show besides look good.

What is your favorite plot he was in?

I loved him in the prison scenes and after he was out, with the minister. He is a main character. He's tough. I liked him in the story line with the pretty girl they fired, more to come with that. Last night they were in a meeting about it at Lockhardt Gardner.

Loved him last night getting that ChumHum account for Alicia and then again, rethinking Diane as justice. He was not in the forefront in Sex and the City either but he sure gets attention.

I fear this once-entertaining program has fallen into screenwriter's hell. They have run out of interesting ideas, so fill the show with improbable, preposterous nonsense.

On the most recent episode...

The partners hold an official meeting in an unfinished section of the building that feels like a parking garage.

They vote to oust the senior, "name" partner for truthfully answering a journalists questions; She demands the World to go quietly. This firm, which a few weeks ago was teetering on the brink of bankruptcy and dissolution, apparently offers her 80% of a king's ransom to go quietly, but can't bring it up to 100%.

The chief investigator is asked to dig up dirt on the senior name partner, within 24 hours, and she attempts to comply.

The Good Wife's daughter is visited by her "pastor," who appears to be a teenager out for a jog, and the Good Wife verbally assaults him at the door to the apartment, without actually asking him what (the fuck) he is there for.

The "fourth year associates" plan to move into a palatial set of new offices, to set up their own new firm. Where the money is coming from is not mentioned.

Gimme a fucking break.

I can't believe she sold Will out, and what's going on with Alecia anyway.

but like all night soap operas I just want to know whose gonna sleep with who next.

Wouldn't it be fun to see Cary n Alecia or Alecia's mom with David lee :tongue:

Cary is such a cutie. Him and Alicia won't work but I see him with somebody good.

I've had a crush on him since Gilmore Girls. That boy can't smile without me smiling back. :)

This is where we part ways. Love Peter.

He doesn't really do much in the show besides look good.

What is your favorite plot he was in?

I loved him in the prison scenes and after he was out, with the minister. He is a main character. He's tough. I liked him in the story line with the pretty girl they fired, more to come with that. Last night they were in a meeting about it at Lockhardt Gardner.

Loved him last night getting that ChumHum account for Alicia and then again, rethinking Diane as justice. He was not in the forefront in Sex and the City either but he sure gets attention.

Yeah that was pretty cool what he did with the chumhum account and now Diane Lockhart will be getting an education, don't cross Peter's wife !!! :lol:

I like it. Alicia is getting mean. And even a little corrupt, using that bit of influence from her husband the governor.

And which side is Kalinda really on?

The part that made me laugh, Will and Alicia cursing at each other, then the polite "By the way, your daughter called, you need to call the school so she can go on a field trip".

I think Kalinda is on Will's side.

I like how Peter called Will out on sleeping with his wife.

I have never worked in a lawfirm, but wonder about the drama of the Associates going out on their own. This sort of thing happens all the time. It's part of the culture, and everybody knows that they will bring some clients with them.

Not sure it warrants the homicidal rage that is being shown on this program. After all, it's nothing more than junior employees leaving to pursue a better "opportunity," which is a normal part of life. Isn't that what Lockhart & Gardner did when that firm was created?

I have never worked in a lawfirm, but wonder about the drama of the Associates going out on their own. This sort of thing happens all the time. It's part of the culture, and everybody knows that they will bring some clients with them.

Not sure it warrants the homicidal rage that is being shown on this program. After all, it's nothing more than junior employees leaving to pursue a better "opportunity," which is a normal part of life. Isn't that what Lockhart & Gardner did when that firm was created?

Alicia is a partner and the wife of the governor. Cary is pretty high up too, he was in line for partner. The account they got because Peter mentioned internet taxes in a press conference was worth $35 million a year. I can see a firm, especially Will left there alone now that Diane was leaving too, being pretty upset about that.

When Will said something about being audited, I could see all the potential in the storylines. Will getting in trouble, Peter getting in trouble, Alicia right in the middle of all of it.. Love it.

The possibilities now are endless.

If I were a "senior associate" working for a firm under these circumstances (and I have worked as client with many of them over the years), my response to the complaining partner would be, "I've generated revenues every year of hundreds of thousands more than my compensation - I've repaid this firm royally for everything I was taught here."

Typical numbers where I live are, they make $100-125 thousand and are billed out at $300/hr. Assuming 1,800 billable hours per year (good, but not great), that's $540,000 in revenue for a hundred grand in compensation - maybe 150 including benefits and bonus. In short, they can walk out at any moment with no reason to feel the least bit guilty.

Of course, the audience of the Good Wife is pulling for Alicia and Cary to kick ass.

The Good Wife is starting at 10 tonight. Game ran long.

Last edited:
I think the network does this on purpose, so you can't record the program. You'll be forced to watch it in real time.

But with Homeland on at 2100 Sunday, it ain't happening.

Spoiler Alert (if you haven't seen it yet):

Will Gardiner assumes room temperature in this episode.

He had asked to be removed from the show but Margulies prevailed on him to do one more season..

In my opinion, they had written themselves into a corner with him and didn't know what do to. He was facing either disbarment or criminal charges for conspiracy. Now was a propitious time to have him removed.

His relationship with The Good Wife and the plotting and scheming between the two firms were getting tiresome.

I think the series has worn out its welcome.

Good job. Seriously. Wonderful job. MUCH appreciated.

Dumbass.

Look up - see the yellow hazard sign? Learn to use it.

He had asked to be removed from the show but Margulies prevailed on him to do one more season..

In my opinion, they had written themselves into a corner with him and didn't know what do to. He was facing either disbarment or criminal charges for conspiracy. Now was a propitious time to have him removed.

His relationship with The Good Wife and the plotting and scheming between the two firms were getting tiresome.

It was a surprise to me but this show bounces back. We'll see how the next couple go.

How do I use this?

Like this

Last edited:
I've got this song in my head.

I've got your number.

Got it. Thanks! :)

I liked the sexual tension between him and alicia I'm so mad :mad: but I will keep watching :lol:

I liked the sexual tension between him and alicia I'm so mad :mad: but I will keep watching :lol:

I'm a big Chris Noth fan, I loved him as Mr. Big on Sex and the City. Will and Alicia were a good twist in the show but I didn't particularly like him. Not better than Peter. :D

Forum List

Back