The Newt files

James Madison's Veto Messages by Gene Garman

June 3, 1811

I have recd. fellow Citizens your address, approving my Objection to the Bill contain[in]g a grant of public land, to the Baptist Church at Salem Meeting House Missippi Terry. Having always regarded the practical distinction between Religion & Civil Govt as essential to the purity of both, and as guaranteed by the Constn: of the U.S.

Madison is the Father of our constitution.

The rights stance on separation of church and state is unconstitutional

The right says that the government can't restrict the practice of their religion in public. This is considered unconstitutional by TM. She thinks that the government should be able to restrict the religion of others in public.

Another TM fail. :thup:

Possible Presidential Candidate Newt Gingrich - The Dark Side

Quotes:
"We had oral sex. He prefers that modus operandi because then he can say, 'I never slept with her.'" - Anne Manning (who was also married at the time.)

"We would have won in 1974 if we could have kept him out of the office, screwing her [a young volunteer] on the desk." - Dot Crews, his campaign scheduler at the time

[In the book] "Men Who Hate Women and the Women Who Love Them", "found frightening pieces that related to my own life." - Newt.

"I think you can write a psychological profile of me that says I found a way to immerse my insecurities in a cause large enough to justify whatever I wanted it to" - Newt, speaking to Gail Sheehy.

"She isn't young enough or pretty enough to be the President's wife." - Newt, on his first wife.

"I don't want him to be president and I don't think he should be." - Newt's wife Marianne.

"If the country today were to move to the left, Newt would sense it before it started happening and lead the way." - Dot Crews, his campaign scheduler throughout the 1970s.

Typical lib. People like you are well versed on what Lindsey Lohan is doing while you know nothing of the real world.
All of this pap is shit democrat operatives dig up because in every instance they are losers on the issues.
Your side nailed Herman Cain when he became a front runner because your side fears a strong conservative black candidate. In your side's desperation seeing Cain as a major contender for the GOP nomination, had nothing to hang your hat on.
White conservatives would vote for a guy like Cain and that just killed your notion that conservatives dislike Obama because he is black.
Now that Gingrich is a front runner, the democrat operatives have turned to personal attacks on him.

If personal attacks and 10 second soundbites is all you have in support of Obama, you side is in serious trouble.
Be afraid. Very afraid.

candidates get vetted even if you dont want them to be vetted

TM thinks people are objecting to candidates being vetted.

TM is a very, very confused individual. The country learned what happens when candidates aren't properly vetted in '08. The country will not make that mistake again :thup:

hell you dont even know the constitution why should we listen to you?

TM thinks that the phrase "Separation of church and state" is in the constitution.

But she says others aren't familiar with the constitution :thup:

The separation of church and state is in the constitution according the the man who wrote it.

I think I will trust James Madisons interpitation over some internets posters who never seem to accept facts.

The separation of church and state is in the constitution according the the man who wrote it.

I think I will trust James Madisons interpitation over some internets posters who never seem to accept facts.

Well, then he should have wrote it down...

Frankly, the establishment clause has been massively abused by the left. What it was meant was to not create a State Religion, like England had.

It was not meant as an excuse for the government to usurp the functions of churches in communities.

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

He did write it down.

Why do you hate the man who wrote the constitution?

Having always regarded the practical distinction between Religion & Civil Govt as essential to the purity of both, and as guaranteed by the Constn: of the U.S.

James Madison himself on what the first amendment intended

Nope, phrase isn't in there.

TM continues to think she is a constitutional scholar of things that don't exist in the constitution.

:rolleyes:

Are you trying to suggest the man who wrote it did not know what he was talking about?

Forum List

Back