The Newt files

I'm suggesting you have no idea what he was writing about. Nor do you have the ability to understand, even if written in words of one syllable.

:thup:

The speration of church and state is guarenteed in the constitution by the interpitation of the man who wrote it.

Playing stupid word games is ALL you have left now huh creatian.

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

He did write it down.

Why do you hate the man who wrote the constitution?

I'm not seeing the words "Separation of Church and State" in there anywhere....

As for the Men who wrote the constitution, they were a bunch of slaveholders who didn't want to pay their taxes. This country was founded by tax cheats... Probably why we can't have adult conversations on how to pay for things.

Playing stupid word games is ALL you have left now huh creatian.

Please define what the fuck a creatian is as well.

It's not called word games, it's called basic fucking intelligence. Of which you seem to be lacking :thup:

We are to believe that someone who can't spell the word "fear" is somehow a scholar on what the founding fathers believed? :cuckoo:

You're a joke.

Wait. I need to spell that so you'll get it.

Yer a joak.

I should also point out that when the establishment clause was written, the intent was not to protect poor defenseless little government from big, bad religion.

It was the other way around, dummy.

The purpose was to make sure we didn't have what they had been doing in England since Henry VIII got the seven year itch... changing religions every time we got a new head of state.

So that you wouldn't join a new whacky religion started by the last King and then the New King declares you a bunch of heretics....

This is quite different from what we are doing today, blocking key reforms like school choice because, "It violates the Separation of CHurch and State" which isn't even there...

That is NOT what James Madison said and he wrote the constitution

James Madison's Veto Messages by Gene Garman

June 3, 1811

I have recd. fellow Citizens your address, approving my Objection to the Bill contain[in]g a grant of public land, to the Baptist Church at Salem Meeting House Missippi Terry. Having always regarded the practical distinction between Religion & Civil Govt as essential to the purity of both, and as guaranteed by the Constn: of the U.S.

Madison is the Father of our constitution.

essential to the purity of both

Dummy.

No one is disputing that Madison said it. We're pointing out that your interpretation of it is complete bullshit.

Thanks for playing :thup:

now you can pretend all day long that this in about words and NOT ideas but it shows how dishonest the right is.

The constiutution is about ideas.

Very bold and intelligent ideas which I guess are beyond your abilities to comprehend

now you can pretend all day long that this in about words and NOT ideas but it shows how dishonest the right is.

The constiutution is about ideas.

Very bold and intelligent ideas which I guess are beyond your abilities to comprehend

why don't you bite our ass?

IN CASE YOU STILL DO NOT CLEARLY UNDERSTAND THE ESSENTIAL MEANING OF THE CONSTITUTIONAL PRINCIPLE REGARDING THE CONSTITUTIONAL AND PRACTICAL DISTINCTION BETWEEN RELIGION AND CIVIL GOVERNMENT, READ JAMES MADISON'S REPLY TO THE BAPTISTS:

June 3, 1811

I have recd. fellow Citizens your address, approving my Objection to the Bill contain[in]g a grant of public land, to the Baptist Church at Salem Meeting House Missippi Terry. Having always regarded the practical distinction between Religion & Civil Govt as essential to the purity of both, and as guaranteed by the Constn: of the U.S. I could not have otherwise discharged my duty on the occasion which presented itself. Among the various religious Societies in our Country, none have been more vigilant or constant in maintain[in]g that distinction, than the Society of which you make a part, and it is an honourable proof of your sincerity & integrity, that you are as ready to do so, in a case favoring the interest of your brethren, as in other cases. It is but just, at the same time, to the Baptist Church at Salem Meeting House, to remark that their application to the Natl. Legislature does not appear to have contemplated a grant of the Land in question, but on terms that might be equitable to the public as well as to themselves. Accept my friendly respects

------------------------------

President Madison's letter as quoted above is located in The Papers of James Madison: Presidential Series, 3:323-324. To Mr. Madison, I say, thank you; and in appreciation of the historical Baptist position, I say, Amen!

http://www.sunnetworks.net/~ggarman/madison.html

Are you no longer the Moral party or not?
No....If you're referring to Clinton, here's the difference. He lied to the American people and perjured himself to Congress.
The thing is, you cannot defeat Gingrich on the issues. So you must resort to personal attacks.
It's all your side has.
We kick your collective ass on issues. The American people are sick to death of the progressive agenda perpetrated upon the American people by Barack Hussein Obama.

TM conveniently ignores my previous post and makes another strawman argument.

most of us came to the conclusion a long time ago that you're a stupid fool for trying to engage that moron in a conversation. give it up.. it's just hopeless. she's a fucking moron.

TM thinks by simply saying "I win" that it makes it so.

TM is a very, very, very confused individual with the mental acumen of an 8 year old.

Forum List

Back