The new Roseanne show has her a Trump Supporter, Tim Allen's show did this first, and got canceled..

The media are hyperventilating that the new Roseanne show has her as an open Trump supporter......they fail to realize that on the show, Last Man Standing, Tim Allen was a vocal Trump supporter, and his show was canceled...

Can Roseanne Save America? | Roger L. Simon
Actually this format started with "All In The Family". Rosanne Barr is playing Archie Bunker.

Similar but not the same.

Archie Bunker's character was actually a biting satire on the right wing- he himself was very liberal.

Roseanne is actually fairly conservative.

The similarity between the two shows is that at the basis of all of the insults hurled at each other is the deep love everyone has for their family- the scene with Roseanne and her grandson Mark was really the counterpoint that makes the show work.

I made certain to use the iPad just to annoy you, dear. The fact you donā€™t like it, bothers me not.
Refutation? There was no need. Those responding showed they wished to discuss it. You just, through you inherent need of attention to only what you so find desirous, couldnā€™t help yourself from replying.
Then why take the time to reply, dear Pogo. That response from you over and over in threads you claim such, just shows how egocentric you are.
TV Ratings: ā€˜Roseanneā€™ Scores Huge Numbers in ABC Return

The revival of ā€œRoseanneā€ made a massive impact in its return on Tuesday night in the Nielsen overnight ratings.

ABC aired back-to-back episodes of the show from 8-9 p.m., with the show generating a staggering 5.1 rating in adults 18-49 and 18.2 million viewers for the hour. For comparison, NBCā€™s revival of ā€œWill & Graceā€ at the beginning of this season drew a 3.0 and 10.2 million viewers in its premiere, while the launch of ā€œBig Bang Theoryā€ prequel ā€œYoung Sheldonā€ drew a 3.8 and 17.2 million. The Conner familyā€™s return after 20 years no doubt drew plenty of nostalgia viewers, while others were surely motivated to watch to see how series creator Roseanne Barrā€™s support of President Trump would play out onscreen.

The only scripted show this season to outperform ā€œRoseanneā€ was the post-Super Bowl episode of ā€œThis Is Us,ā€ which drew a 9.3 and 26.97 million viewers.

The ā€œRoseanneā€ glow carried over to ABCā€™s entire Tuesday lineup. ā€œBlack-ishā€ more than doubled its performance from last week with a 2.6 and 8.7 million viewers at 9, while the series debut of ā€œSplitting Up Togetherā€ opened strong with a 2.2 and 7.2 million viewers. Freshman Shondaland legal drama ā€œFor the Peopleā€ had its best performance to date with a 0.9 and 3.6 million viewers at 10.

On NBC, ā€œThe Voiceā€ (1.6, 8.9 million) was down significantly in both measures from last week, as were ā€œRiseā€ (0.8, 4.5 million) and ā€œChicago Medā€ (1.0, 5.8 million).

For CBS, ā€œNCISā€ (1.3, 11.8 million) was down in both measures while ā€œBullā€ (1.2, 10.7 million) and ā€œNCIS: New Orleansā€ (0.9, 8.6 million) held steady.

New episodes of ā€œLA to Vegasā€ (0.6, 2 million) and ā€œThe Mickā€ (0.6, 1.8 million) were down on Fox.

On The CW, ā€œBlack Lightningā€ (0.5, 1.5 million) was even...

Meanwhile, commie faggot sellouts like Jimmy Kimmel are struggling to remain relevant.

What wondrous information for those engaged in the business of buying or selling commercials.

For the rest of us ---- who gives a flying fuckola.

It does huh. And meanwhile you're the only klown who deliberately fucks up the quote function to make everybody else work harder. Yeah tell me how THAT works.

I corrected a fallacy because I know better. If you don't like the facts --- eat me. If you had a refutation you would have posted it. But no, all you have is this upside-down trolling because you're butthurt about having that fallacy demolished. Tough titty.

1998, NYTā€™s-

The news had been widely expected in light of the show's declining ratings in recent months and the stronger performance of another ABC comedy, the new ''Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place,'' in the same time slot this spring.

But she clashed with ABC executives this season over the content of many of the show's episodes. ABC executives had asked that not every episode be on a gay theme and at one point ordered that a special viewer's advisory about content be included. Ms. DeGeneres protested, saying that shows that depicted heterosexual relationships were not required to include such warnings. She threatened to resign from the show but stayed on and finished the season.

ABC Is Canceling 'Ellen'

Ratings were low and she had a dispute with the executives.
The media are hyperventilating that the new Roseanne show has her as an open Trump supporter......they fail to realize that on the show, Last Man Standing, Tim Allen was a vocal Trump supporter, and his show was canceled...

I thought the show was pretty good last night- not perfect- but pretty good.

The contrast between Roseanne and her sister Jackie was funny- and presented both sides fairly equally.

I thought it was even more interesting how they dealt with the abortion issue- without dealing with the abortion issue.

And the whole issue of the grandson Mark- and the challenges he faces for being different- handled well.

The show has some real potential- the beginning of the show started off where the far right and the far left want America to be- with the two sisters refusing to even talk to each other.

But ended with where the moderates want America to be- with the two sisters talking and working things out even though they politically disagree.

I made certain to use the iPad just to annoy you, dear. The fact you donā€™t like it, bothers me not.
Refutation? There was no need. Those responding showed they wished to discuss it. You just, through you inherent need of attention to only what you so find desirous, couldnā€™t help yourself from replying.
Then why take the time to reply, dear Pogo. That response from you over and over in threads you claim such, just shows how egocentric you are.

The revival of ā€œRoseanneā€ made a massive impact in its return on Tuesday night in the Nielsen overnight ratings.

ABC aired back-to-back episodes of the show from 8-9 p.m., with the show generating a staggering 5.1 rating in adults 18-49 and 18.2 million viewers for the hour. For comparison, NBCā€™s revival of ā€œWill & Graceā€ at the beginning of this season drew a 3.0 and 10.2 million viewers in its premiere, while the launch of ā€œBig Bang Theoryā€ prequel ā€œYoung Sheldonā€ drew a 3.8 and 17.2 million. The Conner familyā€™s return after 20 years no doubt drew plenty of nostalgia viewers, while others were surely motivated to watch to see how series creator Roseanne Barrā€™s support of President Trump would play out onscreen.

The only scripted show this season to outperform ā€œRoseanneā€ was the post-Super Bowl episode of ā€œThis Is Us,ā€ which drew a 9.3 and 26.97 million viewers.

The ā€œRoseanneā€ glow carried over to ABCā€™s entire Tuesday lineup. ā€œBlack-ishā€ more than doubled its performance from last week with a 2.6 and 8.7 million viewers at 9, while the series debut of ā€œSplitting Up Togetherā€ opened strong with a 2.2 and 7.2 million viewers. Freshman Shondaland legal drama ā€œFor the Peopleā€ had its best performance to date with a 0.9 and 3.6 million viewers at 10.

On NBC, ā€œThe Voiceā€ (1.6, 8.9 million) was down significantly in both measures from last week, as were ā€œRiseā€ (0.8, 4.5 million) and ā€œChicago Medā€ (1.0, 5.8 million).

For CBS, ā€œNCISā€ (1.3, 11.8 million) was down in both measures while ā€œBullā€ (1.2, 10.7 million) and ā€œNCIS: New Orleansā€ (0.9, 8.6 million) held steady.

New episodes of ā€œLA to Vegasā€ (0.6, 2 million) and ā€œThe Mickā€ (0.6, 1.8 million) were down on Fox.

Meanwhile, commie faggot sellouts like Jimmy Kimmel are struggling to remain relevant.

What wondrous information for those engaged in the business of buying or selling commercials.

It does huh. And meanwhile you're the only klown who deliberately fucks up the quote function to make everybody else work harder. Yeah tell me how THAT works.

I corrected a fallacy because I know better. If you don't like the facts --- eat me. If you had a refutation you would have posted it. But no, all you have is this upside-down trolling because you're butthurt about having that fallacy demolished. Tough titty.

I don't give a flying fuck what you 'use', upside-down cake. Refute my point or admit you can't do it, rather than this constant whining about the fact that the point exists.

See, once again, claiming not to care, yet you do care due to your self centric need for order of your choosing. I previously, a long time ago explained why, but thatā€™s not in your realm of understanding, because it makes you uncomfortable due to your need of all things, self. Only when people fall in line with your needs are you ever happy.

I don't give a flying fuck what you 'use', upside-down cake. Refute my point or admit you can't do it, rather than this constant whining about the fact that the point exists.

See, once again, claiming not to care, yet you do care due to your self centric need for order of your choosing. I previously, a long time ago explained why, but thatā€™s not in your realm of understanding, because it makes you uncomfortable due to your need of all things, self. Only when people fall in line with your needs are you ever happy.

Nope, not seeing any refutation there. Even turned my computer upside-down so I could read the post. Nothing,

I didnā€™t watch it, but just found it available on demand. Gonna watch it later. Looks like they aired the first 2 episodes last night.

1998, NYTā€™s-

The news had been widely expected in light of the show's declining ratings in recent months and the stronger performance of another ABC comedy, the new ''Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place,'' in the same time slot this spring.

But she clashed with ABC executives this season over the content of many of the show's episodes. ABC executives had asked that not every episode be on a gay theme and at one point ordered that a special viewer's advisory about content be included. Ms. DeGeneres protested, saying that shows that depicted heterosexual relationships were not required to include such warnings. She threatened to resign from the show but stayed on and finished the season.

ABC Is Canceling 'Ellen'

The contrast between Roseanne and her sister Jackie was funny- and presented both sides fairly equally.

I thought it was even more interesting how they dealt with the abortion issue- without dealing with the abortion issue.

And the whole issue of the grandson Mark- and the challenges he faces for being different- handled well.

The show has some real potential- the beginning of the show started off where the far right and the far left want America to be- with the two sisters refusing to even talk to each other.

But ended with where the moderates want America to be- with the two sisters talking and working things out even though they politically disagree.
But back in 1997 JC Penney wanted nothing to do with DeGeneres, who came out as a lesbian in her personal life and on her sitcom. DeGeneres famously came out on the cover of Time while her alter ego Ellen Morgan came out in an episode entitled ā€œThe Puppy Episode.ā€ JC Penney and Chrysler pulled sponsorship of The Ellen Show over pressure from Rev. Donald E. Wildmon and the American Family Association, which threatened to spearhead boycotting the showā€™s advertisers, according to an article in South Carolinaā€™s Herald-Journal.

So, was it the the threat to boycott or low ratings? It appears they were much lower than Last Man Standing.
Personally, I love the Ellen DeGeneres show. I never watched the Ellen show.
1998, NYTā€™s-

ABC Is Canceling 'Ellen'

But back in 1997 JC Penney wanted nothing to do with DeGeneres, who came out as a lesbian in her personal life and on her sitcom. DeGeneres famously came out on the cover of Time while her alter ego Ellen Morgan came out in an episode entitled ā€œThe Puppy Episode.ā€ JC Penney and Chrysler pulled sponsorship of The Ellen Show over pressure from Rev. Donald E. Wildmon and the American Family Association, which threatened to spearhead boycotting the showā€™s advertisers, according to an article in South Carolinaā€™s Herald-Journal.

I don't recall anything in Tim Allen's show that was political.

are you sure that isn't the voices in your head?

And if Roseanne is the modern version of Archie Bunker, it should be funny.

Dumb shit...did you watch "Last Man Standing?" He actively attacked hilary, the democrats and openly supported Trump.....he even owned a gun store in the show....

The comments after this silly piece are hysterical. All these rough-and-tumble Trump supporters endlessly complaining about how they feel victimized over the cancellation of a fucking television show. :lol:
Playing the victim is the Left's job.
We simply comment on what should be obvious.

Oh, please. The right is just as willing as the left when it comes to feeling vicitmized. Those of us without rose-colors glasses can see it.
We usually are reacting to whatever bitching and moaning you guys do.
Ever since the passage of civil rights legislation you folks on the Left have been complaining about everything from racial discrimination, to income inequality, to gender identification. How dare we call a transexual a man. Your constant identity politics and victimization has become a weapon. You want to tell us the Earth is not the place we all live on and anyone who doesn't agree with your ridiculous and illogical BS is a racist, homophobic, backwards thinking Deplorable.

Look at you assigning a bunch of bullshit to me so you could whine about it and feel victimized. Grow a sack, Mary.

Can a television show save America? No.

I dunno mdk
Let Trump put live cameras and film a real time reality show of the drama going on along the border.
maybe if we focus on real life problems and solutions
and put media attention there, we could give credit to real life leaders
building real life solutions that work. These could take off in the media,
and we could save our own nation and economy by refocusing public attention.

So, was it the the threat to boycott or low ratings? It appears they were much lower than Last Man Standing.
Personally, I love the Ellen DeGeneres show. I never watched the Ellen show.
1998, NYTā€™s-

ABC Is Canceling 'Ellen'

I don't know what all of the reasons why her show was canceled- but there was certainly pressure from the Right on her advertisers.

Which is why it is so ironic when the Right wants to play victim when the same thing happens to a show they identify with.

Both sides go political trying to get advertisers to not sponsor programs they don't agree with. I personally think it is rather stupid- but both sides have the free speech right to do so.

By the way- "Last Man Standing" is on in re-runs I believe every night on one channel here in the Bay Area.

No one cares.

I have watched it a few times- never noticed any politics, I just didn't think it was as funny as Home Improvement.

You guys are wrong, he often brought up Reagan, took shots at liberals, Democrats and even Obama.

I watched every episode on Netlfix but the last season (they didn't offer it to us n Communist Canada), but I've even seen many of those episodes from regular TV re-runs I know of what I speak.

I am too lazy to seek out the clips online, but if I feel threatened, I will!

Ah screw it, I don't need to be pushed. See below:

Makes fun of Dems

Makes fun of Hillary

"Unlike Obama, our first job can't all be President"

I found those in a minute. Don't get me mad, or I will find a dozen more! :D

Last edited:
Her reasoning is a bit questionable, "support Trump because 'Do you want Pence in the white house?'"

Forum List

Back