The need to make churches pay tax

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do know stadiums brings in millions of dollars to local down town areas right?
That's false.

Guess you never been to Wrigley Field

Ask your liberal friend RDerp on here for the truth..

He lives right out side it..

I am right your wrong..

You don't have a clue how much sports teams bring into a city

How much mom and pops places it helps

Your an idiot
Yeah, I'm the idiot.
rqefdcZ.gif

Are pro sports teams economic winners for cities?

There are a lot of things economists disagree about, but the economic impact of sports stadiums isn't one of them.

“If you ever had a consensus in economics, this would be it," says Michael Leeds, a sports economist at Temple University. "There is no impact."

Leeds studied Chicago – as big a sports town as there is, with five major teams.

“If every sports team in Chicago were to suddenly disappear, the impact on the Chicago economy would be a fraction of 1 percent,” Leeds says. “A baseball team has about the same impact on a community as a midsize department store.”
Yeah, I'm the idiot.
rqefdcZ.gif

Impact of Camden Yards is debated as it turns 25

Weighing the benefits

A quarter-century after Camden Yards opened, there is still debate over the economic benefits of the state's investment.

"I wouldn't deny that there are real emotional, psychological and, I would call them, economic benefits because economics is about people's happiness as much as anything," said Dennis Coates, a professor of economics at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. "It's just that these benefits are incredibly difficult to measure. And the things that we can measure don't show up. Number of jobs? It doesn't do anything for jobs. Income? It didn't do anything for income."

Coates and others believe professional sports teams often hype expected benefits because "they're selling something."

"I do hear people say the opening of Oriole Park jump-started redevelopment for the entire city and I think that's an exaggeration," said Louis Miserendino, a visiting fellow with the Maryland Public Policy Institute. "You don't have to look far to see it hasn't translated into an influx of development even within a mile or quarter-mile of the ballpark."

And what would happen if it wasn't there?

God damn what would happen if these great movies Never was made?

This stuff inspires people to make new inventions, to love again, to strive to be their best

Stuff like this motivates people

Last edited:
What would happen if the Chicago Cubs, Chicago bears, Chicago White Sox, the Chicago black Hawks, the Chicago bulls all left Chicago?

What would happen if any number of organizations or businesses left a town, that when added together equal the financial size of a football team? Many cities do just fine without major sports team.

Like Los Angeles when the Rams left?

So why the fuck did Los angels Beg for NFL teams to come back.

No identity..

They became Boise Idaho..

Who the hell you fooling

Funny I'm being told I'm a miserable person.. and all this time I've been buying stuff tonight off eBay. Just picked this up.

s-l1600.jpg

Now you are lying.. you already posted your entire miserable story on here your wife works you sit around crying on the couch..

Playing the victim.

Funny I'm being told I'm a miserable person.. and all this time I've been buying stuff tonight off eBay. Just picked this up.

s-l1600.jpg

Now you are lying.. you already posted your entire miserable story on here your wife works you sit around crying on the couch..

Playing the victim.

I am? What you want to bet on that? I can show you the auction where it just ended minutes ago.

George Foster 1975 Topps baseball #87 Cincinnati Reds SGC NM/MT 88 | eBay

Douche nozzle.

s-l1600.jpg

Playing the victim.

I am? What you want to bet on that? I can show you the auction where it just ended minutes ago.

Douche nozzle.

You already told us your wife works and you sit around the house.

That's your life.. Don't take away your miserable life from us go getters and love liberal arts , sport teams and everything else that makes us happy if they can be positive and energetic it rubs off on us

I know what you want you want everyone in your life to feel as miserable as you..

Guess what it doesn't work that way..

Your negative I am positive

s-l1600.jpg

Playing the victim.

Douche nozzle.

That's your life.. Don't take away your miserable life from us go getters and love liberal arts , sport teams and everything else that makes us happy if they can be positive and energetic it rubs off on us

I know what you want you want everyone in your life to feel as miserable as you..

I have? lol.... Please show me where I've said that. How about we make a bet. You show where I said that and I'll leave this forum forever. If you can't you have to put whatever I want as your avatar for a month.

s-l1600.jpg

Playing the victim.

Douche nozzle.

HELLO? Are you going to make the bet or what? You made the statement. Are you going to back it up or admit you're a liar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back