The "N" Word

I find it ridiculous that people are so brainwashed by the PC police that they say "the n-word" rather than say "******", when using it in an explanatory way. I mean ... really? Same with "the r-word". :eusa_hand: That's just retarded.

Politically correct insult: Hey you f-word a/h-word, you're mother is a f-ing-word c-word and you're father is r-word! True story n-word!"

:rolleyes:

btw, to the OP... use of the word ****** is not banned, nor should it ever be. Will it fade out over time? Don't know. Black people use it very frequently, though.

Local news is going apeshit over Riley Cooper (WR for Eagles) saying ******. He didn't call any specific person out, he was mouthing off. No one would have known about it, but for the news putting it out there.

The more power you give a word, the more power you give it.

I tend to agree. Since everyone knows that the n-word is "******", then why not just say "******"? Well, if you work in a public position, it is better safe than sorry. If I an complaining about someone else saying "******", I am going to say n-word so that I don't get in trouble myself.

That just plays into this whole PC bullshit. "Can't say "the word" (in explanation) cause I might get into trouble". Please. :eusa_hand: Again, that just gives the word more power.

What do you think future generations will think of this taboo term? Is it a word or a sound? Is it banned only in the U.S. or all English speaking countries? How about non-English countries? Are there equivalent terms which are banned? What does it mean, anyway? Is its acceptable use limited to one's genetic background? If so, what percentage of preferred genetic traits is required for licensure? Or is it vice versa?

I think future generations will think we have lost our minds...

Then future generations will be exhibiting their ignorance of the etymology of the word, just as many exhibit their ignorance today – and likely the OP.

What do you think future generations will think of this taboo term? Is it a word or a sound? Is it banned only in the U.S. or all English speaking countries? How about non-English countries? Are there equivalent terms which are banned? What does it mean, anyway? Is its acceptable use limited to one's genetic background? If so, what percentage of preferred genetic traits is required for licensure? Or is it vice versa?

I think future generations will think we have lost our minds...

Then future generations will be exhibiting their ignorance of the etymology of the word, just as many exhibit their ignorance today – and likely the OP.

Thanks for the hysterical response; obviously too emotional a subject for it to be addressed in a rational/constructive manner. :eusa_angel:

It seems the words "negro" and "colored" are also taboo except for the NAACP and the united negro college fund.

Last edited:
The word ******, is only a big deal to *******

when you use the phrase "the N word" ...your a racists. we know what it means. blacks know to. and this Baptist minister from NYC sure as hell knows it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0zffDTQrT4]Bring Back the "N" Word - YouTube[/ame]

People need to relax in general. I use or withhold "******" on the same basis upon which I decide whether or not the urge to fart should be suppressed. Three easy yes or no questions. Anybody close enough to hear/smell this? If yes, are any of those present likely to be offended by it? If yes again, do I give a shit about offending them? If the answer to all three of these is yes, I'll say porch monkey in stead (or back my ass out of the room and crop dust my undies in the hallway). Seriously, though, anybody who automatically takes offense to any sound and allows it to cause them emotional distress needs to unclench their anus. I'm Hawaiian. My mother's people had their land taken (my family included), had their culture and even their language outlawed for many years in their homeland, and were largely wiped out by diseases introduced by European explorers and settlers. You know what my biggest complaint with racism as it relates to HAwaiians is? I feel left out because there aren't a lot of good racial slangs you can drop on me on that basis. Pineapple, island hopper. . . hard to even think of any. There's also not really enough Hawaiians out there to make any good stereotypes popular.

Lighten up, people. If someone obviously meant to disrespect you, respond accordingly. Getting bent out of shape simply because of someone's word choice with no consideration of their intent, though? Tard shit. Who goes out of their way to be angry?

Well my sincerest hope is we can divorce it from the original meaning and sort of strip it of its power. But derogatory terms will always exist in some fashion whether it's ****** or something else. People can put the meaning of the word "******" to whatever they please, so I suppose nothing really. We can't free ourselves from prejudice

We get the ‘n’ word from the European Slavic word for Negro which is Nigier, pronounced neegyair or neegyère. When the European settlers came to America, the closest pronunciation in English to the Slavic word Nigier (neegyair) was the 'n' word. Does this make any sense?

welfare-queen-detroit-1-600x350.jpg
thug_life.jpg
THUG_LIFE_LOGO_2_by_And86.jpg
http://troll.me/images/dos-equis-man/i-dont-always-talk-to-black-people-but-when-i-do-i-say-******.jpg

Last edited:
We get the ‘n’ word from the European Slavic word for Negro which is Nigier, pronounced neegyair or neegyère. When the European settlers came to America, the closest pronunciation in English to the Slavic word Nigier (neegyair) was the 'n' word. Does this make any sense?

Nope.

Negro is the Spanish and Portuguese word for "black", from the Latin niger (nominative), meaning simply the colour. Nothing to do with the Slavs, who were not involved in the Atlantic slave trade anyway, although ironically that ethnic group's name is the derivation of our word slave , owing to many Slavs (as in Eastern Europeans) who were themselves sold into slavery.

Negro, though, is Spanish/Portuguese (and closely related to French negre). It was they, along with the English and Dutch, who were the actual colonizers and slave traders, not the Slavs.

Nope.

Negro is the Spanish and Portuguese word for "black", from the Latin niger (nominative), meaning simply the colour. Nothing to do with the Slavs, who were not involved in the Atlantic slave trade anyway, although ironically that ethnic group's name is the derivation of our word slave , owing to many Slavs (as in Eastern Europeans) who were themselves sold into slavery.

Negro, though, is Spanish/Portuguese (and closely related to French negre). It was they, along with the English and Dutch, who were the actual colonizers and slave traders, not the Slavs.
Thank you. I was just making it up as I went along. :)

Using that word is a way of conveying almost limitless hatred. There are other words that are used to do the same thing that word is, by far and away, the worst.

Language changes. Future generations will understand how culturally loaded it was.

We know that now. That's why people use it against other people.

How can you possibly know what people are trying to convey with that word with no contextual clues?

Are you psychic?

Forum List

Back