The "N" Word

You can call me red-neck, or cracker, or rebel... I won't be offended in the least.
Nor would I. I actually prefer cracker because it let's me know if the speaker is even worth listening to. Same with ****** - if that's the term that you need to use then you are likely not intelligent enough to bother with a serious conversation.

Red neck is different. I don't see the inherent derogatory reference in red neck. I do with ****** or cracker as with many others.

Non offensive uses of the term cracker - a native or resident of Florida or Georgia; a hacker.

1. Please define "offensive" and your specific application of the term. Are you personally offended? If so, why? If not, to whom are you referring?

When the word is used as invective or in a disparaging sense it is a member of a class of words which I find personally offensive.

2. Does it depend on the state of mind of the offended party?

No.

3. Is the correct therapy for emotional disturbance insulation from offensive terms or learning that they have no power over you unless you give them that power?

The proper response is to treat the person using such language for what they are; a person lacking in common courtesy and intellectual honesty, to be held up for the public derision they so richly deserve. I'm sure their mothers are proud of their word choice.

word choice does not indicate intellectual dishonesty.

I use the word myself on occasion to describe a certain subset of black people. It is exactly no different than using the word redneck to describe a certain subset of white people.

Or do you not consider redneck to be an offensive term
Or do you just not care if whites are offended

You can call me red-neck, or cracker, or rebel... I won't be offended in the least.

I'm faux offended for you, so that makes those terms unacceptable. isn't that how it works?

There needs to be a monetary or political reason for you to be offended. Otherwise your faux is wasted.

For example, if you were trying to get a tea party candidate elected you could accuse his political opponent or his entire political party of being supporting calling the voters red-necks, crackers, and rebels. See, that's how it works.

oh, see I'm just not very good at pretending to care about shit that matters to no one.

Keep trying you'll get there with effort. Hell if the democrats can do it, anyone can.

This is an incorrect assumption. I consider myself to be at least moderately intelligent , but sometimes use the word, yes expressly to degrade in order to make a point. It's not that I'm not intelligent, it's that the use of the word makes my point better than any other word would

You want a sign of low intelligence, look at people who get offended over a sports team's name.
Don't care why you use the term. The fact is that you project concepts with the words you choose. When you use ****** you project ignorance. Period. Fight that all you want and continue to use those terms and most people will simply write you of add ignorant and dumb.

If you really are moderately intelligent then you would not use terms that will cause you to be almost universally misunderstood.

This is an incorrect assumption. I consider myself to be at least moderately intelligent , but sometimes use the word, yes expressly to degrade in order to make a point. It's not that I'm not intelligent, it's that the use of the word makes my point better than any other word would

You want a sign of low intelligence, look at people who get offended over a sports team's name.
Don't care why you use the term. The fact is that you project concepts with the words you choose. When you use ****** you project ignorance. Period. Fight that all you want and continue to use those terms and most people will simply write you of add ignorant and dumb.

If you really are moderately intelligent then you would not use terms that will cause you to be almost universally misunderstood.

Well, I'm used to that because I have a southern drawl. Doesn't matter than I have a PhD in military law. "hey you redneck" I hear it all the time. Do I get all up in arms? No, I simply go about my day.

It's ridiculous to get so upset over a word.

Libs think they can read minds to know the true intent and use of all terms. Funny how they have to redefine most of their terms they use to keep the rest of the world from banishing them from existence.

Well, I'm used to that because I have a southern drawl. Doesn't matter than I have a PhD in military law. "hey you redneck" I hear it all the time. Do I get all up in arms? No, I simply go about my day.

It's ridiculous to get so upset over a word.

Being ridiculous is a central tenant of all libtardian views.

1. Please define "offensive" and your specific application of the term. Are you personally offended? If so, why? If not, to whom are you referring?

When the word is used as invective or in a disparaging sense it is a member of a class of words which I find personally offensive.

2. Does it depend on the state of mind of the offended party?

No.

3. Is the correct therapy for emotional disturbance insulation from offensive terms or learning that they have no power over you unless you give them that power?

The proper response is to treat the person using such language for what they are; a person lacking in common courtesy and intellectual honesty, to be held up for the public derision they so richly deserve. I'm sure their mothers are proud of their word choice.

I will give you one more try:

1. Define "offensive." (Who is the judge?)

2. Since you are personally offended, it must depend on your state of mind, no?

3. Why are you offended when others are not? Are you emotionally disturbed or simply convinced of your own moral superiority (same thing)?

Forum List

Back