The MyPillow Guy really could destroy democracy

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Great piece from Anne Applebaum. MrPillow is a frothing blend of conspiracy theories and perpetual victimhood. It is of little surprise that he gets along so famously with Trump.

When you contemplate the end of democracy in America, what kind of person do you think will bring it about? Maybe you picture a sinister billionaire in a bespoke suit, slipping brown envelopes to politicians. Maybe your nightmare is a rogue general, hijacking the nuclear football. Maybe you think of a jackbooted thug leading a horde of men in white sheets, all carrying burning crosses.​
Here is what you probably don’t imagine: an affable, self-made midwesterner, one of those goofy businessmen who makes his own infomercials. A recovered crack addict, no less, who laughs good-naturedly when jokes are made at his expense. A man who will talk to anyone willing to listen (and to many who aren’t). A philanthropist. A good boss. A patriot—or so he says—who may well be doing more damage to American democracy than anyone since Jefferson Davis.​
I met Mike Lindell, the CEO of MyPillow, in the recording studio that occupies the basement of Steve Bannon’s stately Capitol Hill townhouse, a few blocks from the Supreme Court—the same Supreme Court that will, according to Lindell, decide “9–0” in favor of reinstating Donald Trump to the presidency sometime in August, or possibly September. I made it through the entirety of the Trump presidency without once having to meet Bannon but here he was, recording his War Room podcast with Lindell. Bannon has been decomposing in front of our eyes for some years now, and I can report that this process continues to take its course. I walked in during a break and the two men immediately gestured to me to join the conversation, sit at the table with them, listen in on headphones. I demurred. “Anne Applebaum … hmm,” Bannon said. “Should’ve stuck to writing books. Gulag was a great book. How long did it take you to write it?”​

Continued:

Great piece from Anne Applebaum. MrPillow is a frothing blend of conspiracy theories and perpetual victimhood. It is of little surprise that he gets along so famously with Trump.

When you contemplate the end of democracy in America, what kind of person do you think will bring it about? Maybe you picture a sinister billionaire in a bespoke suit, slipping brown envelopes to politicians. Maybe your nightmare is a rogue general, hijacking the nuclear football. Maybe you think of a jackbooted thug leading a horde of men in white sheets, all carrying burning crosses.​
Here is what you probably don’t imagine: an affable, self-made midwesterner, one of those goofy businessmen who makes his own infomercials. A recovered crack addict, no less, who laughs good-naturedly when jokes are made at his expense. A man who will talk to anyone willing to listen (and to many who aren’t). A philanthropist. A good boss. A patriot—or so he says—who may well be doing more damage to American democracy than anyone since Jefferson Davis.​
I met Mike Lindell, the CEO of MyPillow, in the recording studio that occupies the basement of Steve Bannon’s stately Capitol Hill townhouse, a few blocks from the Supreme Court—the same Supreme Court that will, according to Lindell, decide “9–0” in favor of reinstating Donald Trump to the presidency sometime in August, or possibly September. I made it through the entirety of the Trump presidency without once having to meet Bannon but here he was, recording his War Room podcast with Lindell. Bannon has been decomposing in front of our eyes for some years now, and I can report that this process continues to take its course. I walked in during a break and the two men immediately gestured to me to join the conversation, sit at the table with them, listen in on headphones. I demurred. “Anne Applebaum … hmm,” Bannon said. “Should’ve stuck to writing books. Gulag was a great book. How long did it take you to write it?”​

Continued:

I see they moved the timeline for Trump's glorious return.... :auiqs.jpg:

Continued:

Why is Applebomb so afraid of Lindell? I thought everyone had decisively label him a conspiracy nutcase. Is there something she knows that we don't?

You'd welcome the destruction of democracy and arrival of an authoritarian plutocracy led by a strong-arm RW prick-tater. No surprise there Ford, but you could find what you wanted right now in Belarus, Hungary, Turkey, or Russia.

One way ticket on me. Just say the word! ;)

Hey there Scaredypanties!

Out on the property out here, I happen to have some very fine rocks and trees you can hide your poor self behind.

I won't charge much and it's worth it to get away from that Mr. Pillow Boogeyman.

Afraid of the "my Pillow Guy"? The left is just needing to drag this out, the worst thing that could happen to the left is that they let all this go. They are already having trouble keeping it in their favor but they have to keep spinning the media wheel.

5idcka.jpg

Honestly Dr. Love? You should be far more afraid of Larry Fink.

The level of your ignorance is clearly boundless. . . .

You'd welcome the destruction of democracy and arrival of an authoritarian plutocracy led by a strong-arm RW prick-tater. No surprise there Ford, but you could find what you wanted right now in Belarus, Hungary, Turkey, or Russia.

One way ticket on me. Just say the word! ;)
doctor if he was telling you pillows are doomed.....then be concerned....

Continued:

You’re afraid of the pillow guy?

It’s good to know you Assclowns don’t stand a chance in an actual civil war.

Forum List

Back