The Melting Pot

Try visiting Dearborn, Michigan. And a hundred other communities around the country where foreigners have set down roots in large numbers, all ethnically the same and NOT "American." In fact, when "Americans" go to those communities they are often made to feel unwelcome, at times violently so.

Historically, immigrants came to this country and insisted that their kids speak English, go to public schools, and assimilate as quickly as possible. The immigrants themselves, depending on how old they were when they came here, might not learn to speak English well, even if they watched American television constantly, but they wanted their kids to speak English without an accent.

If you think things aren't different now, you are not paying attention.

Oh man Bill Maher is the best! Please post more if you have any.

Try visiting Dearborn, Michigan. And a hundred other communities around the country where foreigners have set down roots in large numbers, all ethnically the same and NOT "American." In fact, when "Americans" go to those communities they are often made to feel unwelcome, at times violently so.

Historically, immigrants came to this country and insisted that their kids speak English, go to public schools, and assimilate as quickly as possible. The immigrants themselves, depending on how old they were when they came here, might not learn to speak English well, even if they watched American television constantly, but they wanted their kids to speak English without an accent.

If you think things aren't different now, you are not paying attention.
I teach plenty of students that speak English, while their parents speak Spanish or Russian.

There are very few student, in my State, that come into public school and speak NO ENGLISH.

Last edited:
I teach plenty of students that speak English, while their parents speak Spanish or Russian.

There are very few student, in my State, that come into public school and speak NO ENGLISH.
If the speak foreign they think foreign

They may have green cards but they are not American

I would have guessed by now, a Californian liberal like Unko would have figured out this trash ideology broke your home state. Diversity is killing us. Sorry, Unko. With all due respect.

Just like today.

I would have guessed by now, a Californian liberal like Unko would have figured out this trash ideology broke your home state. Diversity is killing us. Sorry, Unko. With all due respect.
About as far as you can get, geographically and ideologically, from California liberal, you dopey old broad.

Unko, I like diversity. It's a good thing. The melting pot concept. Not acclimating to the culture, not so much. Apparently its racist to migrants to you know, conform to the culture they are adopting. Why is that?

It is time to stop all immigration to the US. We have enough of these worthless Third World welfare queens.

At 330 million we are full.

Enough is enough.
We're not going to , and we are anything but "full."

Unko, I like diversity. It's a good thing. The melting pot concept. Not acclimating to the culture, not so much. Apparently its racist to migrants to you know, conform to the culture they are adopting. Why is that?
It's not, and immigrants understand that.

Forum List

Back