The Mandate will not reduce cost

lynn63

Jan 22, 2013
The mandate will not reduce cost, maybe initially to entice people to enroll but their rates will increase soon after it is implemented.
The ACA mandate cannot deliver as promised when you hospital monopolies increasing at a rapid rate and an established already dominate health insurance that covers most of their population in many states. Hospitals and health insurance companies do not want cost to decrease.
Competition cannot compete within a state that has a dominate hospital system and a dominate insurance company in that state. Until government changes that we will not see healthcare reduction in cost.
The government won’t change that as long as hospitals and health insurance companies provide funding contributions to politicians to prevent any regulations on cost control in healthcare.

Not only will the mandate not reduce costs, but it will drastically reduce medical care. That's what it is primarily designed to do, reduce care. Hospitals will refuse to admit the sick and send them home to die because they don't want to be fined.

If obamacare works like medicare, there will be precious little medical care going on.

Obama care....the lie of the century.

If this does not get repealed and destroyed from it's root. It will be the nail in the coffin of the United States of America. We may as well merge with Canada

First off this is not my idea,but it's got me thinking.
Since I don't trust Democrats this sort of makes sense.

The Democrats know ObamaCare is bad.
They want it that way.
When people bitch enough about it Obama will throw up his hands and say.
Guys we tried to fix Health Care.He will blame it's failure on the republicans of course.
He will then push for single payer,government run healthcare.Obama's friends in the media will
push this agenda hard.Hilary wins the WH and then she picks up the baton and we finally get Hilary care...

Then we have come full circle.

Everything you know about O-care is total bs, hater dupes. Not a single horror you believe in has ever happened, and never will. Proven by Masscare, and O-care is better.

So all this just because you say so? Where is the proof? The thread just under this one is how Boehner tweeted how bad ACA is but the site he QUOTES and then post the link to says just the opposite. So why should anyone listen to you and not the experts?

Of course the mandate won't reduce costs, because the mandate has been pushed for by the health card industry, and industry lobbyists usually get what they want.

Remember back to the political process.

For awhile, Democrats were proposing that people who didn't want to buy private health insurance could buy into a government insurance program. THAT would have reduced costs. However, the Republicans said they wouldn't vote for the bill unless the government insurance option were dropped. So Obama had to give in to the Republicans.

It was the Republicans who forced provisions into and out of the bill that would have kept costs low or reduced costs.

It was the Republicans who dug their heels in and insisted that there be a kind of mandate in the bill which would not reduce costs. It was the Republicans who acted to make sure that costs were not reduced. They tell the public otherwise, but "if it walks like a duck..."

I just hope the Republicans didn't know what they were doing when they forced through their kind of mandate.

The forced Republican form of the mandate transfers sovereignty from the government to the corporations. The Republicans do what the corporations want, so it is possible that they deliberately wanted to transfer sovereignty to the corporations, But perhaps they didn't realize what they were doing.

The key point is that the public is forced to buy private health insurance, and the health insurance companies have the sovereign power to determine the cost that Americans will be forced to pay. It is giving the corporations the power to set what Americans are forced to pay which transfers sovereignty. Essentially, it gives the corporations the power to tax
Americans anything the corporations decide, which is normally a government power.

Notice that this sets up taxation without representation, because the American voters do not elect the boards of directors of the corporations.

Jim

They want it that way.
Guys we tried to fix Health Care.He will blame it's failure on the republicans of course.
He will then push for single payer,government run healthcare.Obama's friends in the media will
push this agenda hard.Hilary wins the WH and then she picks up the baton and we finally get Hilary care...

That would most likely be a good thing, one publicly funded option for all with supplemental insurance plans for those who want them and can pay for them. Get health insurance out of the hands of employers. It would cut costs drastically for everyone, and with supplemental plans, those who want the absolute best care, regardless of cost, can pay extra for it. Employers and employees would pay into the system equally just like they do with Medicare now. I guarantee it would be less than we pay now.

They want it that way.

That would most likely be a good thing, one publicly funded option for all with supplemental insurance plans for those who want them and can pay for them. Get health insurance out of the hands of employers. It would cut costs drastically for everyone, and with supplemental plans, those who want the absolute best care, regardless of cost, can pay extra for it. Employers and employees would pay into the system equally just like they do with Medicare now. I guarantee it would be less than we pay now.

Getting it out of the hands of employers as a primary option is a good thing.. putting it into government as a primary option is a bad thing.. you are going out of the frying pan and into the fire

Forum List

Back