What a broken bone will cost you in countries around the world

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

1. United States: Roughly $12 million (or FREE if you're not a citizen).
  2. Great Britain: A 10-year wait in line. Keep a stiff upper lip, old chap!
  3. Mexico: Owing a debt to the cartel.
  4. Haiti: The blood of a virgin for the local witch doctor.
  5. North Korea: Good news — your treatment is free! Now, please turn and face the wall.
  6. Australia: It's a little-known fact that you pay your hospital bills by boxing a kangaroo.
  7. Cuba: The sling made out of a couple of old, dirty socks is completely free.
  8. Sweden: Just $5, which is perfect because that's all you have left after taxes.
  9. Saudi Arabia: No need for treatment on the arm, they'll just chop it off and you're good.
  10. Canada: Your life.
Now off you go! Don't pretend you don't have choices out there.

It'll cost me the price of some plaster and gauze. I know a VietNam Vet who worked as a medic, and is better than any "MD" in the state.

It'll cost me the price of some plaster and gauze. I know a VietNam Vet who worked as a medic, and is better than any "MD" in the state.

I'll just go to emerg, give them my OHIP card, go to X-ray, get my cast, and my sling, as well as a 3 day supply of pain killers, and then go home to rest. It'll cost me $0.0. everything at the hospital or doctor's office is covered.

I'll just go to emerg, give them my OHIP card, go to X-ray, get my cast, and my sling, as well as a 3 day supply of pain killers, and then go home to rest. It'll cost me $0.0. everything at the hospital or doctor's office is covered.

Good for you.

I do a shitload of crafting, so plaster and gauze are in plentiful supply in my storage room.

I prefer to skip the drugs.

Good for you.

I do a shitload of crafting, so plaster and gauze are in plentiful supply in my storage room.

I prefer to skip the drugs.

I'm sure you'll do a great job of re-setting that break, and you'll have full use of that arm. This is why American life expectancy is declining, and Americans are so unhealthy.

I'm sure you'll do a great job of re-setting that break, and you'll have full use of that arm. This is why American life expectancy is declining, and Americans are so unhealthy.

Whine louder, Cunadian.

You don't read very well, do ya? I've got a VietNam Army Medic next door. Before he moved here, he worked in a small town as an ARNP, doing everything a "doctor" can do. I don't have to set shit.

We all know how long it takes to get seen in your "hospitals", and how happy your "medical system" is to kill you whenever they feel like you're no longer useful.

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Last edited:

Whine louder, Cunadian.

You don't read very well, do ya? I've got a VietNam Army Medic next door. Before he moved here, he worked in a small town as an ARNP, doing everything a "doctor" can do. I don't have to set shit.

We all know how long it takes to get seen in your "hospitals", and how happy your "medical system" is to kill you whenever they feel like you're no longer useful.

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

You don't know jack shit. I'm not whining, fool. I'm laughing that you would even think this is a good idea. You know the lies the Medical Industrial Complex tells you because they like making all of the money.

You have an army medic next door, from Viet Nam. A 70 something guy who got his medical training in the 1970's. Does he have a clinic, and an x-ray machine too? You're getting 19th Century care, but hey, it's cheap.

Like I said, good luck with setting that arm.

5. North Korea: Good news — your treatment is free! Now, please turn and face the wall.
  6. Australia: It's a little-known fact that you pay your hospital bills by boxing a kangaroo.
  8. Sweden: Just $5, which is perfect because that's all you have left after taxes.
  9. Saudi Arabia: No need for treatment on the arm, they'll just chop it off and you're good.
Well, you have options. Solidarity offers an ethical alternative to traditional health insurance that is based on the teachings of the Catholic Church
It includes things like naturopathic care, life-affirming fertility treatments, unlimited mental health therapy, and home births, just to name a few. And all at a monthly price that normal people can actually afford!

~S~

Attachments

• 1701169989561.png
    1701169989561.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 1701170043846.png
    1701170043846.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 6
My tax for that is called a Medicare levy; it's about $1500 per year. Plus at a local docs I pay about 50% of each consultation. So that was $30 grand in total over 20 years when I hardly used even a doctor. Even more over the last FORTY YEARS!!!

I am NOT amused!!! (In Australia)

Greg

Australia: It's a little-known fact that you pay your hospital bills by boxing a kangaroo.

No we don't!!

OK; sometimes. I've seen a roo nearly disembowel a dog when we were out piggin' once. Those paws are bloody nasty!!

Greg

You don't know jack shit. I'm not whining, fool. I'm laughing that you would even think this is a good idea. You know the lies the Medical Industrial Complex tells you because they like making all of the money.

You have an army medic next door, from Viet Nam. A 70 something guy who got his medical training in the 1970's. Does he have a clinic, and an x-ray machine too? You're getting 19th Century care, but hey, it's cheap.

Like I said, good luck with setting that arm.

Ageist, huh? Think those of us in our older years are years are useless?

Yo, folks, look at this leftist bigot!

And the rest of the drivel of your post make it clear that you simply make no sense and have not bothered to actually read my posts. My neighbor is an ARNP, which means he is as qualified as any MD in the state.

But keep on making yourself foolish, Cunadian bigot.

We'll keep on having fun laughing at how few people here actually agree with you.

Give us more.

Last edited:

Ageist, huh? Think those of us in our older years are years are useless?

Yo, folks, look at this leftist bigot!

And the rest of the drivel of your post make it clear that you simply make no sense and have not bothered to actually read my posts. My neighbor is an ARNP, which means he is as qualified as any MD in the state.

But keep on making yourself foolish, Cunadian bigot.

We'll keep on having fun laughing at how few people here actually agree with you.

Give us more.

I didn't say he was useless. I said his medical training is 50 years out of date and he doesn't operate a clinic.

I used to train law clerks on using Word, and other software when law firms were converting to computer in the 1980's, and wrote some early legal apps. 10 years ago when I was looking for work just before retiring, a friend said you should have no problem getting a job with your computer skills, and I said "My computer skills are so 20 years ago. These days, I had to hire a consultant to set up the social media and website for my new business because I haven't kept up with all of the new platforms.

I'm still able to set up my friend's new laptop for her, and set up her WIFI printer, etc. But I can't even manage my own website and social media without my consultant's help.

I didn't say he was useless. I said his medical training is 50 years out of date and he doesn't operate a clinic.

I used to train law clerks on using Word, and other software when law firms were converting to computer in the 1980's, and wrote some early legal apps. 10 years ago when I was looking for work just before retiring, a friend said you should have no problem getting a job with your computer skills, and I said "My computer skills are so 20 years ago. These days, I had to hire a consultant to set up the social media and website for my new business because I haven't kept up with all of the new platforms.

I'm still able to set up my friend's new laptop for her, and set up her WIFI printer, etc. But I can't even manage my own website and social media without my consultant's help.

Well, the subject of the thread is broken bones, and if you think I'm going to accept ANY so-called "medical" advice from an ageist bigot in a country where the standard of care for the elderly is euthanasia, I'll just say:

Bye.

Well, the subject of the thread is broken bones, and if you think I'm going to accept ANY so-called "medical" advice from an ageist bigot in a country where the standard of care for the elderly is euthanasia, I'll just say:

Bye.

At least we have elderly. Americans are living shorter and shorter lives. Canadians live longer and longer because we pay for ALL of their care with no copays.

I never have to decide between our pills or our food. My copay is $0.

FAKE NEWS
  1. Great Britain: A 10-year wait in line. Keep a stiff upper lip, old chap!
Complete nonsense .
You can visit Accident and Emergency Department in any Hospital and you will be treated Free of any Charge .

If the rest of the so called info is as accurate , then the OP is valueless .

Forum List

Back