The "lynching" of John Boehner....

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
None of us on the left ever liked John Boehner (or Mitch McConnell who is next in the future lynching list)....and this thread is far from a "defense" of that now disgraced Speaker.
But the jubilation in Boehner's demise by ultra right wingers actually smacks of both the [un]civil war within the GOP and the party's utter frustration in their own ineffectiveness and the party's inability to be a viable part of viable governance.

It is little wonder that in the ensuing chaos and/or the nihilistic stances by the GOP's tea party contingency, that Obama has had to take unilateral action (even without his own party's help) to initiate and implement governmental policies.

With Boehner (believe it or not) the discord and bitching about his ineffectiveness is mostly grounded on the inability to repeal (never mind "replace") the ACA.

As reported in the Daily Kos.....

When forced to explain this supposed "contempt," numerous Republicans (even presidential candidates) list not only Boehner's (non-existent) failure to stop Obamacare, but also his supposed enabling of Obamacare. As Mike Huckabee explained, "When people sent [Republicans] here, they didn't send them to give the president more power on Obamacare[.]"

Think about that: after total legislative obstruction, a government shut-down, more than 50 votes to repeal Obamacare, an ensuing presidential election, two Supreme Court lawsuits, and other pending litigation - - Republicans are livid with the belief that John Boehner has worked with the President to strengthen Obamacare......No sane political observer could think that.

It's the startling difference between intent, perception and reality.

I think that the timing of Boehner's hari-kari was to benefit his party and to keep us from yet another government shut-down.

But of course, a shut-down could easily come just as well in 2016, but I would think this is not what Republicans would want, 2016 being an election year and all....

None of us on the left ever liked John Boehner (or Mitch McConnell who is next in the future lynching list)....and this thread is far from a "defense" of that now disgraced Speaker.
But the jubilation in Boehner's demise by ultra right wingers actually smacks of both the [un]civil war within the GOP and the party's utter frustration in their own ineffectiveness and the party's inability to be a viable part of viable governance.

It is little wonder that in the ensuing chaos and/or the nihilistic stances by the GOP's tea party contingency, that Obama has had to take unilateral action (even without his own party's help) to initiate and implement governmental policies.

With Boehner (believe it or not) the discord and bitching about his ineffectiveness is mostly grounded on the inability to repeal (never mind "replace") the ACA.

When forced to explain this supposed "contempt," numerous Republicans (even presidential candidates) list not only Boehner's (non-existent) failure to stop Obamacare, but also his supposed enabling of Obamacare. As Mike Huckabee explained, "When people sent [Republicans] here, they didn't send them to give the president more power on Obamacare[.]"

Think about that: after total legislative obstruction, a government shut-down, more than 50 votes to repeal Obamacare, an ensuing presidential election, two Supreme Court lawsuits, and other pending litigation - - Republicans are livid with the belief that John Boehner has worked with the President to strengthen Obamacare......No sane political observer could think that.

I agree. All current governmental policies are owned totally by the Obama Administration and the Democrat Party. The fact that 95,000,000 people have dropped out of the work force - 50,000,000 of these women. The fact that many folks are working one or more part-time jobs now. The fact that the rolls of people on EBT, SSI, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, free school lunches, disability, etc., have skyrocketed during the last seven years. The fact that many folks lost their doctors, their hospitals, their employer based health insurance, and have seen their rates and deductibles increased and in some cases had their Obamacare insurance company go tits up. We have also seen Putin have to take over on the world's stage in the role normally held by an American President.

You are absolutely correct though. Obama and the Democrats own it all.

Y

Bye BONEHEAD. The only ones who will miss you are the leftist who you refused to stand up to.

Like the ones on this thread.

Poor things.

I believe strongly in giving an Administration and its Party full credit for all the policies they have worked so hard to implement and for all the consequences that have resulted from those policies. I am a fair and honest citizen.

When you say "government policies" you really mean liberal policies. What Obama has done when Congress doesn't give him what he wants is wipe his ass on the Constitution. Republicans elected their Congressman precisely to obstruct Obama from getting what he wants. I just love this theory that Obama is entitled to get his agenda implemented despite what Congress wants. If a Republican did the same thing you would all be calling him a dictator and an emperor.

• Banned
agree. All current governmental policies are owned totally by the Obama Administration and the Democrat Party. The fact that 95,000,000 people have dropped out of the work force

WOW....I have to quickly tell my wife that, (based on your... I'm sure accurate polling that 50% of Americans have dropped out of the work force) one of the two of us doesn't have to work tomorrow.....Thanks for the update (maybe she and I can switch by one of us working on M, W, and F...and the other T and Th.)

I think that the timing of Boehner's hari-kari was to benefit his party and to keep us from yet another government shut-down.

But of course, a shut-down could easily come just as well in 2016, but I would think this is not what Republicans would want, 2016 being an election year and all....

His intent was to fund Obama's agenda, no matter what his party thinks about that.

stupidest comments of the day > "The fact that 95,000,000 people have dropped out of the work force - 50,000,000 of these women" revealing the poster of it has not a clue about what it means. Sixty million are retirees, twenty million are disabled. Good god, the idiocy.

Republicans elected their Congressman precisely to obstruct Obama from getting what he wants.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhh, from the mouths of babes.......Are you a disciple of Kevin McCarthy by any chance?

Last edited:
believe strongly in giving an Administration and its Party full credit for all the policies they have worked so hard to implement and for all the consequences that have resulted from those policies. I am a fair and honest citizen.

Of course you're writing the above from one of those detention camps where that evil Obama has placed all of the rabid right wingers....Hang on, that package of cookies is on its way.

stupidest comments of the day > "The fact that 95,000,000 people have dropped out of the work force - 50,000,000 of these women" revealing the poster of it has not a clue about what it means. Sixty million are retirees, twenty million are disabled. Good god, the idiocy.

Yes....BUT we know that right wingers simply LOVE all those numbers with lots and lots of zeroes.

His intent was to fund Obama's agenda, no matter what his party thinks about that.

Well, the nerve of that Boehner.....Tell me again how he got to be the Speaker of the House???

Well, I suppose you can look at it that way, and that is your good right, but I would think that the effect is just the same.

Which FEMA camp does our buddy live in?

We can send him a care package.

Well, my friend, the GOP certainly has intent.....the perception of a teenager and absolutely NO concept of existential reality,

I really meant it quite seriously and this is a problem that applies to many, many professions, most interactions in life and most definitely, in politics.

A politician may intend one thing, when in reality, a totally different result from his plans (were they to be enacted) could happen, but all of that is just "für die Katz" if something entirely different is perceived by the target-public to begin with.

John Boehner, I assume, wanted to keep us from having another government shutdown, which in turn is being perceived by the red-meat eating base of the GOP to mean that he is in Obama's pockets or ass or whatever. But reality may be different than both of those things. The reality of his action may very well be that while we will avoid a shutdown right now, the GOP is far more likely to select a far, far more extreme Speaker than they just had, one who may be totally inclined to force the President's hand and cause a shut down, but this time, maybe in January or February, right smack in the middle of the primary process.

Not all that shines is gold.

Last edited:

You're probably right.....as the cited article in the O/P states:
......................more than 50 [failed] votes to repeal Obamacare......
perhaps vote number 78th could have been a "winner"???

Actually, considering the number of Democrats in the US HOR, were the GOP to be totally unhappy with any candidate for the Speakership, theoretically, with just 30 GOP defections, the House could select Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) to again be Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Of course, this is not going to happen. But theoretically, it is possible.

Forum List

Back