The Lost Art of the Thank You

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
How many of you, and your children, wrote thank you notes to the people that gave you gifts for Christmas or Chanukah?

I'm talking about hand written notes, that you put in the mailbox like in old fashioned times! ;)

Or did you just thank them in person when you opened the gift, and feel that was thanks enough?

Those of you with children, do your kids write thank you notes to grandma and grandpa, etc. to thank them for the gifts/money given to them?

Just wondering if people still do this, or just use email or nothing at all.

How many of you, and your children, wrote thank you notes to the people that gave you gifts for Christmas or Chanukah?

I'm talking about hand written notes, that you put in the mailbox like in old fashioned times! ;)

Or did you just thank them in person when you opened the gift, and feel that was thanks enough?

Those of you with children, do your kids write thank you notes to grandma and grandpa, etc. to thank them for the gifts/money given to them?

I sponsor a different family in need every year for Christmas (tree, decorations, food, presents, etc. It's done anonymously, but this year, the family went out of their way to find out who I was, and I actually received a hand-written letter (written by the mother, signed by all the children).. THAT was cool as hell. So I guess some people still do it the old fashioned way.

We all recieved $300.00 from my parents, so I split it 5 ways between myself, Delilah, and the slaves. But I wouldn't give the slaves anything until they produced a handwritten letter because I know my parents, and they're the sort that really insist on antiquated formalities.

After much knashing of teeth, pulling hair, reduring clothes, the slaves finally agreed to the terms.

We all recieved $300.00 from my parents, so I split it 5 ways between myself, Delilah, and the slaves. But I wouldn't give the slaves anything until they produced a handwritten letter because I know my parents, and they're the sort that really insist on antiquated formalities.

After much knashing of teeth, pulling hair, reduring clothes, the slaves finally agreed to the terms.

I'm glad that you and Delilah are on speaking terms after I had sex with her.

I get enough thanks with the hugs and kisses to out do the notes from the grandchildren. Just watching them smile is thanks enough...and hearing their mother's tell me weeks later that their children love the gifts.

I get handwritten notes from grown ups now and then.

I thank people in writing when I get positive rep.:lol:

Since Missourian doesn't accept PMs, let me say here, "Thanks, Missourian!"

Coming to you from the bar on the lake tonight. Starting with Pig's Nose...a smooth blended tan liquid...finishing with Glenrothes, an all time favorite.

Thank God for the Scots and single malt brews.:beer:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back