The Liberal Religion of “Tolerance”

What about them? What do you think we should do?
My definition of a leftist is someone who is opposed to everything that made this country great. For whatever reason, they hate America and what it stands for. These people are the enemy, They should be dealt with by whatever means are necessary to protect our freedoms.

Well that was a broad brush with no specifies. What is it you believe "made this country great" that "leftists" are opposed to? What do you believe "leftists" hate about American and what it "stands for"? Be specific if you can.
Why should I waste my time explaining something that should be self evident? If you don't already know what made this country great, then I don't see the need to educate you. Likewise, if you are not aware of those who dream of destroying America, and what motivates them, then it is likely that you are one them or one of their countless useful idiots.

See, I don't think it stopped being great. I think it's spectacular now.

Articulate what is no longer great in your opinion and EXACTLY what you believe "leftists" want to destroy. Stop talking in vague generalities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't get it. And if you believe that things are going great, then you are beyond any hope being cured by a clue stick. Enjoy your clueless life. I, and others like me, will be trying to fix the mess people like you allowed to happen.

What about them? What do you think we should do?
My definition of a leftist is someone who is opposed to everything that made this country great. For whatever reason, they hate America and what it stands for. These people are the enemy, They should be dealt with by whatever means are necessary to protect our freedoms.

Well that was a broad brush with no specifies. What is it you believe "made this country great" that "leftists" are opposed to? What do you believe "leftists" hate about American and what it "stands for"? Be specific if you can.
Why should I waste my time explaining something that should be self evident? If you don't already know what made this country great, then I don't see the need to educate you. Likewise, if you are not aware of those who dream of destroying America, and what motivates them, then it is likely that you are one them or one of their countless useful idiots.

Articulate what is no longer great in your opinion and EXACTLY what you believe "leftists" want to destroy. Stop talking in vague generalities.

If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't get it. And if you believe that things are going great, then you are beyond any hope being cured by a clue stick. Enjoy your clueless life. I, and others like me, will be trying to fix the mess people like you allowed to happen.
Tell you what, just tell us when, in your opinion, the country was "great"?

It's the least he could do.

I'm not playing your silly game.

If you think it was great once but is a mess now, but you can't say when it was great, then you have no valid point at all.

If think it was great once but a mess now, but you can't say when it was great, then you have no valid point at all.
My point is that I shouldn't have to explain it to you. A true American patriot, who loves their country, would get it. The fact that you have to ask proves that you don't get it, so I'll not waste any more of my time on you.

You made the claim that Liberals are tolerant, forgiving, like Jesus while Consevatives are not and got exposed that is not the case. I provided many examples that contradict what you say and can provide more. You hold the ground that Liberals are more like Jesus based on pure opinion. I have never held a ground that I am more Christian vs. Liberals. That would make me judgemental.
You made the claim that Liberals are tolerant, forgiving, like Jesus while Consevatives are not and got exposed that is not the case. I provided many examples that contradict what you say and can provide more. You hold the ground that Liberals are more like Jesus based on pure opinion. I have never held a ground that I am more Christian vs. Liberals. That would make me judgemental.
You cannot reason with someone like that. Best to just ignore them.

Give us a list of the things you want to do that liberals won't tolerate.

Keeping your own earnings? Your body, your wallet...

You get to keep your own earnings, once you've paid your taxes.

This is a joke, right?

I know you have exceptionally low IQ, but damn...

Design us a country that exists without taxation, genius.

Let's hear it.

If think it was great once but a mess now, but you can't say when it was great, then you have no valid point at all.
My point is that I shouldn't have to explain it to you. A true American patriot, who loves their country, would get it. The fact that you have to ask proves that you don't get it, so I'll not waste any more of my time on you.
Here, I can help you. The country was never great, it was just once a better fit for people who love Jesus, are white, and have small minds that abhor complexity. They used to rule the place with an iron fist, and now they don't.

Conservatives tend to inculcate their children with religion like the Taliban or other religious groups, while liberals teach more tolerance for varying differences in people? And this is news to whom again?

Jesus Christ's life was about tolerance and forgiveness. Liberals have adopted this philosophy even though they aren't overly religious though most identify as Christians. Conservatives bloviate how 'religious' they are but they only mouth the words, they don't actually put the teachings of Christ into practice; help the poor, forgive the offender, turn the other cheek, love thy enemy, cast the first stone, do not put up wealth on Earth...

If conservatives actually practiced what Jesus taught they'd find themselves far less offended by red cups at Starbucks, or who is standing beside them in the bathroom or in the stall next door, or who is marrying whom, and instead the soup kitchens would be fully manned, people wouldn't be sleeping on the street, and there wouldn't be a single church that looked like a gold encrusted emperors palace.

A Libral brings Jesus into the conversation. Here is what Jesus said about Adultery: "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart". What says Jesus about a man of Power who shoots his load on the dress of a woman young enough to be his daughter?" Where does Jesus talk about adultery being okay as long as it was 'consensual'?

Let's look how Liberal Elite align with the teachings of Christ
-Help The Poor: Conservative Christians give more directly to the poor while elite Liberals demand more from people to give to the poor. SEE Bush Charity vs. Biden and Kerry. Don't forget the Clintons' writing off Bill's used boxers.
- Forgive the Offender/turn the other cheek: A baker decides not to bake a cake and liberals don't forgive or turn a cheek. They bury the fucker.
- Love thy enemy: The current President stated: "We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us".

- Cast The First Stone: "They Bring a Knife, we Bring a Gun"

- Do Not Set Up Wealth on Earth: What Senator moved his $7M Yacht down river from Massachusetts to Rhode Island to avoid the tax?

Don't every listen to a libral drival about Christ. They are full of shit and simply trying to cherry pick rules to use against conservatives via Alinsky style.

Thanks, you proved the point about conservatives bloviating about how religious they are. You don't hold any high ground and you aren't any more of a 'christian' than anyone else, you just need to believe that because it makes you feel good.

And you go to the default fallback position on every issue for conservatives. "I can provide one or two examples of something that contradict what you say so it covers everything you or anyone else says on the subject and makes you wrong about everything everywhere". Hilarious but sad, it reveals an inability to grasp large issues and make a reasoned argument.

If you lived in the days of Columbus you'd be standing on the shore screaming at him and his crew "we know you will fall off the edge of the Earth because a ship sailed into the Atlantic once and never returned, thus my point is proven beyond doubt and holds true for all things everywhere all the time".

The argument of ignorance, even though it is put forth with great vigor, is an argument of ignorance not withstanding. And who in hell is 'alinsky' and who cares. Seems to be one of your heroes?

Conservatives tend to inculcate their children with religion like the Taliban or other religious groups, while liberals teach more tolerance for varying differences in people? And this is news to whom again?

Jesus Christ's life was about tolerance and forgiveness. Liberals have adopted this philosophy even though they aren't overly religious though most identify as Christians. Conservatives bloviate how 'religious' they are but they only mouth the words, they don't actually put the teachings of Christ into practice; help the poor, forgive the offender, turn the other cheek, love thy enemy, cast the first stone, do not put up wealth on Earth...

If conservatives actually practiced what Jesus taught they'd find themselves far less offended by red cups at Starbucks, or who is standing beside them in the bathroom or in the stall next door, or who is marrying whom, and instead the soup kitchens would be fully manned, people wouldn't be sleeping on the street, and there wouldn't be a single church that looked like a gold encrusted emperors palace.

A Libral brings Jesus into the conversation. Here is what Jesus said about Adultery: "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart". What says Jesus about a man of Power who shoots his load on the dress of a woman young enough to be his daughter?" Where does Jesus talk about adultery being okay as long as it was 'consensual'?

Let's look how Liberal Elite align with the teachings of Christ
-Help The Poor: Conservative Christians give more directly to the poor while elite Liberals demand more from people to give to the poor. SEE Bush Charity vs. Biden and Kerry. Don't forget the Clintons' writing off Bill's used boxers.
- Forgive the Offender/turn the other cheek: A baker decides not to bake a cake and liberals don't forgive or turn a cheek. They bury the fucker.
- Love thy enemy: The current President stated: "We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us".

- Cast The First Stone: "They Bring a Knife, we Bring a Gun"

- Do Not Set Up Wealth on Earth: What Senator moved his $7M Yacht down river from Massachusetts to Rhode Island to avoid the tax?

Don't every listen to a libral drival about Christ. They are full of shit and simply trying to cherry pick rules to use against conservatives via Alinsky style.

Thanks, you proved the point about conservatives bloviating about how religious they are. You don't hold any high ground and you aren't any more of a 'christian' than anyone else, you just need to believe that because it makes you feel good.

And you go to the default fallback position on every issue for conservatives. "I can provide one or two examples of something that contradict what you say so it covers everything you or anyone else says on the subject and makes you wrong about everything everywhere". Hilarious but sad, it reveals an inability to grasp large issues and make a reasoned argument.

If you lived in the days of Columbus you'd be standing on the shore screaming at him and his crew "we know you will fall off the edge of the Earth because a ship sailed into the Atlantic once and never returned, thus my point is proven beyond doubt and holds true for all things everywhere all the time".

The argument of ignorance, even though it is put forth with great vigor, is an argument of ignorance not withstanding. And who in hell is 'alinsky' and who cares. Seems to be one of your heroes?

Well, I guess we won't be seeing any such list anytime soon.

So quit crybabying.

This is a joke, right?

Let's hear it.
Bripat's Telethon for Tanks.

Here, I can help you. The country was never great, it was just once a better fit for people who love Jesus, are white, and have small minds that abhor complexity. They used to rule the place with an iron fist, and now they don't.
Like I said. You just don't get it. I pity you, and those like you.

I don't get what you cannot manage to articulate? Even to point to as a year in our history?

You're right, I don't get that.

Consider this, your vague sense of when things were better, is bullshit and that's why you can manage to define it, even by a period in our history.

Things were so much better once you say. What you can't say is what, when, or why?

Save the pity, for yourself.

I don't get what you cannot manage to articulate? Even to point to as a year in our history?

Consider this, your vague sense of when things were better, is bullshit and that's why you can manage to define it, even by a period in our history.

Things were so much better once you say. What you can't say is what, when, or why?

Whatever makes you feel smug and superior. You still don't get it, and I've already wasted too much of my valuable time on you.

Whatever makes you feel smug and superior. You still don't get it, and I've already wasted too much of my valuable time on you.
You don't have valuable time, obviously, but do this for us and for yourself, this nation you want, think about how to define that and what the hell that actually is, then it won't be some vague felling you have that you say others should have.

This is a joke, right?

Let's hear it.

I don't need to. I know republicans generally stand for "your body, your wallet", while democrats stand for "your work, my pay".

There is a difference between 90% taxation (advocated by the regressive liberals) and <10% (advocated by right). Questions?

Anyway, clearly the left nowadays is regressive and opressive as one can be. Stalin would be proud. This is just one example in a never ending list... they have done the impossible and beaten even the fundamentalist christian right (which at least believed in free economy).

:blahblah:

Paul G. Kengor

I’ve said it before, and I’m hardly alone. Many have observed it. Liberals revere tolerance. They practically worship it. It’s like a religion to them. Well, now comes a study that supports the point.

A new survey by Pew Research finds that when it comes to teaching children, liberals place a far higher priority on teaching “tolerance” than teaching religion. That liberals do this in schools is abundantly clear, but they apparently do it in their homes as well.

In this, Pew finds, liberals are the opposite of conservatives. “The starkest ideological differences [between liberals and conservatives] are over the importance of teaching religious faith,” reports Pew. “Among those who have consistently conservative attitudes across a range of political values, 81 percent think it is especially important for children to be taught religious faith…. Among those with consistently liberal views, just 26 percent rate the teaching of religious faith as especially important, and only 11 percent regard it as among the most important child-rearing qualities.”

Moreover, finds the survey, a staggering 88 percent of “consistently liberal” Americans list tolerance as their most important value in teaching their children.

While this data is significant, it’s also limited. It depends first and foremost on how one defines “tolerance,” and especially how liberals professing tolerance define tolerance.

I believe, in general, that liberals are not actually tolerant. Liberals tolerate only what they what want to tolerate. They tolerate things they agree with—which, of course, isn’t tolerance. Tolerance is about accepting the often-difficult differences between you and someone you strongly disagree with, and respecting that person’s right to an opposing point of view. Obviously, that’s not liberalism. This could be demonstrated multiple ways, but consider two salient examples pervasive in daily headlines: liberals’ behavior regarding same-sex marriage and abortion.

Liberals are relentless in denouncing, demonizing, boycotting, attacking, picketing, prosecuting, suing, fining, and even threatening to jail people who disagree with them on same-sex marriage. If your family owns a barn in New York (or elsewhere) and declines to rent it to a gay couple for a wedding ceremony, because such an arrangement violates your religious beliefs and freedom, liberals will fine you $13,000. If you’re Elaine Photography in New Mexico and beg not to photograph a same-sex wedding, liberals will sue you. If you are the Kleins in Oregon and plead not to make a cake for a same-sex ceremony, you will be picketed, hauled before state commissions, and have your livelihood ruined by liberals. If you are Jack Phillips, a baker in Colorado, or a florist in any number of states, who likewise prefers not to service same-sex events, you will be threatened with imprisonment. If you are the owner of Chick-fil-A or other businesses, and you dare admit that you’re against redefining marriage because you believe your God says you can’t, liberals literally will assert at your death that Jesus is going to send you to hell. I could go on and on with such examples: Mozilla, Craig James, the owner of Barilla pasta, the governor of Arizona, etc., etc., etc.

Liberals refuse to tolerate those who refuse to redefine marriage.

As for abortion, liberals not only refuse to respect your opposition; they insist you pay for their abortions. From Hobby Lobby to the Little Sisters of the Poor, they’re making you pay. If you don’t, you will be fined mightily.

I could go on and on with other examples from other issues. Look at how liberals run the universities, the training grounds for their missionaries of diversity. The faculty at these colleges are 80-90 percent liberal, and conservatives are not only marginalized but often barred from speaking on campus or angrily protested by these self-professing champions of free speech and open-mindedness.

All of this tells us much about liberals, but it especially reveals the phoniness of their claims to “tolerance.”

In truth, what liberals really practice is a selective “tolerance.” And when that selective tolerance doesn’t extend to you and your viewpoint, they tell you that you’re against tolerance, that you’re against diversity, and that you “hate.”

All of which brings me back to the Pew survey. I think it reveals something even deeper. Many liberals have left religion because it doesn’t accord to their definition of what religion (or God) should be. They’ve jettisoned Christianity because certain aspects don’t accord to their worldview. Their Christianity is, at best, a kind of cafeteria Christianity, where they pick and choose the elements of the faith they like and discard those they don’t. It’s a selective Christianity.

Liberals are instead embracing the faith of tolerance. But here, too, it’s a selective faith.

And most ironic, this selective tolerance often excludes the religious—or at least the religious that liberals disagree with.

- See more at: The Liberal Religion of “Tolerance” | The Center for Vision & Values at Grove City College Center for Vision and Values - A conservative think tank promoting truth and liberty through a vision of faith and freedom.

This is a joke, right?

Let's hear it.

I don't need to. I know republicans generally stand for "your body, your wallet", while democrats stand for "your work, my pay".

There is a difference between 90% taxation (advocated by the regressive liberals) and <10% (advocated by right). Questions?

Anyway, clearly the left nowadays is regressive and opressive as one can be. Stalin would be proud. This is just one example...
For all the things the nation and states provide for you, what is a fair rate of taxation?

This is a joke, right?

Let's hear it.

Anyway, clearly the left nowadays is regressive and opressive as one can be. Stalin would be proud. This is just one example...
For all the things the nation and states provide for you, what is a fair rate of taxation?

The state does not provide me a single thing. At most 5%, I am fine with that. Fair rate would be 0% though.

:blahblah:

Paul G. Kengor

I’ve said it before, and I’m hardly alone. Many have observed it. Liberals revere tolerance. They practically worship it. It’s like a religion to them. Well, now comes a study that supports the point.

A new survey by Pew Research finds that when it comes to teaching children, liberals place a far higher priority on teaching “tolerance” than teaching religion. That liberals do this in schools is abundantly clear, but they apparently do it in their homes as well.

In this, Pew finds, liberals are the opposite of conservatives. “The starkest ideological differences [between liberals and conservatives] are over the importance of teaching religious faith,” reports Pew. “Among those who have consistently conservative attitudes across a range of political values, 81 percent think it is especially important for children to be taught religious faith…. Among those with consistently liberal views, just 26 percent rate the teaching of religious faith as especially important, and only 11 percent regard it as among the most important child-rearing qualities.”

Moreover, finds the survey, a staggering 88 percent of “consistently liberal” Americans list tolerance as their most important value in teaching their children.

While this data is significant, it’s also limited. It depends first and foremost on how one defines “tolerance,” and especially how liberals professing tolerance define tolerance.

I believe, in general, that liberals are not actually tolerant. Liberals tolerate only what they what want to tolerate. They tolerate things they agree with—which, of course, isn’t tolerance. Tolerance is about accepting the often-difficult differences between you and someone you strongly disagree with, and respecting that person’s right to an opposing point of view. Obviously, that’s not liberalism. This could be demonstrated multiple ways, but consider two salient examples pervasive in daily headlines: liberals’ behavior regarding same-sex marriage and abortion.

Liberals are relentless in denouncing, demonizing, boycotting, attacking, picketing, prosecuting, suing, fining, and even threatening to jail people who disagree with them on same-sex marriage. If your family owns a barn in New York (or elsewhere) and declines to rent it to a gay couple for a wedding ceremony, because such an arrangement violates your religious beliefs and freedom, liberals will fine you $13,000. If you’re Elaine Photography in New Mexico and beg not to photograph a same-sex wedding, liberals will sue you. If you are the Kleins in Oregon and plead not to make a cake for a same-sex ceremony, you will be picketed, hauled before state commissions, and have your livelihood ruined by liberals. If you are Jack Phillips, a baker in Colorado, or a florist in any number of states, who likewise prefers not to service same-sex events, you will be threatened with imprisonment. If you are the owner of Chick-fil-A or other businesses, and you dare admit that you’re against redefining marriage because you believe your God says you can’t, liberals literally will assert at your death that Jesus is going to send you to hell. I could go on and on with such examples: Mozilla, Craig James, the owner of Barilla pasta, the governor of Arizona, etc., etc., etc.

Liberals refuse to tolerate those who refuse to redefine marriage.

As for abortion, liberals not only refuse to respect your opposition; they insist you pay for their abortions. From Hobby Lobby to the Little Sisters of the Poor, they’re making you pay. If you don’t, you will be fined mightily.

I could go on and on with other examples from other issues. Look at how liberals run the universities, the training grounds for their missionaries of diversity. The faculty at these colleges are 80-90 percent liberal, and conservatives are not only marginalized but often barred from speaking on campus or angrily protested by these self-professing champions of free speech and open-mindedness.

All of this tells us much about liberals, but it especially reveals the phoniness of their claims to “tolerance.”

In truth, what liberals really practice is a selective “tolerance.” And when that selective tolerance doesn’t extend to you and your viewpoint, they tell you that you’re against tolerance, that you’re against diversity, and that you “hate.”

All of which brings me back to the Pew survey. I think it reveals something even deeper. Many liberals have left religion because it doesn’t accord to their definition of what religion (or God) should be. They’ve jettisoned Christianity because certain aspects don’t accord to their worldview. Their Christianity is, at best, a kind of cafeteria Christianity, where they pick and choose the elements of the faith they like and discard those they don’t. It’s a selective Christianity.

Liberals are instead embracing the faith of tolerance. But here, too, it’s a selective faith.

And most ironic, this selective tolerance often excludes the religious—or at least the religious that liberals disagree with.

- See more at: The Liberal Religion of “Tolerance” | The Center for Vision & Values at Grove City College Center for Vision and Values - A conservative think tank promoting truth and liberty through a vision of faith and freedom.
Do you have the mental capacity to speak your own thoughts? Just curious. It would be unfair of me to take advantage of your inability to communicate.

This is a joke, right?

Let's hear it.

The state does not provide me a single thing. At most 5%, I am fine with that. Fair rate would be 0% though.
Roads, bridges, schools, police, fire, courts, parks, hospitals, none of those you use?

Forum List

Back