The Liberal Religion of “Tolerance”

:blahblah:
Do you have the mental capacity to speak your own thoughts? Just curious. It would be unfair of me to take advantage of your inability to communicate.
Well. Since you have nothing to say, you won't mind if I add you to my ignore list. Thanks for giving me advanced notice of your clueless nature. You've saved me a lot of time having to debate nothing.

Only the gutless put people on ignore.
Only someone who is probably on the ignore list of several people would say something like that. Besides, I would be more than happy to debate the guy, but it's obvious that he has nothing to say. What was I supposed to do?

Don't reply. You haven't had anything of value to say so far, but I haven't put you on ignore.
Who are you to judge the value of my contributions to this forum? The guys last two replies to me were...:blahblah: Am I expected to try to engage such a person in meaningful conversation? Besides, I didn't put him on my ignore list. He put himself there by being a clueless moron. Also notice that I didn't put YOU on my ignore list. So what's your problem? I know! Why don't you start a campaign to get admin to remove the ignore list. It will give you something to do besides being a self righteous prick.

Roads, bridges, schools, police, fire, courts, parks, hospitals, none of those you use?

I use all of those, none provided by the incompetent US government.

By the way, if libs had to actually pay for the government services, they would very quickly turn out to not be libs. Nope, they don't actually believe you should pay for govt services, that's a job for the productive non-parasites. Seeing as I didn't even agree to the services, I am absolutely fine with abusing them and paying zero for them.
Okay, who provides those?

Do you say, drive on federal highways? Visit National Parks?

No, I am not currently driving on any federal highways, seeing as I am not even located in the USA. Did you know that USA requires those residing outside to pay taxes as well? That about puts your garbage argument to the garbage can where it belongs. Not that there was any merit even if that wasn't the case.

National parks... my ass. Is this seriously what you use an excuse to confiscate 40/50/60% of people's income?
It's also damn near impossible to renounce your citizenship. Why is that? If someone wants to leave the country, I say let them. I can only suppose that there is a nefarious purpose for not allowing someone to NOT be an American citizen.

"You can always leave" - the epitome of stupid liberal arguments.

Turns out, you can't, and that the regressives widely oppose that to the point of building walls (Soviet Union). Oopsie.
A person wishing to renounce his or her U.S. citizenship must voluntarily and with intent to relinquish U.S. citizenship:
  1. appear in person before a U.S. consular or diplomatic officer,
  2. in a foreign country (normally at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate); and.
  3. sign an oath of renunciation.
More choose to leave the US rather than pay taxes

I use all of those, none provided by the incompetent US government.

By the way, if libs had to actually pay for the government services, they would very quickly turn out to not be libs. Nope, they don't actually believe you should pay for govt services, that's a job for the productive non-parasites. Seeing as I didn't even agree to the services, I am absolutely fine with abusing them and paying zero for them.

No, I am not currently driving on any federal highways, seeing as I am not even located in the USA. Did you know that USA requires those residing outside to pay taxes as well? That about puts your garbage argument to the garbage can where it belongs. Not that there was any merit even if that wasn't the case.

National parks... my ass. Is this seriously what you use an excuse to confiscate 40/50/60% of people's income?
It's also damn near impossible to renounce your citizenship. Why is that? If someone wants to leave the country, I say let them. I can only suppose that there is a nefarious purpose for not allowing someone to NOT be an American citizen.

Turns out, you can't, and that the regressives widely oppose that to the point of building walls (Soviet Union). Oopsie.
A person wishing to renounce his or her U.S. citizenship must voluntarily and with intent to relinquish U.S. citizenship:

Amazing, it looks so simple and easy. Surely anyone is absolutely free to do this and no fees would apply?

Of course not!

Expatriation Tax

In fact, even the form to renounce your citizenship costs over a thousand dollars IIRC, government makes paper very expensive. No wonder Venezuela is out of it.

Sure you always absolutely free to leave, but first we must fuck you in the ass! - The regressive way of doing things.

Amazing, it looks so simple and easy. Surely anyone is absolutely free to do this and no fees would apply?

Of course not!

Expatriation Tax

In fact, even the form to renounce your citizenship costs over a thousand dollars IIRC, government makes paper very expensive. No wonder Venezuela is out of it.

Sure you can always leave, but first let's fuck you in the ass! - The regressive way of doing things.
There is no free lunch.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Of course not!

Expatriation Tax

Sure you can always leave, but first let's fuck you in the ass! - The regressive way of doing things.
There is no free lunch.

Only an immoral thief would call this arrangement just.

Which you of course are, as a regressive. Theft and lies are a virtue par none to them.

Of course not!

Expatriation Tax

There is no free lunch.

Only an immoral thief would call this arrangement just.

Which you of course are, as a regressive. Theft is a virtue to them.
Why should we try and make it cheap to leave here and stop paying for the place that supported and protected you?

You want out, pay up on your way. It's like dumping your cell phone plan early only this plan you were born to.

Unfair? Maybe, but you can still leave, for a price, and that's not unfair.

Last edited:
Here. since you think you are so high and mighty...and using ignore is childish but then....you are a child.
With your insulting ways.

When someone as unintelligent as you have the nerve to post something you posted, it shows your ignorance and foolishness. You back one of the most ignorant and foolish characters in “the Donald.”

He shows no class is the ultimate bigot and also has one of the misogynistic attitudes ever and you make the claim of tolerance.

Don’t flatter yourself thinking you are so damn intelligent because you haven’t the slightest idea of dumb you are.

When I flush the toilet after taking a “trump” I send to the sewer things more intelligent than you.

Paul G. Kengor

I’ve said it before, and I’m hardly alone. Many have observed it. Liberals revere tolerance. They practically worship it. It’s like a religion to them. Well, now comes a study that supports the point.

A new survey by Pew Research finds that when it comes to teaching children, liberals place a far higher priority on teaching “tolerance” than teaching religion. That liberals do this in schools is abundantly clear, but they apparently do it in their homes as well.

In this, Pew finds, liberals are the opposite of conservatives. “The starkest ideological differences [between liberals and conservatives] are over the importance of teaching religious faith,” reports Pew. “Among those who have consistently conservative attitudes across a range of political values, 81 percent think it is especially important for children to be taught religious faith…. Among those with consistently liberal views, just 26 percent rate the teaching of religious faith as especially important, and only 11 percent regard it as among the most important child-rearing qualities.”

Moreover, finds the survey, a staggering 88 percent of “consistently liberal” Americans list tolerance as their most important value in teaching their children.

While this data is significant, it’s also limited. It depends first and foremost on how one defines “tolerance,” and especially how liberals professing tolerance define tolerance.

I believe, in general, that liberals are not actually tolerant. Liberals tolerate only what they what want to tolerate. They tolerate things they agree with—which, of course, isn’t tolerance. Tolerance is about accepting the often-difficult differences between you and someone you strongly disagree with, and respecting that person’s right to an opposing point of view. Obviously, that’s not liberalism. This could be demonstrated multiple ways, but consider two salient examples pervasive in daily headlines: liberals’ behavior regarding same-sex marriage and abortion.

Liberals are relentless in denouncing, demonizing, boycotting, attacking, picketing, prosecuting, suing, fining, and even threatening to jail people who disagree with them on same-sex marriage. If your family owns a barn in New York (or elsewhere) and declines to rent it to a gay couple for a wedding ceremony, because such an arrangement violates your religious beliefs and freedom, liberals will fine you $13,000. If you’re Elaine Photography in New Mexico and beg not to photograph a same-sex wedding, liberals will sue you. If you are the Kleins in Oregon and plead not to make a cake for a same-sex ceremony, you will be picketed, hauled before state commissions, and have your livelihood ruined by liberals. If you are Jack Phillips, a baker in Colorado, or a florist in any number of states, who likewise prefers not to service same-sex events, you will be threatened with imprisonment. If you are the owner of Chick-fil-A or other businesses, and you dare admit that you’re against redefining marriage because you believe your God says you can’t, liberals literally will assert at your death that Jesus is going to send you to hell. I could go on and on with such examples: Mozilla, Craig James, the owner of Barilla pasta, the governor of Arizona, etc., etc., etc.

Liberals refuse to tolerate those who refuse to redefine marriage.

As for abortion, liberals not only refuse to respect your opposition; they insist you pay for their abortions. From Hobby Lobby to the Little Sisters of the Poor, they’re making you pay. If you don’t, you will be fined mightily.

I could go on and on with other examples from other issues. Look at how liberals run the universities, the training grounds for their missionaries of diversity. The faculty at these colleges are 80-90 percent liberal, and conservatives are not only marginalized but often barred from speaking on campus or angrily protested by these self-professing champions of free speech and open-mindedness.

All of this tells us much about liberals, but it especially reveals the phoniness of their claims to “tolerance.”

In truth, what liberals really practice is a selective “tolerance.” And when that selective tolerance doesn’t extend to you and your viewpoint, they tell you that you’re against tolerance, that you’re against diversity, and that you “hate.”

All of which brings me back to the Pew survey. I think it reveals something even deeper. Many liberals have left religion because it doesn’t accord to their definition of what religion (or God) should be. They’ve jettisoned Christianity because certain aspects don’t accord to their worldview. Their Christianity is, at best, a kind of cafeteria Christianity, where they pick and choose the elements of the faith they like and discard those they don’t. It’s a selective Christianity.

Liberals are instead embracing the faith of tolerance. But here, too, it’s a selective faith.

And most ironic, this selective tolerance often excludes the religious—or at least the religious that liberals disagree with.

- See more at: The Liberal Religion of “Tolerance” | The Center for Vision & Values at Grove City College Center for Vision and Values - A conservative think tank promoting truth and liberty through a vision of faith and freedom.
Do you have the mental capacity to speak your own thoughts? Just curious. It would be unfair of me to take advantage of your inability to communicate.
Well. Since you have nothing to say, you won't mind if I add you to my ignore list. Thanks for giving me advanced notice of your clueless nature. You've saved me a lot of time having to debate nothing.

Last edited:
For stupid fuck lutroo

When someone as unintelligent as you have the nerve to post something you posted, it shows your ignorance and foolishness. You back one of the most ignorant and foolish characters in “the Donald.”

He shows no class is the ultimate bigot and also misogynistic attitude ever and you make the claim of tolerance.

Don’t flatter yourself thinking you are so damn intelligent because you haven’t the slightest idea of dumb you are.

When I flush the toilet after taking a “trump” I send to the sewer things more intelligent than you.

What about them? What do you think we should do?
My definition of a leftist is someone who is opposed to everything that made this country great. For whatever reason, they hate America and what it stands for. These people are the enemy, They should be dealt with by whatever means are necessary to protect our freedoms.

Well that was a broad brush with no specifies. What is it you believe "made this country great" that "leftists" are opposed to? What do you believe "leftists" hate about American and what it "stands for"? Be specific if you can.
Why should I waste my time explaining something that should be self evident? If you don't already know what made this country great, then I don't see the need to educate you. Likewise, if you are not aware of those who dream of destroying America, and what motivates them, then it is likely that you are one them or one of their countless useful idiots.

See, I don't think it stopped being great. I think it's spectacular now.

Articulate what is no longer great in your opinion and EXACTLY what you believe "leftists" want to destroy. Stop talking in vague generalities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't get it. And if you believe that things are going great, then you are beyond any hope being cured by a clue stick. Enjoy your clueless life. I, and others like me, will be trying to fix the mess people like you allowed to happen.

Gosh, I'm overwhelmed my all the specifics in yet another of your responses. (That was sarcasm, BTW).

Try. Try to articulate one single thing that supports your broad generalities about "leftists".

Or just admit you were talking out your ass and can't actually come up with anything.

Here. since you think you are so high and mighty...and using ignore is childish but then....you are a child.

He shows no class is the ultimate bigot and also misogynistic attitude ever and you make the claim of tolerance.

[/QUOTE]
This is a perfect example of just how clueless you are. I never said that I support Trump. There are several things I don't like about him. But I would vote for him, in a heartbeat, if it meant keeping that harridan out of the Oval Office.

And just in case you haven't figured it out yet, I don't care what you think. So quit bothering me!

Another non-starter
images
Name a conservative who wants slavery to be legal again.....
The 20% of Trump voters who still approve it of, and anyone who thinks the South should have won.

And you can back this up? Seriously, show where 20% want to reestablish slavery. Fucking psycho.

Exit Poll Says 20 Percent of Trump Supporters are Pro-Slavery?

I agree...about 20% of Trump supporters are fucking psycho, the remaining 80% just plain psycho.

What abject nutbaggery... nobody is "pro" slavery. My God you folks are desperate.
Nobody is pro slavery? You're certain? Are you also willing to say nobody is pro abortion?

So what's your takeaway from the poll?

My definition of a leftist is someone who is opposed to everything that made this country great. For whatever reason, they hate America and what it stands for. These people are the enemy, They should be dealt with by whatever means are necessary to protect our freedoms.

Well that was a broad brush with no specifies. What is it you believe "made this country great" that "leftists" are opposed to? What do you believe "leftists" hate about American and what it "stands for"? Be specific if you can.
Why should I waste my time explaining something that should be self evident? If you don't already know what made this country great, then I don't see the need to educate you. Likewise, if you are not aware of those who dream of destroying America, and what motivates them, then it is likely that you are one them or one of their countless useful idiots.

Articulate what is no longer great in your opinion and EXACTLY what you believe "leftists" want to destroy. Stop talking in vague generalities.

If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't get it. And if you believe that things are going great, then you are beyond any hope being cured by a clue stick. Enjoy your clueless life. I, and others like me, will be trying to fix the mess people like you allowed to happen.

Gosh, I'm overwhelmed my all the specifics in yet another of your responses. (That was sarcasm, BTW).

Try. Try to articulate one single thing that supports your broad generalities about "leftists".

Or just admit you were talking out your ass and can't actually come up with anything.

Your desperate rants are becoming annoying. You know perfectly well what I'm talking about. Answer this question. Depending on your answer, I MIGHT deign to speak to you again.

Do you believe in American exceptionalism?

A simple yes or no is all I need.

Your desperate rants are becoming annoying. You know perfectly well what I'm talking about. Answer this question. Depending on your answer, I MIGHT deign to speak to you again.

Do you believe in American exceptionalism?

A simple yes or no is all I need.

I'm sorry that asking you for specifics is "annoying you". I'm guessing what is REALLY annoying you is that you can't actually articulate your point.

Why can't you come up with this fantasy timeframe of when "America was great"? Why is it so difficult for you to name a single thing "leftists" have, AS YOU ARE CLAIMING, done to make America not great according to you?

I already told you that I think America is great. We can do better, but we're pretty awesome.

Sure!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay stupid and ignorant.
Bother you! You breathing is a bother.
Doesn't it suck when someone berates you. So stay out of "the donalds" camp and off your knees.

This is a perfect example of just how clueless you are. I never said that I support Trump. There are several things I don't like about him. But I would vote for him, in a heartbeat, if it meant keeping that harridan out of the Oval Office.

And just in case you haven't figured it out yet, I don't care what you think. So quit bothering me![/QUOTE]

Paul G. Kengor

I’ve said it before, and I’m hardly alone. Many have observed it. Liberals revere tolerance. They practically worship it. It’s like a religion to them. Well, now comes a study that supports the point.

A new survey by Pew Research finds that when it comes to teaching children, liberals place a far higher priority on teaching “tolerance” than teaching religion. That liberals do this in schools is abundantly clear, but they apparently do it in their homes as well.

In this, Pew finds, liberals are the opposite of conservatives. “The starkest ideological differences [between liberals and conservatives] are over the importance of teaching religious faith,” reports Pew. “Among those who have consistently conservative attitudes across a range of political values, 81 percent think it is especially important for children to be taught religious faith…. Among those with consistently liberal views, just 26 percent rate the teaching of religious faith as especially important, and only 11 percent regard it as among the most important child-rearing qualities.”

Moreover, finds the survey, a staggering 88 percent of “consistently liberal” Americans list tolerance as their most important value in teaching their children.

While this data is significant, it’s also limited. It depends first and foremost on how one defines “tolerance,” and especially how liberals professing tolerance define tolerance.

I believe, in general, that liberals are not actually tolerant. Liberals tolerate only what they what want to tolerate. They tolerate things they agree with—which, of course, isn’t tolerance. Tolerance is about accepting the often-difficult differences between you and someone you strongly disagree with, and respecting that person’s right to an opposing point of view. Obviously, that’s not liberalism. This could be demonstrated multiple ways, but consider two salient examples pervasive in daily headlines: liberals’ behavior regarding same-sex marriage and abortion.

Liberals are relentless in denouncing, demonizing, boycotting, attacking, picketing, prosecuting, suing, fining, and even threatening to jail people who disagree with them on same-sex marriage. If your family owns a barn in New York (or elsewhere) and declines to rent it to a gay couple for a wedding ceremony, because such an arrangement violates your religious beliefs and freedom, liberals will fine you $13,000. If you’re Elaine Photography in New Mexico and beg not to photograph a same-sex wedding, liberals will sue you. If you are the Kleins in Oregon and plead not to make a cake for a same-sex ceremony, you will be picketed, hauled before state commissions, and have your livelihood ruined by liberals. If you are Jack Phillips, a baker in Colorado, or a florist in any number of states, who likewise prefers not to service same-sex events, you will be threatened with imprisonment. If you are the owner of Chick-fil-A or other businesses, and you dare admit that you’re against redefining marriage because you believe your God says you can’t, liberals literally will assert at your death that Jesus is going to send you to hell. I could go on and on with such examples: Mozilla, Craig James, the owner of Barilla pasta, the governor of Arizona, etc., etc., etc.

Liberals refuse to tolerate those who refuse to redefine marriage.

As for abortion, liberals not only refuse to respect your opposition; they insist you pay for their abortions. From Hobby Lobby to the Little Sisters of the Poor, they’re making you pay. If you don’t, you will be fined mightily.

I could go on and on with other examples from other issues. Look at how liberals run the universities, the training grounds for their missionaries of diversity. The faculty at these colleges are 80-90 percent liberal, and conservatives are not only marginalized but often barred from speaking on campus or angrily protested by these self-professing champions of free speech and open-mindedness.

All of this tells us much about liberals, but it especially reveals the phoniness of their claims to “tolerance.”

In truth, what liberals really practice is a selective “tolerance.” And when that selective tolerance doesn’t extend to you and your viewpoint, they tell you that you’re against tolerance, that you’re against diversity, and that you “hate.”

All of which brings me back to the Pew survey. I think it reveals something even deeper. Many liberals have left religion because it doesn’t accord to their definition of what religion (or God) should be. They’ve jettisoned Christianity because certain aspects don’t accord to their worldview. Their Christianity is, at best, a kind of cafeteria Christianity, where they pick and choose the elements of the faith they like and discard those they don’t. It’s a selective Christianity.

Liberals are instead embracing the faith of tolerance. But here, too, it’s a selective faith.

And most ironic, this selective tolerance often excludes the religious—or at least the religious that liberals disagree with.

- See more at: The Liberal Religion of “Tolerance” | The Center for Vision & Values at Grove City College Center for Vision and Values - A conservative think tank promoting truth and liberty through a vision of faith and freedom.
You just used a whole lot of words to say Liberals don't tolerate intolerance. Which is true. Get over it.

This is a joke, right?

I know you have exceptionally low IQ, but damn...

Design us a country that exists without taxation, genius.

Let's hear it.

I don't need to. I know republicans generally stand for "your body, your wallet", while democrats stand for "your work, my pay".

There is a difference between 90% taxation (advocated by the regressive liberals) and <10% (advocated by right). Questions?

Anyway, clearly the left nowadays is regressive and opressive as one can be. Stalin would be proud. This is just one example...
For all the things the nation and states provide for you, what is a fair rate of taxation?

The state does not provide me a single thing. At most 5%, I am fine with that. Fair rate would be 0% though.
Roads, bridges, schools, police, fire, courts, parks, hospitals, none of those you use?
I think those who spout that they shouldn't pay any taxes be allowed to not pay any taxes. But if they are caught using any of these services they should be fined 20x what their taxes would be. It would shut their nonsense up pretty quick.

Design us a country that exists without taxation, genius.

Let's hear it.

I don't need to. I know republicans generally stand for "your body, your wallet", while democrats stand for "your work, my pay".

There is a difference between 90% taxation (advocated by the regressive liberals) and <10% (advocated by right). Questions?

Anyway, clearly the left nowadays is regressive and opressive as one can be. Stalin would be proud. This is just one example...
For all the things the nation and states provide for you, what is a fair rate of taxation?

The state does not provide me a single thing. At most 5%, I am fine with that. Fair rate would be 0% though.
I think those who spout that they shouldn't pay any taxes be allowed to not pay any taxes. But if they are caught using any of these services they should be fined 20x what their taxes would be. It would shut their nonsense up pretty quick.
Well that would take roughly ten minutes, just long enough for them to go out to the mailbox to check for their monthly check.

Forum List

Back