The Legendary Bon Scott Says The Sex Pistols Were Crap

And they were.

3:40 on...

Punk is attitude not music. IMO

The Stranglers are the only punk band I would call pleasing because many of their punk songs were melodic and creative. And, no, I have not exhausted the inventory of punk songs, so I admit I have missed a few likely diamonds in the rough obnoxious collection.

Full disclosure: I am equally turned off by a majority of hard rock music too. The difference between great hard rock compositions and the rest is a very large abyss.

And they were.

3:40 on...

Punk is attitude not music. IMO

The Stranglers are the only punk band I would call pleasing because many of their punk songs were melodic and creative. And, no, I have not exhausted the inventory of punk songs, so I admit I have missed a few likely diamonds in the rough obnoxious collection.

Full disclosure: I am equally turned off by a majority of hard rock music too. The difference between great hard rock compositions and the rest is a very large abyss.

SAW the Stranglers live at a medium sized venue, & were pleasantly good live, more power behind it then recordings.
Some of the Pistols were not true musicians, but their songs were great anyway.
I still sing Anarchy in the UK just like Johnny Lydon and will do so into my 90's just to see the open jaw faces of the younger crowd. *L*
Snout thinks they stink cause he likes Abba and secretly listens to Christian Rock & pop tunes. *Lol*

turzovka,
you might like early Ultravox then.
Mixed synth & rock genre like the Stranglers.

And here is the marketing genius who made that band possible.

WTH Vicious admitted to stabbing his girl friend but never had to go on trial for murder.

Sid Vicious - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On the morning of 12 October 1978, Vicious claimed to have awoken from a drugged stupor to find Nancy Spungen dead on the bathroom floor of their room in the Hotel Chelsea in Manhattan, New York. She had suffered a single stab wound to her abdomen and appeared to have bled to death. The knife used had been bought by Vicious on 42nd Street and was identical to a "007" flip-knife given to punk rock vocalist Stiv Bators of the Dead Boys by Dee Dee Ramone. According to Dee Dee's wife at the time, Vera King Ramone, Vicious had bought the knife after seeing Stiv's.[21] Vicious was arrested and charged with her murder.[22] He said they had fought that night but gave conflicting versions of what happened next, saying, "I stabbed her, but I never meant to kill her", then saying that he did not remember and at one point during the argument Spungen had fallen onto the knife.

I think they had already kicked him out of the band for his being incoherant all the time.
Story of most major bands dealing with that exact issue.
Nancy was from my city, I've met people who knew her before Sid ruined her.
Sid was always known to have psychotic issues, just shows you what happens when nobody get's involved to help do something about it. (Orlando case in point).
I have had laws changed over this issue.
Now my state allows police and judges to recommend and order state mental exams for institutionalization instead of just parents.
This was to increase their ability in protection of it's citizens.

Forum List

Back