The Left: We Need To Use Plastic Bags To Save Trees And The Environment

I've always thought it to be humorous that the very people who can't even balance a budget want everyone to trust them to lead the charge to save the planet.

It's hilarious.

Darned hippies....

So you're claiming that there was no push to stop using paper bags because it was destroying the forests? Just because it worked out financially for the grocery stores doesn't mean there wasn't a big push to end using paper bags.

Not that I recall.

not really sure your link supports your case. It list a good half a dozen reason paper bags were bad.

I never had an opinion about good/bad for either side, I was merely stating that there was a war against paper bags by the environmentalists back in the day that contributed to them not being used any longer.

I never had an opinion about good/bad for either side, I was merely stating that there was a war against paper bags by the environmentalists back in the day that contributed to them not being used any longer.

I could agree it contributed to them not being used any longer, but I do not feel it was ever the main reason they were replaced.

Oh, wait a minute, we discovered plastic bags pollute the environment. Guess we were wrong. Bring back the paper bags because we were wrong on this one. But, we're right about everything else. Just trust us.

During COVID lockdowns the State of New Mexico outlawed plastic bags in grocery stores and required use of paper bags. The reusable grocery bags were forbidden because of possible COVID contamination.

Grocery checkers/sackers hated the paper bags and went home every day with moderately painful paper cuts. Those of us with bad backs and other physical limitations hated them because they were invariably three or four times as heavy as the much smaller plastic bags that couldn't hold as much, and they piled up at home.

And then miraculously the plastic bags were allowed again but the store encouraged us to bring them back for recycling now and then which we do. And the grocery store personnel and the people rejoiced even as we demand proper use and disposal of the bags to make the adverse effects much less.

Forum List

Back