The Left: We Need To Use Plastic Bags To Save Trees And The Environment

Independent thinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
Oh, wait a minute, we discovered plastic bags pollute the environment. Guess we were wrong. Bring back the paper bags because we were wrong on this one. But, we're right about everything else. Just trust us.

I use cloth bags. Do you?

If everyone quit using plastic, plastic would not disappear. Plastic will always exist, as a certain percentage in a barrel of oil. If we did not use plastic, produce plastic, then it would be left over after refining and we would have to burn the chemicals or frack them back into the ground.

Connecticut charges a dime for plastic bags. I refuse to pay and I dont bring my own bags into the store.

I say bringing your bags from home, brings germs, dirt, filth, little critters, bugs, into the supermarket. Depending on how one lives.

Either way, the Democrats are all about money, control, destroying our way of living.

Oh, wait a minute, we discovered plastic bags pollute the environment. Guess we were wrong. Bring back the paper bags because we were wrong on this one. But, we're right about everything else. Just trust us.

Several comedians have opined on the idiocy of putting dog poo in a plastic bag. why put one of the most biodegradable substances on Earth in a bag that will NEVER degrade before trashing it?

I do not recall anyone saying we had to use plastic bags to save the environment, do you have a link.

The city I just moved out of voted in a 10 cents per bag tax for all plastic bags at any store. It is a minor cost but I now use nothing but reusable bags when i shop even if I am not shopping in that city.

It was a good thing and I am glad I voted for it.

Several comedians have opined on the idiocy of putting dog poo in a plastic bag. why put one of the most biodegradable substances on Earth in a bag that will NEVER degrade before trashing it?

We use biodegradable bags for ours. What is the other option when walking your dog, just leave their shit in someone's yard?

We use biodegradable bags for ours. What is the other option when walking your dog, just leave their shit in someone's yard?
How about bagging it, taking it to a collection center, dumping it from the bag?

Nah, people are too lazy to do that.

Plastic bags would not be so bad if people would just make sure they get in the garbage. Instead I see them blowing around the island before they inevitably end up in the water. Apparently these Georgia redneck tourists think it's their God-given right to use the world for a trashcan.

They are made from petroleum and are not biodegradable fro a really long time.

Did you read the question I responded to?

Oh, wait a minute, we discovered plastic bags pollute the environment. Guess we were wrong.

You are saying we were not wrong.

Why are you letting your dog shit in someone's yard to start with?

That said picking up dog shit has to be the most degrading thing a human can do.
When my dog was alive I walked him in the park near my home. The park was very near the high school. Kids would race through that park on their bikes.

I was carrying a used plastic bag from the local bakery as my poop bag. Being a conscientious person I picked up random dog poop. My bag had a goodly amount. Without warning a high school boy tore by me snatching my bakery bag and stuffing it into his jacket. He turned laughing "Thanks, bitch.") He thought he got away with my pastries.

Forum List

Back