The Issue Everyone's Dancing Around Is Media Coverage Favors Obama

Sure it does...it has a corporate media bias

Who Owns the Media?

Massive corporations dominate the U.S. media landscape. Through a history of mergers and acquisitions, these companies have concentrated their control over what we see, hear and read. In many cases, these companies are vertically integrated, controlling everything from initial production to final distribution. In the interactive charts below we reveal who owns what.

Here one...

Bain Capital/Thomas H. Lee Partners (Clear Channel)

2011 Revenue: $6.2 billion

Company Overview: These private equity firms own Clear Channel, the largest radio station owner in the country. Approximately half of the company's revenue is generated from radio broadcasting. The remaining half comes from advertising companies and other investments.

Radio: 866 radio stations and Premiere Radio Networks (a national radio network that produces, distributes or represents approximately 90 syndicated radio programs, serves nearly 5,800 radio station affiliates and has over 213 million weekly listeners. Programs include the Rush Limbaugh Show, Glenn Beck and the Sean Hannity Show); Fox Sports Radio; Fox News Radio; Australian Radio Network

Other: Katz Media (radio advertising broker); American Outdoor Advertising

The mainstream media isn't Clear Channel. AM radio (Wow.....what a threat)

Clear Channel represents the alternative media.

The Mainstream Media is owned by companies like Viacom, Gannett, NBC Universal. NBC works out of a building owned by GE called the Rockefeller Center. The FCC is run by the Obama Administration. Anyone who's license is coming up for renewal this year had to meet their standards of fairness or lose their licenses.

Most media outlets are headquartered out of New York, a liberal state, and Washington D.C. and extremely liberal city.

205px-Viacom_logo.svg.png

Viacom - CBS, BET, MTV, Paramount Pictures, Showtime, Dreamworks, Microsoft, Simon & Schuster, 170 media networks reaching more than 600 million global subscribers and more than 500 branded digital media properties.

They produce the Daily Show, The Colbert Report, MTV programs including Bill Maher, Comedy Central, Nickelodean, and Spike channel. Viacom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of conglomerates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

150px-Gannett_Logo.jpg

Gannett - USA Today, The Arizona Republic in Phoenix, Arizona. Other significant newspapers include The Indianapolis Star, The Cincinnati Enquirer, The Tennessean in Nashville, Tennessee, The Courier-Journal in Louisville, Kentucky, the Democrat and Chronicle in Rochester, NY, The Des Moines Register, the Detroit Free Press and The News-Press in Fort Myers.

Gannett owns 23 television stations through Gannett Broadcasting Inc. the largest group owner of NBC-affiliated stations.

How does getting your nuts kicked feel bud........?

707473_o.gif

Apparently Mudwhistle likes it rough. Groce.

You've done the unforgivable.

You've posted FACTS.

The mainstream media isn't Clear Channel. AM radio (Wow.....what a threat)

Clear Channel represents the alternative media.

The Mainstream Media is owned by companies like Viacom, Gannett, NBC Universal. NBC works out of a building owned by GE called the Rockefeller Center. The FCC is run by the Obama Administration. Anyone who's license is coming up for renewal this year had to meet their standards of fairness or lose their licenses.

Most media outlets are headquartered out of New York, a liberal state, and Washington D.C. and extremely liberal city.

205px-Viacom_logo.svg.png

Viacom - CBS, BET, MTV, Paramount Pictures, Showtime, Dreamworks, Microsoft, Simon & Schuster, 170 media networks reaching more than 600 million global subscribers and more than 500 branded digital media properties.

They produce the Daily Show, The Colbert Report, MTV programs including Bill Maher, Comedy Central, Nickelodean, and Spike channel. Viacom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of conglomerates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

150px-Gannett_Logo.jpg

Gannett - USA Today, The Arizona Republic in Phoenix, Arizona. Other significant newspapers include The Indianapolis Star, The Cincinnati Enquirer, The Tennessean in Nashville, Tennessee, The Courier-Journal in Louisville, Kentucky, the Democrat and Chronicle in Rochester, NY, The Des Moines Register, the Detroit Free Press and The News-Press in Fort Myers.

Gannett owns 23 television stations through Gannett Broadcasting Inc. the largest group owner of NBC-affiliated stations.

How does getting your nuts kicked feel bud........?

707473_o.gif

Apparently Mudwhistle likes it rough. Groce.

You've done the unforgivable.

You've posted FACTS.

Thank you.

Course I usually do.

The Issue Everyone's Dancing Around Is Media Coverage Favors Obama

No one is ‘dancing around’ anything, as this is a non-issue.

As already noted, research has demonstrated that the press concerning Obama and Romney is equally negative.

If Romney loses it will be because of Romney, not because Obama gets better press, because the debate mods didn't ask the right questions, or any other nonsense.

Correct.

It’s time for conservatives to stop whining and take personal responsibility for a change.

As with voter ‘fraud,’ the inane notion of the ‘liberal biased media’ is a contrived rightist myth.

Ever get the feeling you're going nowhere????

running-cat-animated-gif.gif

Anyone claiming that the media isn't biased is simply wasting their time.

Mar 23, 2010 12:19pm

David Frum on GOP: Now We Work for Fox

Prominent conservative David Frum, former speechwriter to President George W. Bush, has raised some eyebrows in the past 36 hours with an assault on the Republican approach — particularly on the airwaves — to fighting health care reform. It began with this blog post Sunday that declared the historic moment the Republican Waterloo.

Among the comments Frum made to "Nightline" was the assertion that "nobody ever won an election by spitting at his political opponents" and that "anger trapped the [Republican] leadership." But it was this exchange, which you can see starting at the 2:20 mark, that is generating some buzz today:

Moran: "It sounds like you're saying that the Glenn Becks, the Rush Limbaughs, hijacked the Republican party and drove it to a defeat?"

Frum: "Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us and now we're discovering we work for Fox. And this balance here has been completely reversed. The thing that sustains a strong Fox network is the thing that undermines a strong Republican party."

Prominent conservative David Frum, former speechwriter to President George W. Bush, has raised some eyebrows in the past 36 hours with an assault on the Republican approach — particularly on the airwaves — to fighting health care reform. It began with this blog post Sunday that declared the historic moment the Republican Waterloo.

Among the comments Frum made to "Nightline" was the assertion that "nobody ever won an election by spitting at his political opponents" and that "anger trapped the [Republican] leadership." But it was this exchange, which you can see starting at the 2:20 mark, that is generating some buzz today:

Moran: "It sounds like you're saying that the Glenn Becks, the Rush Limbaughs, hijacked the Republican party and drove it to a defeat?"

Frum: "Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us and now we're discovering we work for Fox. And this balance here has been completely reversed. The thing that sustains a strong Fox network is the thing that undermines a strong Republican party."

Fox caters to middle of the road viewers. They cater to folks that like their coverage balanced. The biggest beef the left has with Fox is it dares to cover stories CBS, NBC, and CNN wouldn't touch with a 10 meter cattle-prod.

NBC has gone full blown leftist with a lot of homosexuality thrown in. CNN has always been anti-American in their coverage. They're almost as much a threat to render aid to our enemies as they are to castigate the United States as a whole. NBC and CNN are conducting a war on white heterosexual males and CBS has had a war with the Bush family for decades.

Last edited:
Does 'the media' have any obligation to be unbiased, left OR right?

Only if they insist on calling themselves a news source rather than merely entertainment.

Maybe you just don't like the truth. You can always turn on Fox News to hear the propaganda and dogma you crave.

"The propaganda coming out of Fox News is at the same level as Pravda"
Ray McGovern - retired CIA agent whose expertise was the old Soviet Union and the Eastern Bloc countries

But I suspect most Russians knew Pravda was propaganda.

Only if they insist on calling themselves a news source rather than merely entertainment.

Maybe you just don't like the truth. You can always turn on Fox News to hear the propaganda and dogma you crave.

Ray McGovern - retired CIA agent whose expertise was the old Soviet Union and the Eastern Bloc countries

Funny, since the left learned their tactics from communists, you would try to project it onto Fox.

People turn to Fox when they get tired of hearing BS being passed off as news.

The left hates Fox simply because they don't go in lock-step with the rest of the state-run media.

You fucken tools aren't happy with having 80-90% of all media sources pumping out your garbage, you want to own it all. That's why you can't stand Fox.

Last edited:

Has anyone said that?

I never have. Just the opposite. Have posted here that there is no such thing as a unbiased position. Gawd, that's why I watch so damn much fux that I'm sure I'm cutting years off my intellectual life. I could be a drug addict and not do as much damage to my brain as I do with a half hour of those assholes. And, to think, cretin rw's don't mind a bit that what they see is controlled by a MUSLIM ARAB PRINCE.

No wonder you're all so dam brain dead that you actually believe Mittens is a reasonable candidate for prez. Jeez - you're the same idiots who voted for ReaganBushBush.

That really says a lot.

Has anyone said that?

I never have. Just the opposite. Have posted here that there is no such thing as a unbiased position. Gawd, that's why I watch so damn much fux that I'm sure I'm cutting years off my intellectual life. I could be a drug addict and not do as much damage to my brain as I do with a half hour of those assholes. And, to think, cretin rw's don't mind a bit that what they see is controlled by a MUSLIM ARAB PRINCE.

No wonder you're all so dam brain dead that you actually believe Mittens is a reasonable candidate for prez. Jeez - you're the same idiots who voted for ReaganBushBush.

That really says a lot.

If you're going to the TV to become more intelligent I think you're gonna end up retarded.

And the reason I think Mitt is a reasonable candidate is because I've seen your shit-for-brains President and the way he operates for almost 4 years. You have to admit, just about anyone looks competent in comparison. You know it just as much as anyone. Right about now you wish you had Hillary or Bill in there.

Fox caters to middle of the road viewers. They cater to folks that like their coverage balanced. The biggest beef the left has with Fox is it dares to cover stories CBS, NBC, and CNN wouldn't touch with a 10 meter cattle-prod.

NBC has gone full blown leftist with a lot of homosexuality thrown in. CNN has always been anti-American in their coverage. They're almost as much a threat to render aid to our enemies as they are to castigate the United States as a whole. NBC and CNN are conducting a war on white heterosexual males and CBS has had a war with the Bush family for decades.

You're just another rw kool aid drinker.

Why bother to think when lushbo, brietbart and beck do it for you.

You're just another rw kool aid drinker.

Why bother to think when lushbo, brietbart and beck do it for you.

I take everything they say with a grain of salt. You, however, lap up the intellectually dense arguments of the Obama Administration and act like it's real.

For example:

You think jobs are created by taxing the rich
You think the debt can be cut by hiring more government employees like police, teachers, and firefighters
You think that the GOP wants to take away women's birth control
You think that the GOP wants dirty air and dirty water
You think that when Obama steals $750 billion dollars from Medicare he's trying to save it
You think that the GM takeover wasn't an abuse of power
You think that killing Osama Bin Laden was a foreign policy triumph of diplomacy
You think that unemployment benefits help grow the economy
You think that Romney is responsible for the death of a steelworker's wife
You think that Fox is a threat to national security
You think that Obama is making us more energy independent
You think that an 80 year old Grandma in the Tea Party is more violent than a Molotov cocktail thrower in the OWS
You think that if Obama gets 4 more years he'll get serious and finally do his job

Last edited:
[

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

And he's probably really serious!

Frum: "Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us and now we're discovering weight work for Fox. And this balance here has been completely reversed. The thing that sustains a strong Fox network is the thing that undermines a strong Republican party."

Lol....

[

That's what made it twice as funny,IMO.

Maybe? He hasn't been honest about anything in the few years I've seen his posts. He indicating that the killing of OBL was a "mistake" and of course that Obama gets no credit for it. The dishonesty of the GOP isn't shocking; the depths it has sunk to is though.

[

That's what made it twice as funny,IMO.

Until you contemplate that there are people who really think like that, and they have government jobs.

Yup, truth, facts favor Obama...Pub dupes. Memorize my sig. And assume the position, twits and fools. 55%+ aren't that dumb.

"Eighty percent of Republicans are just Democrats that don't know what's going on"
-Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Forum List

Back