The Islamophobes are going to hate this

The simple fact remains (regardless if individuals may differ) that the left loves to defend Islam and loves to bash christianity. It may not be intentional, but it is most certainly the general impression the left is giving to outsiders.

Deal with it.

Do I need to provide the definition of fact?

Most of the time the victim types like you think anyone who doesn't hate muslims for being muslim is an "Islam defender" and anyone who doesn't want the 10 Commandments posted in every City Hall is a "Christianity basher."

What you are saying is that you are a bigot who pre-judges everyone. I don't want the ten commandments on any public property unless it is in accordance with court rulings. My problem with Islam is not the people, many of whom have not even read the Koran. My problem is the Koran and Islamic history. You didn't answer the question.

I pre-judge no one. I'm saying the victim types like the other poster who's whining about "leftists" is flat out wrong on all accounts.

I don't see a lot of christian bashing in this country that demands everyone who run for office HAS to be christian above all else, above all their stances on issues. However when i do see it it's not normally out of fear, when I see muslim bashing it's normally out of fear. People babbling about sharia law coming here, we gotta kill them before they kill us, bla bla bla.

Lots of words being put in my mouth. Allow me to explain:

It was just an observation. The OP mentioned something about Islamaphobes. Im assuming the OP has a leftist stance because it is typically the left that uses the term islamaphobe.

So that got me to thinking. I've noticed the left absolutely loves to support Muslims ANY chance they get. It's encouraged and "cool" for Lefties to support Islam because it's an opportunity to prove how tolerant, loving, and inclusive one is. I don't read a ton of political commentary of the internets, but you would be lying to yourself if you denied the fact that the left loves to support Muslims.

You'd also be lying to yourself if you denied the fact that Lefties (I'm talking about today's Lefties and the majority not every single one) like to ridicule and put down Christianity. If you seriously can not see this, then you need to step back and look at the big picture again. Because that is in fact the impression the left, as a whole, is giving an outsider to American politics. Period.

So I was just wondering why. The only conclusion I cam come up with, since both are Abrahamic religions and Islam is far more oppressive today, is that most of the Muslins are Brown. The left ALWAYS supports Brown people no matter how many women they stone (unless, of course, the join the Republican Party--then they are traders or Uncle Toms).

It a valid observation and question.

Oracle, stop being a grammar Nazi. Thanks.

Repped

The simple fact remains (regardless if individuals may differ) that the left loves to defend Islam and loves to bash christianity. It may not be intentional, but it is most certainly the general impression the left is giving to outsiders.

Deal with it.

Most of the time the victim types like you think anyone who doesn't hate muslims for being muslim is an "Islam defender" and anyone who doesn't want the 10 Commandments poste
d in every City Hall is a "Christianity basher."

Now you are drawing conclusions about me and resorting to personal attacks? How do you know I'm not a Muslim? Or a lefty? You don't.

All I stated was an obvious objective observation. And asked why?

It's an obvious objective obvservation that the left bashes christianity, but will only elect christians.

Okie dokie

The left ONLY elects Christians? BS.

Your counter argument is rendered false based on Wiener, Lieberman, and Sanders. Try again.

It just so happens that the only competent candidates are Christian

I wouldn't be bragging about the types we've put into government, I've been alive for 26 years and still haven't seen one group of them I would even consider mediocre.

That has nothing to do with christianity though, I'm confident our gov't would be crap with people of other religions too.

Most of the time the victim types like you think anyone who doesn't hate muslims for being muslim is an "Islam defender" and anyone who doesn't want the 10 Commandments posted in every City Hall is a "Christianity basher."

What you are saying is that you are a bigot who pre-judges everyone. I don't want the ten commandments on any public property unless it is in accordance with court rulings. My problem with Islam is not the people, many of whom have not even read the Koran. My problem is the Koran and Islamic history. You didn't answer the question.

I pre-judge no one. I'm saying the victim types like the other poster who's whining about "leftists" is flat out wrong on all accounts.

I don't see a lot of christian bashing in this country that demands everyone who run for office HAS to be christian above all else, above all their stances on issues. However when i do see it it's not normally out of fear, when I see muslim bashing it's normally out of fear. People babbling about sharia law coming here, we gotta kill them before they kill us, bla bla bla.

Many well known critics of Islam are under permanent death threat like Salmon Rushdie. It is not fear that causes people to criticize Islam; it is when people overcome their fear. It is fear that prevents us from teaching the ugly history of Islam in schools. It is fear that prevents anyone from doing a documentary or a movie that shows the true story of Mohammed, who was like a 7th century Charles Manson. It is the ones who remain silent who are afraid. The “Islamophobes” are the ones who have studied Islam. You should consider looking into what Islam really teaches, and who Mohammed really was. Sure, it’s very scary, but the scary part is not what Islam will do to our society since I don’t think they will win in the end. The scary part is the personal fear such that even when you learn about Islam, you find that it is best to keep your mouth shut.

And yes there is a lot of Christian bashing on the internet. You know this to be true. Should we call it "Christianophobia"?

The left ONLY elects Christians? BS.

Your counter argument is rendered false based on Wiener, Lieberman, and Sanders. Try again.

I admitted 1% of democrats weren't christians. But you're right I should've said those who follow judeo-christian philosophy and the judeo-christian version of god.

So to be more clear, I'll say about 99% of democrats are christians or jews. I'm doubting a bunch of christian bashing leftists would elect 99% christians/jews. Call me crazy.

Many well known critics of Islam are under permanent death threat like Salmon Rushdie. It is not fear that causes people to criticize Islam; it is when people overcome their fear. It is fear that prevents us from teaching the ugly history of Islam in schools. It is fear that prevents anyone from doing a documentary or a movie that shows the true story of Mohammed, who was like a 7th century Charles Manson. It is the ones who remain silent who are afraid. The “Islamophobes” are the ones who have studied Islam. You should consider looking into what Islam really teaches, and who Mohammed really was. Sure, it’s very scary, but the scary part is not what Islam will do to our society since I don’t think they will win in the end. The scary part is the personal fear such that even when you learn about Islam, you find that it is best to keep your mouth shut.

And yes there is a lot of Christian bashing on the internet. You know this to be true. Should we call it "Christianophobia"?

Like I said you need to read the Old Testament a little more closely, your god is just as fond of mass murder and holy war as Muslim's god is. I can provide you the verses if you like.

There are horribly immoral things in the Quran, but there are also great moral things, that's why to me religion is mostly a wash morally. I'm not religious for scientific reasons, not moral reasons.

Yes christian bashing happens and it shouldn't, but like I said when I see it happen I never see it happen out of fear hence why i don't think that term would be accurate.

Like I said you need to read the Old Testament a little more closely, your god is just as fond of mass murder and holy war as Muslim's god is. I can provide you the verses if you like.

There are horribly immoral things in the Quran, but there are also great moral things, that's why to me religion is mostly a wash morally. I'm not religious for scientific reasons, not moral reasons.

Yes christian bashing happens and it shouldn't, but like I said when I see it happen I never see it happen out of fear hence why i don't think that term would be accurate.

But I do ask you again to actually read the Quran, and the Hadith. Anyone who thinks the Bible and the Quran are the same has never studied either.

A genuine Islamophobe would be someone like Comedy Central. They backed down out of fear, and yes I might have done the same thing. People who insult Islam are often under death threat…so why would anyone say they are afraid?

But I do ask you again to actually read the Quran, and the Hadith. Anyone who thinks the Bible and the Quran are the same has never studied either.

Of course they aren't the same, but both books have instances where their god is responsible for mass murder and calls for their believers to kill non-believers.

The good thing about being non-religious, is I don't have to think up excuses for why my particular god did certain disgusting things that would make Hitler look like a fluffy kitten playing with yarn.

A genuine Islamophobe would be someone like Comedy Central. They backed down out of fear, and yes I might have done the same thing. People who insult Islam are often under death threat…so why would anyone say they are afraid?

Islam is a stupid religion, but I don't fear a single muslim, hence not an islamophobe.

Of course they aren't the same, but both books have instances where their god is responsible for mass murder and calls for their believers to kill non-believers.

The good thing about being non-religious, is I don't have to think up excuses for why my particular god did certain disgusting things that would make Hitler look like a fluffy kitten playing with yarn.

Yes there is violence in the Bible and critics like yourself are accustomed to using it as an argument against the idea that the Bible is a message from a benevolent God. The violence does give you a wonderful argument when the debate is between believers and nonbelievers of the Bible. This should not cause you to believe that these stories of violence in the Bible provide you with a way to defend the Quran, because it doesn’t work. That is a completely different argument. Most of the violence in the Bible is in stories. Yes, it presents a problem for believers, but it is not the same as the Quran. In the Quran there are commands for the believer to commit violence not merely stories with violence. That makes a world of difference.

There is a very harsh law in both books, and yes it presents a problem for believers of the Bible, and believers must construct what you would call an excuse. But in the Quran the brutal law is intended for everyone in the world and the believer is expected to install it using whatever violence or deception is necessary.

Liberal or not, why are the critics of Christianity not called Christianophobes? Why is it, that when someone criticizes Christianity, it is not believed that they hate people who are Christians? This is a fair question.

Why are the critics of Christianity not called Christianophobes?

Because the term "Damn Atheist" is shorter, easier, and rolls off the tongue smoothly!:eusa_whistle:

there are cultural differences, but they do include many of the same characters.

Yes there is violence in the Bible and critics like yourself are accustomed to using it as an argument against the idea that the Bible is a message from a benevolent God. The violence does give you a wonderful argument when the debate is between believers and nonbelievers of the Bible. This should not cause you to believe that these stories of violence in the Bible provide you with a way to defend the Quran, because it doesn’t work. That is a completely different argument. Most of the violence in the Bible is in stories. Yes, it presents a problem for believers, but it is not the same as the Quran. In the Quran there are commands for the believer to commit violence not merely stories with violence. That makes a world of difference.

There is a very harsh law in both books, and yes it presents a problem for believers of the Bible, and believers must construct what you would call an excuse. But in the Quran the brutal law is intended for everyone in the world and the believer is expected to install it using whatever violence or deception is necessary.

I'm not defending the Quran, it's a stupid book full of lies and jibberish and I wish it never existed. I'm just saying don't throw stones from a glass house, don't criticize a holy book for horrifying things it contains then tell me out of that same mouth that your god is perfect and free of flaw when there are tons of biblical stories that show him to be far worse than Stalin.

In the Bible there are also commands for violence, tons of them, just like the Quran.

If you were born in Saudi Arabia to muslim parents we'd be having the exact same convo except in your attacks you'd be replacing the Quran with the Bible.

It's funny to watch those of us who are wary of fundies lump us in with Islamophobes. It's an easy error, though, with the high concentration of violent and insane shit being done my Muslim fundies.

I'm not defending the Quran, it's a stupid book full of lies and jibberish and I wish it never existed. I'm just saying don't throw stones from a glass house, don't criticize a holy book for horrifying things it contains then tell me out of that same mouth that your god is perfect and free of flaw when there are tons of biblical stories that show him to be far worse than Stalin.

In the Bible there are also commands for violence, tons of them, just like the Quran.

If you were born in Saudi Arabia to muslim parents we'd be having the exact same convo except in your attacks you'd be replacing the Quran with the Bible.

But, by your statements regarding the acts of God in the Bible, to anyone who has studied the Bible and understands what's actually in it and what it is actually saying, it's very apparent that you do not understand it in the correct context, nor have you studied it to try to understand it.

Forum List

Back