CDZ The Iranian nuclear deal: a deeper look

Do you think that the deal was beneficial overall?

• Yes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
Imsuprised by how much more attention this thread is getting than my other one, which has a much better essay.
Perhaps you made a more sound argument in your other threads, the argument in this thread is weak. And I am someone who would probably tend to agree with you more than not.
my argument is not weak, you just refuse to think and rely only on statistics, enen when they actually provide no information.

you need to think more deeply about the issue and not rely only on superficial appearances and ststistics.

"the man who sees only with his eyes is blind"
How would you know what I need to do, I haven't expressed my thoughts on the Iranian deal. I have only taken issue with your over simplification of the cause and solution to terrorism and how the deal would affect terrorism as it relates to Iran. The sanctions relief will not affect the situations in Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq, Syria or Yemen, all of which Iran has been accused of being party to.

Imsuprised by how much more attention this thread is getting than my other one, which has a much better essay.
Perhaps you made a more sound argument in your other threads, the argument in this thread is weak. And I am someone who would probably tend to agree with you more than not.
my argument is not weak, you just refuse to think and rely only on statistics, enen when they actually provide no information.

you need to think more deeply about the issue and not rely only on superficial appearances and ststistics.

"the man who sees only with his eyes is blind"
How would you know what I need to do, I haven't expressed my thoughts on the Iranian deal. I have only taken issue with your over simplification of the cause and solution to terrorism and how the deal would affect terrorism as it relates to Iran. The sanctions relief will not affect the situations in Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq, Syria or Yemen, all of which Iran has been accused of being party to.
it is true that I have not explained the full complexity of terrorism, but that is not necessary here. (see the new feed I am going to post on a suggested foreign policy on terrorism)

I also am a newbie, simply an older newbie, in all respects. Brevity is a thing of beauty and to be honest the essay simply does not smack of brevity. Try to be brief, concise, truthful and brief. Nothing worse for an old newbie to awaken and ask himself, what was I reading. Nothing further, at this point, unless:up_yours:, now you have me rambling.
Veni, vidi, vici. Concise, complete and correct. (As the Army teaches writers)

I also am a newbie, simply an older newbie, in all respects. Brevity is a thing of beauty and to be honest the essay simply does not smack of brevity. Try to be brief, concise, truthful and brief. Nothing worse for an old newbie to awaken and ask himself, what was I reading. Nothing further, at this point, unless:up_yours:, now you have me rambling.
Veni, vidi, vici means "I came, I saw, I conquered", not "Concise, complete and correct"

Veni, vidi, vici means "I came, I saw, I conquered", not "Concise, complete and correct"
I didn't say that. I used Napoleons statement as an example. Not only are you verbose, you lack situational awareness.

I didn't say that. I used Napoleons statement as an example. Not only are you verbose, you lack situational awareness.
I realize that I can be a bit verbose, as you said (I wrote this essay in 1.5 hrs in the middle of the night and did no editing), but a lack of situational awareness is what causes people to oppose this deal. those who only see the superficial aspects and see iran as an enemy are the ones who oppose it.

you'd hate my next essay. it is 6 pages (although it also contains much more information-I also spent more than 1.5 hrs on it and did some editing.

I realize that I can be a bit verbose, as you said (I wrote this essay in 1.5 hrs in the middle of the night and did no editing), but a lack of situational awareness is what causes people to oppose this deal. those who only see the superficial aspects and see iran as an enemy are the ones who oppose it.
The people of Iran are an honorable and good people. However the leadership of Iran is an evil curse on the people. They are terrorists, back other terrorist regimes and can't be trusted. While we are treating with them, the leaders preach Death To America and Death To Israel while burning those countries's flags.
No, Iran's nuclear sites need to go and Israel needs to score a hat trick ASAP.

A vet's good day to you my friend, Hossfly. I picked up on your response and appreciate it. Some things never change and the young are the first to miss that point. To think an essay will change that which aged and wise politicians and statesmen have attempted since government was decreed is foolhardy at best. Perhaps, when Phil is older, wiser, and experienced, he himself stated he was young, perhaps he will have the honor of causing said change. I wish him well. From one retired vet to another, Good Day and Carry On! "Garry Owen"!!!!

The people of Iran are an honorable and good people. However the leadership of Iran is an evil curse on the people. They are terrorists, back other terrorist regimes and can't be trusted. While we are treating with them, the leaders preach Death To America and Death To Israel while burning those countries's flags.
No, Iran's nuclear sites need to go and Israel needs to score a hat trick ASAP.
this does not conflict with anything I have said, but the deal will help the people of Iran for reason I will explain to you if I need to (which I don't think I will), and the people, contrary to what many people seem to think, do have to power to change the government, even in quasi-dictatorships such as Iran.

A vet's good day to you my friend, Hossfly. I picked up on your response and appreciate it. Some things never change and the young are the first to miss that point. To think an essay will change that which aged and wise politicians and statesmen have attempted since government was decreed is foolhardy at best. Perhaps, when Phil is older, wiser, and experienced, he himself stated he was young, perhaps he will have the honor of causing said change. I wish him well. From one retired vet to another, Good Day and Carry On! "Garry Owen"!!!!
this is why I tend to hide my age. most people dismiss what I say as foolish nonsense because I am young. whenever I meet an older person I always hope that they can look pat my age, but nobody seems to be able to do that. I understand, as 97% on people my age are stereotypical teenagers, but it is not always the case. you should judge people by their merits, not their age. I an not naive enough to think that an essay written on an online political forum will change the world, but it is the best thing that I can do right now. I am always open to debate, but you deny my claims without any sort of counter argument or evidence. I cant rebuttal if there is no counterclaim.

also, I really hope that Phil does not become my nickname...

Our problem with Iran began under Carter. When the Shah of Iran was overthrown in the late 70's. The Shah is one of many brutal dictators which is common to the region. As it seems only Dictators can keep any country there stable.

I disagree.
The problem began when the British and Americans removed the democratically elected government of Iran to install that nasty dictator.
It just hadn't appeared at that point, but that was the seed.

this is why I tend to hide my age. most people dismiss what I say as foolish nonsense because I am young. I an not naive enough to think that an essay written on an online political forum will change the world, but it is the best thing that I can do right now. I am always open to debate, but you deny my claims without any sort of counter argument or evidence. I cant rebuttal if there is no counterclaim.

Iran has simply proved they cannot be trusted. The Supreme Leader said just today that the Treaty will not change their relationship with the U.S. and that Iran will continue to support Hizbollah, Palestinian Resistance and other terrorist regimes. Do you need any other wakeup calls?

Our problem with Iran began under Carter. When the Shah of Iran was overthrown in the late 70's. The Shah is one of many brutal dictators which is common to the region. As it seems only Dictators can keep any country there stable.

I disagree.
The problem began when the British and Americans removed the democratically elected government of Iran to install that nasty dictator.
It just hadn't appeared at that point, but that was the seed.
the problem began long ago, when westerners drew lines on a map to divide their shares of the middle east, pushing conflicted groups together, making conflict inevitable.

Forum List

Back