The human race

These identities exist, but they are based on social constructs and historical differences. There is only one “human race”, and within it there’s many different cultures and ethnicities. These ethnicities can continue to be proud of their culture, history and achievements. And, yes, some ethnicities have contributed more to the human race than others, it’s naive to pretend otherwise. But it’s all cultural differences, not really biological ones beyond the obvious cosmetic differences.
I think we can't have one race if there are already 5, and we can't have 5 if there is only one. We can't have both, this doesn't make any sense.

I think we can't have one race if there are already 5, and we can't have 5 if there is only one. We can't have both, this doesn't make any sense.
Are you using the US Census Bureau as your source for there being 5 races?

if so, here’s a quote directly from the US Census website:

The racial categories included in the census questionnaire generally reflect a social definition of race recognized in this country and not an attempt to define race biologically, anthropologically, or genetically.

Are you using the US Census Bureau as your source for there being 5 races?

if so, here’s a quote directly from the US Census website:

The racial categories included in the census questionnaire generally reflect a social definition of race recognized in this country and not an attempt to define race biologically, anthropologically, or genetically.
I support the notion that there are 5 races, the five that the US Census recognizes. I support retaining our racial identities and all of the cultural history and achievements associated with them. I resent seeing our racial identities marginalized, and I support having verbiage to describe exactly, the real racism that really does occur in the world.

I support the notion that there are 5 races, the five that the US Census recognizes. I support retaining our racial identities and all of the cultural history and achievements associated with them. I resent seeing our racial identities marginalized, and I support having verbiage to describe exactly, the real racism that really does occur in the world.
But you must appreciate the irony that you use the Census Bureau’s five races for your biological approach, even though they word-for-word define race as a social construct

But you must appreciate the irony that you use the Census Bureau’s five races for your biological approach, even though they word-for-word define race as a social construct
I would love to post in a thread about the nuts and bolts of the five race system that the US Census recognizes. I have a few ideas that would be fun to discuss in a thread like that. Maybe you can come up with a good opening post, and I'll join in.

BTW, are you promoting the notion that we simultaneously have 5 races AND a single convenient race? What is your position on one convenient race called the "human race", as described in the opening post? I think I've done a reasonable job doing this myself, so let's see where you are.

Last edited:
With modern day travel and communication, there will be more and more mixed race people born to people in interracial relationships. EvMetro, do you believe interracial marriage and procreation is wrong?

With modern day travel and communication, there will be more and more mixed race people born to people in interracial relationships. EvMetro, do you believe interracial marriage and procreation is wrong?
I have a very intimate understanding and acceptance of interracial marriage. If you start a thread about this new topic, I will most likely post on it.

I have a very intimate understanding and acceptance of interracial marriage. If you start a thread about this new topic, I will most likely post on it.
I'm not going to start a new thread for you to answer a question that is relevant to this thread.

And there it is.

/thread

Another fraud, embarrassed and defeated

Forum List

Back