The history of free stuff

Ok, so what. It was a shit deal that blacks were enslaved. It was a shit deal that they didn’t have the opportunity to homestead. So what. What now. What do you want? Sympathy? Ok. Poor IM2 is black, and his ancestors did not have the opportunity to homestead. What do you want man?

Just sit back and be shown just how much free shit you whites have been given. Because that's going to happen here. You bought it on yourselves.

I don't think there is any question that whites have been given lots of free shit that blacks weren't allowed to have. The rub is that some feel it's done, and you should get over it, while others see that worse than just having an uneven playing field, blacks weren't even allowed on the field until relatively recently and it's still not a level field. I doubt you will have much luck convincing those that don't already recognize the disadvantages all that being held back caused and is still causing.

doubt you will have much luck convincing those that don't already recognize the disadvantages all that being held back caused and is still causing

View attachment 237833

Let's compare. In the history of this nation there has been 1 Obama and 44 white men.

That's 0.02 percent.

Try again.

It's not 1 out of 44 , it's 1 out of 28 how could a slave become a president?

Ok, so what. It was a shit deal that blacks were enslaved. It was a shit deal that they didn’t have the opportunity to homestead. So what. What now. What do you want? Sympathy? Ok. Poor IM2 is black, and his ancestors did not have the opportunity to homestead. What do you want man?

Just sit back and be shown just how much free shit you whites have been given. Because that's going to happen here. You bought it on yourselves.

I didn’t do shit. You’re just an angry person who blames all his ills on other people, and since you happen to be black, the people you blame are all the white people. You are the purest form of racist.

I don't think there is any question that whites have been given lots of free shit that blacks weren't allowed to have. The rub is that some feel it's done, and you should get over it, while others see that worse than just having an uneven playing field, blacks weren't even allowed on the field until relatively recently and it's still not a level field. I doubt you will have much luck convincing those that don't already recognize the disadvantages all that being held back caused and is still causing.

doubt you will have much luck convincing those that don't already recognize the disadvantages all that being held back caused and is still causing

View attachment 237833

Let's compare. In the history of this nation there has been 1 Obama and 44 white men.

That's 0.02 percent.

Try again.

Your math sucks. I suppose that’s whites fault too.

1/44 = 0.0227 x 100 = 2.27 percent

You were off by a factor 100. Not bad for a poor black man who whitey wouldn’t let go to school.

View attachment 237833

That's 0.02 percent.

Try again.

I have only “ignored” 1 other person on this forum. You have just become number 2. The one thing you both have in common is that you’re both overtly racist douche bags. Have a shitty life!

America is so racist we may never have a real black President and have to settle for the cheap "born in Kenya" substitute.

View attachment 237833

That's 0.02 percent.

Try again.

I have only “ignored” 1 other person on this forum. You have just become number 2. The one thing you both have in common is that you’re both overtly racist douche bags. Have a shitty life!
Wow!

View attachment 237833

That's 0.02 percent.

Try again.

Wow!

Wow what?

The 1935 Wagner Act helped establish an important new right for white people. By granting unions the power of collective bargaining, it helped millions of white workers gain entry into the middle class over the next 30 years. But the Wagner Act permitted unions to exclude non-whites and deny them access to better paid jobs and union protections and benefits such as health care, job security, and pensions. Many craft unions remained nearly all-white well into the 1970s.

RACE - The Power of an Illusion . Background Readings | PBS

The Wagner Act had originally been drafted with a provision prohibiting racial discrimination. But the American Federation of Labor successfully lobbied against it, and it was dropped. AFL unions used their new power, granted by the Wagner Act, to exclude blacks on a large scale.

View attachment 237833

That's 0.02 percent.

Try again.

Your math sucks. I suppose that’s whites fault too.

1/44 = 0.0227 x 100 = 2.27 percent

You were off by a factor 100. Not bad for a poor black man who whitey wouldn’t let go to school.

Except everybody knows that 0.02 = 2 percent. You tried making a big stink out of nothing.

There seems to be a yoog problem here.
Liberals don't want people to be treated as groups, but they want to treat others as groups.

I didn’t do shit. You’re just an angry person who blames all his ills on other people, and since you happen to be black, the people you blame are all the white people. You are the purest form of racist.

You benefitted from racism. Now just be quiet and learn how much you were given.

You benefitted from racism. Now just be quiet and learn how much you were given.

Hello and Happy New Year.

While I am not really happy about it, I join untold numbers of police officers and emergency service workers who GREATLY benefited from America's *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS, aka America's unhealthy, potentially life scarring SYSTEMIC & GENERATIONAL Culture of Black or African American Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect and Maltreatment evolving from America's multi-generational, ignorant, once legal Culture of Racism!

Should I thank untold numbers of mostly SINGLE Brooklyn, NY moms for raising perfectly healthy newborns maturing into apparent emotionally or mentally ill teens and adults causing great harm to their peaceful neighbors...

...resulting with police accruing untold numbers of $overtime pay$ while investigating or arresting and processing untold numbers of emotionally troubled teens and adults who committed all sorts of potentially life scarring CRIMES against their neighbors?

IM2, as always, I look forward to reading your reply, with hopes of intelligently discussing SOLUTIONS for PREVENTING large numbers of our Nation's most precious and cherished assets from experiencing, THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, a traumatic, potentially life scarring childhood and teen upbringing fraught with Struggles, PAIN, Hardships, COMMUNITY FEAR, Frustrations, Uncertainty, Depression, Sorrow, Sadness, Torment, Demeaning Government Handouts, Resentment, HATE and COMMUNITY VIOLENCE!

Peace and Happy New Year, my friend.

This has nothing to do with the OP.

The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Institutionalizes Racism
Through an overt practice of denying mortgages based upon race and ethnicity, the FHA played a significant role in the legalization and institutionalization of racism and segregation. The Underwriting Manual established the FHA’s mortgage lending requirements, ultimately institutionalizing racism and segregation within the housing industry. The following presents information about the national context of redlining and is not specific to Greater Boston.

The FHA was instrumental in alleviating the home ownership crisis. However, despite it’s positive impact, the FHA also had significant negative effects. FHA insurance often was isolated to new residential developments on the edges of metropolitan areas that were considered safer investments, not to inner city neighborhoods. This stripped the inner city of many of their middle class inhabitants, thus hastening the decay of inner city neighborhoods. Loans for the repair of existing structures were small and for short duration, which meant that families could more easily purchase a new home than modernize an old one, leading to the abandonment of many older inner city properties.

Redlining
The FHA also explicitly practiced a policy of “redlining” when determining which neighborhoods to approve mortgages in. Redlining is the practice of denying or limiting financial services to certain neighborhoods based on racial or ethnic composition without regard to the residents’ qualifications or creditworthiness. The term “redlining” refers to the practice of using a red line on a map to delineate the area where financial institutions would not invest (see residential security maps).

The FHA allowed personal and agency bias in favor of all white suburban subdivisions to affect the kinds of loans it guaranteed, as applicants in these subdivisions were generally considered better credit risks. In fact, according to James Loewen in his 2006 book Sundown Towns, FHA publications implied that different races should not share neighborhoods, and repeatedly listed neighborhood characteristics like “inharmonious racial or nationality groups” alongside such noxious disseminates as “smoke, odors, and fog.” One example of the harm done by the FHA is as follows:

In the late 1930’s, as Detroit grew outward, white families began to settle near a black enclave adjacent to Eight Mile Road. By 1940, the blacks were surrounded, but neither they nor the whites could get FHA insurance because of the proximity of an inharmonious racial group. So, in 1941, an enterprising white developer built a concrete wall between the white and black areas. The FHA appraisers then took another look and approved the mortgages on the white properties.

1934–1968: FHA Mortgage Insurance Requirements Utilize Redlining

Local Land Use Regulations
In response to the growth of the suburbs, local governments enact zoning policies such as large minimum lot requirements, minimum multifamily zoning, and age restricted zoning which restrict lower income families and families of color from moving to the suburbs.
Introduction

While redlining institutionalized racial segregation in the cities, it was the development of the suburbs via the construction of Route 128 that magnified the effects of segregation by increasing the physical separation between whites and people of color. Municipalities responded to the subsequent in-migration of jobs and people to the suburbs by enacting rigid zoning ordinances. Zoning regulations were created to control density, protect open space, and artificially inflate housing prices. Strict zoning restrictions are still in use today and have a disparate impact on African Americans and Latinos and in particular family households, because they limit affordability and the number of rental multifamily housing opportunities.

Specific land use policies that impact segregation
1970s–Present: Disparate Impact of Local Land Use Regulations

Forum List

Back