The "heroic" act of NOT paying taxes.....

This isn't rocket science. If you don't pay ANY taxes, then that should mean you aren't making ANY money. Trump brags about making TONS of money... yet then brags about paying ZERO taxes. What is so hard to understand what's wrong with that?

I believe the correct answer is he follows the TAX CODE. His corporations re-invest, buy properties, equipment. Very complicated.

His personal salary, income, married-joint? They take deductions everyone in that room would take. If someone owns a $100mil home, easy to get $2mil taken off your FED INCOME..........etc. Can you deduct 2nd 3rd homes? I don't know?

State/local and property taxes? Deductible for all.

No, it doesn't make sense. Deductions are just that. You deduct them because you spent money on them. So if you are spending money on them, you are not acquiring new wealth. Trump is acquiring and building new wealth... according to him. (We don't know for sure, we haven't seen his taxes) So as it says in the name, income tax, why is he acquiring income and not paying taxes on it like all the other citizens?

OK you just said we haven't seen his taxes and yet you state he's not paying taxes like all other citizens

So tell me just how do you know this?

He bragged about it on national television last night. How can you even ask this question? It's been said ad nauseam on here and about 10 million web sites and networks across the world.

He said "It makes me smart"

DId he actually say he paid ZERO taxes? No
Was Hillary's statement that he paid ZERO taxes based on any facts? No.

Yes he did say he paid 0 taxes, because he takes advantage of the tax code & laws and that makes him smart.......he is only doing what other business do. Even what all taxpayers do........take advantage of whatever loopholes available to lessen their tax debt. He also said if we don't like it, we need to change those laws.

And I agree with him on this.

I believe the correct answer is he follows the TAX CODE. His corporations re-invest, buy properties, equipment. Very complicated.

His personal salary, income, married-joint? They take deductions everyone in that room would take. If someone owns a $100mil home, easy to get $2mil taken off your FED INCOME..........etc. Can you deduct 2nd 3rd homes? I don't know?

No, it doesn't make sense. Deductions are just that. You deduct them because you spent money on them. So if you are spending money on them, you are not acquiring new wealth. Trump is acquiring and building new wealth... according to him. (We don't know for sure, we haven't seen his taxes) So as it says in the name, income tax, why is he acquiring income and not paying taxes on it like all the other citizens?

OK you just said we haven't seen his taxes and yet you state he's not paying taxes like all other citizens

He bragged about it on national television last night. How can you even ask this question? It's been said ad nauseam on here and about 10 million web sites and networks across the world.

So then what happened? Fact is, Trump just stuck his foot in his mouth because of being so vain. He would rather look bad by admitting he pays no taxes, so he can appear to be smart by doing so. FYI when Trumps taxes were made public back in the 1970's when he was first amassing his fortune, it showed he paid... zero taxes.

He didn't admit anything. He was responding to a what if speculation that is all.

And a tax return from 46 years ago has what to do with anything today?

Many businesses pay no taxes in their first few years if they run at no profit or a loss.

Yes he did say he paid 0 taxes, because he takes advantage of the tax code & laws and that makes him smart.......he is only doing what other business do. Even what all taxpayers do........take advantage of whatever loopholes available to lessen their tax debt. He also said if we don't like it, we need to change those laws.

And I agree with him on this.

He never said he paid zero he said it makes me smart.

He said that to a what if statement.

So IF he didn't pay any taxes he said it would make him smart. He never said he didn't pay any taxes

He said that to a what if statement.

Maybe, maybe not....couldn't really tell with all the interrupting back & forth. But either way, he is right and is fully within his right to not pay taxes.....based on the laws and just like everyone else, to lessen their tax liability

Sure, Trump supporters actually defend the very act of being able to afford cunning lawyers who help the very, very wealthy avoid the responsibility of paying their fair share of taxes.

This is nothing new, but it does contradict the premise that rich folks are "taxed too much" and that the very best way to stimulate the economy is to FURTHER cut their taxes, doesn't it?

Trump blew an enormous opportunity last night when he did NOT state that although he is masterful in avoiding his tax burden, that the best way to fix a corrupt system is to hire one who has benefited from the corrupt system....in the same way that one hires a former hacker to catch another hacker.

So you think the 47% of people who pay no taxes are heroes?
Now tax evasion is wrong?

Hillary said the wealthy should pay their fair share. She should lead by example and pay her fair share now. There is no maximum tax rate. She can pay as much as she wants. She doesn't need to wait for Congress.

Inane and silly response.......We actually KNOW what Hillary paid because she has revealed her tax returns....
Trump's tax rate? Well, no one really knows and he sure as hell will not tell the voters.
Why should he?will you post your return here? And not be major
It frees up investment capital, i.e. job creation.

Sure, and since Reagan's years you've been fed THAT bullshit theory and you're still waiting for that trickle down...AMAZING!
So when John Kennedy cut taxes,and we enjoyed good job growth,that was all wrong?we spend to much,and over tax.

So when John Kennedy cut taxes,and we enjoyed good job growth,that was all wrong?we spend to much,and over tax.

First, educate yourself .......

JFK's highest tax rate was a bit over SEVENTY percent.......admittedly, down from Eisenhower's 91%....

First, educate yourself .......

JFK's highest tax rate was a bit over SEVENTY percent.......admittedly, down from Eisenhower's 91%....

And yet our middle class and our ability to manufacture was the highest it ever was in the history of this nation.

And yet our middle class and our ability to manufacture was the highest it ever was in the history of this nation.

YES....and the simple reason is that wealthy folks knew that instead of paying 70% taxes, they could invest that portion of their income into job creation........Today, we are asked to wait for the trickle down which, instead winds up in Cayman bank accounts.

This isn't rocket science. If you don't pay ANY taxes, then that should mean you aren't making ANY money. Trump brags about making TONS of money... yet then brags about paying ZERO taxes. What is so hard to understand what's wrong with that?
Like Google, one of Clinton's partners?

You want to go into more depth about what Google pays zero taxes? What are you basing their profits off of? Are you comparing worth to profits? How much does Google donate? I've seen several instances where Google gives out free internet... doesn't Kansas City get free fiber optic high quality internet for free? There are several factors here.
No, Google fiber is not free. It's about $150/month.

YES....and the simple reason is that wealthy folks knew that instead of paying 70% taxes, they could invest that portion of their income into job creation........Today, we are asked to wait for the trickle down which, instead winds up in Cayman bank accounts.
You are talking about the .01%. Funny how none of the tax proposals ever target the 1% or .01% despite all the bluster.

And his tax plan is designed to benefit assholes like himself. That is what it is all about.

Why doesn't Hillary pay her fair share?

I bet she is paying a lot more than trump.

Trump is a business owner and makes no secret that he tries to minimize his tax liability. Hillary is the one who wants to raise taxes so the "WEALTHY" pay their "FAIR SHARE". She can pay as much as she wants. Why isn't she paying her fair share RIGHT NOW? There is nothing stopping her from leading by example.

Like Google, one of Clinton's partners?

You want to go into more depth about what Google pays zero taxes? What are you basing their profits off of? Are you comparing worth to profits? How much does Google donate? I've seen several instances where Google gives out free internet... doesn't Kansas City get free fiber optic high quality internet for free? There are several factors here.
No, Google fiber is not free. It's about $150/month.

Google Fiber Offers Free Internet to Kansas City, Other Amazing Plans

Sure, Trump supporters actually defend the very act of being able to afford cunning lawyers who help the very, very wealthy avoid the responsibility of paying their fair share of taxes.

This is nothing new, but it does contradict the premise that rich folks are "taxed too much" and that the very best way to stimulate the economy is to FURTHER cut their taxes, doesn't it?

Trump blew an enormous opportunity last night when he did NOT state that although he is masterful in avoiding his tax burden, that the best way to fix a corrupt system is to hire one who has benefited from the corrupt system....in the same way that one hires a former hacker to catch another hacker.

Is someone who works a menial job 40 or more hours a week to feed his family a hero?
no
He is to that family.

Is someone who works a menial job 40 or more hours a week to feed his family a hero?
no
He is to that family.

Not really.

Doing what is expected is not heroic

And his tax plan is designed to benefit assholes like himself. That is what it is all about.

That's an excellent point.

I've been asking for years, why dont therich folks that want the wealthy to pay more taxes, never volunteer to pay more!!!!!!

Perplexing.
Who is saying she doesn't pay her fair share? At least her tax returns are out there for everyone to see.

I've been asking for years, why dont therich folks that want the wealthy to pay more taxes, never volunteer to pay more!!!!!!

Perplexing.
Who is saying she doesn't pay her fair share? At least her tax returns are out there for everyone to see.

You understand the context of the post your answering, right?

You made absolutely zero sense, put that was your point right? Deflect the debate.

Perplexing.

You understand the context of the post your answering, right?

You made absolutely zero sense, put that was your point right? Deflect the debate.
Cunnilingus said that Hillary isn't paying her fair share and you seemed to agree. I pointed out that her tax returns are there for everyone to see. If she isn't paying her fair share, shouldn't she be in trouble with the IRS like Donald?

Forum List

Back