The Hardest Part

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
I would hate to say (and many of you would probably not believe) how many of my students over the decades tragically left the class roster. It happens, and every time it very painfully illustrates the consequence of poor choices and poor self-control. Part of wisdom is being lucky enough to get there.

Some "teachers" here bitch and moan about dealing with 5 year olds as if they have so tough. Sure seems like they have no idea what the real world is like.

Do you mean they died?

It happens, and every time it very painfully illustrates the consequence of poor choices and poor self-control.
sometimes it happens due to illnesses that no one could prevent or cure.

Do you mean they died?

sometimes it happens due to illnesses that no one could prevent or cure.
I'm not talking about illness. You might not understand the environment I teach in.

Some make it and some don't. Even after "dropping out". It must be hard to deal with that every year, because I know it happens.

I only saw it fer like..4 years, yannow? Up close and personal, that is.

I'm glad some of you don't have to know what I'm talking about.

I would hate to say (and many of you would probably not believe) how many of my students over the decades tragically left the class roster. It happens, and every time it very painfully illustrates the consequence of poor choices and poor self-control. Part of wisdom is being lucky enough to get there.

Some "teachers" here bitch and moan about dealing with 5 year olds as if they have so tough. Sure seems like they have no idea what the real world is like.
My retirement teaching job is to work with students that have dropped out of school (Private, Public, Homeschool, or Alternative). They have completely left the education program, then decide to come back into Our Program (Still ran by the State, with the same diploma requirements) to get 'Credit Retrieval' or their GED, without having to go back to the school that wasn't the correct fit.

I wouldn't classify it as dangerous, even though a few have committed crimes and sent to jail, most are just looking to start a new life without the hate from bullies.

What the hell IS this, a new game show or something?

I'll go with Door #3.
I'm rollin' with this right now:

sopranos-livia-poor-you.gif

Forum List

Back