The gun used yesterday...was California compliant, it was likely and SKS

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
There are reports that the shooter used an SKS...an old, Russian rifle that would be California compliant...still waiting for more information....

BREAKING: Congress Baseball Shooter Used SKS, 9mm Handgun - The Truth About Guns

Original reports coming out of the shooting of GOP congress members at a Virginia baseball field reported that the attacker used a firearm “similar to an M4” in the attack. Reports are now emerging (confirmed by multiple sources) that the firearm in use was actually an SKS and a 9mm handgun.

The SKS is a semi-automatic rifle which pre-dates the AK-47 by about four years as a potential battle rifle for the Soviet Red Army. Designed as a top loading stripper clip fed gas operated rifle, the gun has since often been modified to use detachable magazines as well. SKS firearms imported into the United States are predominantly Yugoslavian manufactured, and while Russian and Chinese models are available they remain rare and sought after by collectors. That makes CNN’s statement about the SKS (“a Chinese-made variant of the popular AK rifle”) almost entirely incorrect.

There are reports that the shooter used an SKS...an old, Russian rifle that would be California compliant...still waiting for more information....

BREAKING: Congress Baseball Shooter Used SKS, 9mm Handgun - The Truth About Guns

Original reports coming out of the shooting of GOP congress members at a Virginia baseball field reported that the attacker used a firearm “similar to an M4” in the attack. Reports are now emerging (confirmed by multiple sources) that the firearm in use was actually an SKS and a 9mm handgun.

The SKS is a semi-automatic rifle which pre-dates the AK-47 by about four years as a potential battle rifle for the Soviet Red Army. Designed as a top loading stripper clip fed gas operated rifle, the gun has since often been modified to use detachable magazines as well. SKS firearms imported into the United States are predominantly Yugoslavian manufactured, and while Russian and Chinese models are available they remain rare and sought after by collectors. That makes CNN’s statement about the SKS (“a Chinese-made variant of the popular AK rifle”) almost entirely incorrect.
So everything is good, right?

And here I thought he had an AR.

Boy I sure wish I would have gotten those Chinese SKSs when they were going for $115 and my friend was trying to talk me into it. I was like "oh screw those Chinese things, I got my guns" Doh!

ARs are more accurate. though.

I have a couple SKS. When the barrel heats up it is highly inaccurate which could explain why there were not more serious injuries

-Geuax

so let me get this straight.

A mentally ill man with at least three arrests for domestic violence was still able to acquire a military grade weapon, which he used to shoot a Congressman who has spent his career doing the bidding of the National Rampage Association.

Yeah, i can see why you are worried. These scumbags won't come up with laws to protect schoolchildren from these nuts, but they damned well will protect themselves.

A mentally ill man with at least three arrests for domestic violence was still able to acquire a military grade weapon, which he used to shoot a Congressman who has spent his career doing the bidding of the National Rampage Association.

Yeah, i can see why you are worried. These scumbags won't come up with laws to protect schoolchildren from these nuts, but they damned well will protect themselves.

There are laws in place to prevent felons, or those with domestic violence history, from purchasing guns. Write your Congressman and take it up with them why Obama did not enforce Federal Gun laws

-Geaux

Hey...dipshit...this is a military grade weapon.........and he was never convicted.....we know the law isn't real important to left wingers...but the law let this guy go...likely because he was in a democrat controlled county and he was active in democrat politics....that is now being looked into here in Illinois....

upload_2017-6-15_6-8-9.png

Yeah. It seems your laws barring people like him from owning guns are highly noneffective.

But more laws would change that...right?

Dumbass.

There are laws in place to prevent felons, or those with domestic violence history, from purchasing guns. Write your Congressman and take it up with them why Obama did not enforce Federal Gun laws

You mean other than the ATF is underfunded and they haven't appointed a head to it for years?

Hey...dipshit...this is a military grade weapon.........and he was never convicted.....we know the law isn't real important to left wingers...but the law let this guy go...likely because he was in a democrat controlled county and he was active in democrat politics....that is now being looked into here in Illinois....

YOu can "look into it" all day. But the point is, a mentally ill man who was living in his car with a history of domestic violence was still able to own two guns with some pretty heavy firepower.

Look, I know you are scared, bud. When they start shooting Congressmen, the jerks who wouldn't life a finger after PRESCHOOLERS were slaughtered by a crazy person who had no business owning a gun might actually do something if they are the ones getting shot.

Maybe. I'm sure that the NRA has sent a couple of guys around to "talk" to Congressman Scalise

View attachment 133210

A Henry 1892? Hmm, that looks like it loads like a Marlin model 60.

View attachment 133210

Henry repeaters were used in the Civil War.......so...that makes them a weapon of war....that is the problem now that the anti-gunners on the 4th Circuit Court of appeals have ruled that weapons of war are not protected by the 2nd Amemdnment...

Henry rifle - Wikipedia

For a Civil War soldier, owning a Henry rifle was a point of pride.[3] Letters home would call them "Sixteen" or "Seventeen" Shooters, depending whether a round was loaded in the chamber.[citation needed] Just 1,731 of the standard rifles were purchased by the government during the Civil War.[4] The Commonwealth of Kentucky purchased a further 50. However 6 to 7 thousand saw use by the union on the field through private puchases by soldiers who could afford it. The relative fragility of Henrys compared to Spencer repeating rifles hampered their official acceptance. More Henrys were purchased by soldiers than by the government.[5]Many infantry soldiers purchased Henrys with their reenlistment bounties of 1864. Most of these units were associated with Sherman's Western Troops.

View attachment 133210

He's speaking of the original Henry rifle of Civil War fame. Or, as the Confederate soldiers who faced them in combat "that damned Yankee rifle they load on Sunday and shoot all week!"

View attachment 133210

He's speaking of the original Henry rifle of Civil War fame. Or, as the Confederate soldiers who faced them in combat "that damned Yankee rifle they load on Sunday and shoot all week!"

Yes. Thanks.

This is the problem with the anti-gunners......they have started a new line of attack on the 2nd Amendment, with the idea to fool the uniformed by pushing the idea that civilians don't need "Weapons of War." Of course, the uninformed think "M4" or "AK"......but the anti-gunners know that just about every gun ever made has been used in war...and is therefore a weapon of war, and according to the 4th Circuit Court of appeals...no longer protected by the 2nd Amendment....

This is the problem with the anti-gunners......they have started a new line of attack on the 2nd Amendment, with the idea to fool the uniformed by pushing the idea that civilians don't need "Weapons of War." Of course, the uninformed think "M4" or "AK"......but the anti-gunners know that just about every gun ever made has been used in war...and is therefore a weapon of war, and according to the 4th Circuit Court of appeals...no longer protected by the 2nd Amendment....

Guy, I was in the Army for 11 years, and probably took apart more guns than you ever will.

That said, the weapon this guy had yesterday was one no civilian had any business owning, much less one with a history of domestic violence and mental illness.

View attachment 133210

MSRP: $2,300 Pfffffffft!

Could have a .308 super dolled up AR for that.

Guy, I was in the Army for 11 years, and probably took apart more guns than you ever will.

That said, the weapon this guy had yesterday was one no civilian had any business owning, much less one with a history of domestic violence and mental illness.

Fuck you no civilian should own one, who are you to judge that? Now one with 3 domestic violence arrests..eh.

Were there any convictions?

An SKS is a good rifle. Great for hunting due to the 7.62X39MM round.

Fuck you no civilian should own one, who are you to judge that? Now one with 3 domestic violence arrests..eh.

Were there any convictions?

No.....and it was in a democrat controlled county where he was active in democrat politics...local reporters are looking into the arrests and if his political activity may have gotten him off....

Yeah. It seems your laws barring people like him from owning guns are highly noneffective.

But more laws would change that...right?

Dumbass.
Can we agree that the laws on the books right now aren't working and that something should be done?

Agreed about domestic violence and mental illness. Since those are already against the law, how did he get the guns?

As for banning private ownership of all semi-automatic rifles, I disagree.

2mga93o.jpg

Forum List

Back