The GOP's New Fake Racial History

Funny that no one really came close to refuting the OP, that Barbour tried to revise history. Much easier to resort to the Bevis/Butthead method of argument, "but he said '******'...heh heh".

History needs to be revised because Progressives have been lying about it the whole time

Oh yeah, we're lying about the Dixiecrats joining the GOP after Johnson pushed the Civil Rights Act through.

You refuse to respond to my numerous posts pointing out that your central thesis is simply untrue. That makes you a liar.

Oh yeah, we're lying about the Dixiecrats joining the GOP after Johnson pushed the Civil Rights Act through.

You refuse to respond to my numerous posts pointing out that your central thesis is simply untrue. That makes you a liar.
And that's all you really need to know about Dick.

They want to maintain this fiction that all racists from the 1960s migrated to the GOP. BUt the South was solidly Democratic up until the 1990s, and probably still is on the local level. The facts just don't bear out what they want to say. Add to that the much lower level of racial animosity in the South today from the North today and the racists are pretty clearly the Democrats. They are the ones who have pushed failed policies that have kept blacks subservient and dependent. They push failed policies that keep poor blacks in inner city schools. They push failed policies that result in higher unemployment rates for blacks across the board.
Teh Democrats are the party of racists. And of course, the Party of Fuck You.

And that's all you really need to know about Dick.

They want to maintain this fiction that all racists from the 1960s migrated to the GOP. BUt the South was solidly Democratic up until the 1990s, and probably still is on the local level. The facts just don't bear out what they want to say. Add to that the much lower level of racial animosity in the South today from the North today and the racists are pretty clearly the Democrats. They are the ones who have pushed failed policies that have kept blacks subservient and dependent. They push failed policies that keep poor blacks in inner city schools. They push failed policies that result in higher unemployment rates for blacks across the board.
Teh Democrats are the party of racists. And of course, the Party of Fuck You.
Indeed. Look at the way they treat conservative blacks. They don't even try to hide the racism.

condi_whitey.jpg

Imagine if a conservative posted this image of Michelle Obama or something.

I didnt know Rush Limbaugh was part of Bush's adminsitration. What job did he hold?
Especially funny since Rush often criticized Bush on a variety of topics.

I'm a liberal. I don't have that fantasy. I've explained the reality of this to the ignorant dozens of times.

The Democratic party of the South pre-circa 1964 was the CONSERVATIVE wing of the Democratic party. That wing never supported civil rights/integration. In fact, they themselves formed a CONSERVATIVE coalition with the conservative wing of the Republican party.

You might be interested to know that EVERY Southern REPUBLICAN house member voted against the civil rights act in 1964.
You won't hear a PEEP from these FOOLS and HACKS concerning this matter. Only more claptrap about how Dems allegedly said "****** this and ****** that."

History needs to be revised because Progressives have been lying about it the whole time

From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats​
- Kevin Phillips, Richard Nixon's voting strategest

You're also ignorant of the fact that Southern Democrats split from the party in 1948, as a result of Truman's desegregation of the military. Led by Strom Thurmond, they became the Dixiecrat party. What was Thurmond's theme in the '48 race? Didn't former Democrat turned Republican Trent Lott say that we'd have been better off if Thrumond was elected in '48?

Last edited:

From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats​
Got anything from someone who actually ran the party? No? Okay, then.

Got anything from someone who actually ran the party? No? Okay, then.

I wanna tell you, ladies and gentlemen, that there's not enough troops in the army to force the Southern people to break down segregation and admit the ****** race into our theaters, into our swimming pools, into our homes, and into our churches​
- Strom Thurmond

1968_Electoral_Map.png

Last edited:
I wanna tell you, ladies and gentlemen, that there's not enough troops in the army to force the Southern people to break down segregation and admit the ****** race into our theaters, into our swimming pools, into our homes, and into our churches​
- Strom Thurmond
He said that in 1948 -- while he was a Democrat. He didn't switch parties until 1964. :lol:

Explain how Barry Goldwater got 87% of the vote in Mississippi in 1964, if no Democrats in Mississippi left the party.

It's interesting to compare the party platforms over the years. The GOP has been consistently pro-civil rights since 1858.

From the Democratic Party platform:
1840, 1844, 1848
All efforts by abolitionists . . . to interfere
with questions of slavery . . . are
calculated to lead to the most alarming
and dangerous consequences and . . . have
an inevitable tendency to diminish the
happiness of the people and endanger the
stability and permanency of the union.​

The Republican party is hardly the same party it was 50 years ago, let alone 150 years ago.

Or 40 years ago. Which pretty much supports Haley Barbour's point. Thanks for pointing out this important fact!

No it doesn't because Haley Barbour's attempt was to associate a more liberal/progressive/pro-civil rights Republican party of the past with the rightwing anti-progressive party of the present.

The Republican party is hardly the same party it was 50 years ago, let alone 150 years ago.

Or 40 years ago. Which pretty much supports Haley Barbour's point. Thanks for pointing out this important fact!

No it doesn't because Haley Barbour's attempt was to associate a more liberal/progressive/pro-civil rights Republican party of the past with the rightwing anti-progressive party of the present.

FAIL.
The more you and the newly minted moron Dick Tuck post, the more apparent it is that your thesis is badly flawed and unsipported. Poor Dick has been pwned on every point he's tried to make.

Rachel Maddow demolishes Haley Barbour's tall tale:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qA_VzORRcI]YouTube - Mississippi's Revisionist Racial History[/ame]

Rachel Maddow is an ugly dyke. When people trot her out, they've really reached the end of their resources.

Forum List

Back