The GOPers

What a stupid ass statement. Conservatives and the evil of service privatization closed down 95% of in patient beds in the last 30 years. SoLiberals closed them down my ass. Liberals do a lot of stupid things but privatization is created a mess of outpatient health care, elder care, foster care, and prisons. Government service privatization in the name of economy but in terms of incredible enrichment of the private sector has damaged government services tremendously.

Thank, Jake, for proving once again, that Romney supporters are liberals.

I remember when teh courts ruled that you can't institutionalize the mentally ill UNLESS they are a danger. Now back before then, you had looney bins, they kept them medicated and harmless. Then they made "One Flew over the Cookoos Nest" and everyone thought it was horrible that we locked these poor people up when they weren't dangerous and as impishly likeable as Jack Nicholson.

I remember it well, around 1978 or so, when you used to be able to walk down 63rd Street in Chicago, until they emptied out the loony bins, and you had a bunch of these people, walking around cluelessly, not knowing what had hit them.

JoeB, go back and read what you wrote very carefully. Please, it makes no sense. Help us out here.

How about on tax day? Many liberals say people should pay more taxes, put your money where your mouth is and write a check to the IRS right now for $500.00. Just to "pay more taxes" as you claim you want to do.

;)

After that they should rip a fart in the wind and ask people 100 miles away if they caught a whiff.

:lol:

Where is warren buffets donation to the feds? He should write a check for a million to put his money where his mouth is too......unless of corse his comments are just part of some other agenda ;).

And don't take out the Red sox on me :tongue:

Yeah, I'm salty.

His donation to the government is in his wallet where it should be. The government isn't a charity and arguing that people should put their money where their mouth is simply for advocating the raising of taxes as part of a plan to shrink the deficit is silly and pointless to me.

I think that they should be raised and I'm certainly not going to piss into the ocean and voluntarily write the government a check. I'd be a complete sucker to do so.

JoeB, go back and read what you wrote very carefully. Please, it makes no sense. Help us out here.

Make's sense to me, Mormon-boy.

back in the 70's you idiots got the courts to rule that it was mean that we were locking up the mentally ill. So you made them release all of them except the most pyschotic ones, and they were all dumped in neighborhoods like mine, begging for money and harrassing people going bout their business.

Progress.

But, no, it was mean old corporations... really.

How about on tax day? Many liberals say people should pay more taxes, put your money where your mouth is and write a check to the IRS right now for $500.00. Just to "pay more taxes" as you claim you want to do.

;)

After that they should rip a fart in the wind and ask people 100 miles away if they caught a whiff.

Where is warren buffets donation to the feds? He should write a check for a million to put his money where his mouth is too......unless of corse his comments are just part of some other agenda ;).

If Warren thinks he isn't paying enough in taxes, maybe he needs to stop fighting his tax case with the feds.

Yeah, I'm salty.

His donation to the government is in his wallet where it should be. The government isn't a charity and arguing that people should put their money where their mouth is simply for advocating the raising of taxes as part of a plan to shrink the deficit is silly and pointless to me.

I think that they should be raised and I'm certainly not going to piss into the ocean and voluntarily write the government a check. I'd be a complete sucker to do so.

I'm not going to voluntairily give the goverment more either. I am also, for the same reason, not going to insist the government forces others to do so UNTIL it gets its own out of control spending in order....once they fix the spending then we can look at taxes. Thats my opinion.

If they wont fix the spending issues then raising taxes is just going to increase the level of spending and not fix the defecit. At least thats what the govt has done for the last 20+ years. I have zero faith it would be any different this time than the last times.

Only to you.

Most Americans live their lives as conservatives, even if they get guilted into voting for liberals.

Case in point. It's Friday, and you get your paycheck.

Do you -

1) Use it to pay your bills, meet your obligations and perhaps invest a bit of it.

or

2) Walk down Skid Row, giving money to every stew bum who would rather get drunk than actually work?

Well, guess what, most of us go with option 1. That's the philosophically conservative thing to do.

That is such an ignorant statement. You probably think they decided to be bums when they were children. Just what every child wants to be when they grow up. :cuckoo:

I think they decided to be bums when they were adults. They chose to have substance abuse problems.

Yeah, a few are mentally ill and should be in institutions, but liberals like you all decided that was "harsh" and closed down the state mental hospitals.

BUt back to my original question, on Payday, are you walking around giving these people all your money, or are you paying your mortgage, credit cards, bills, etc?

I worked pretty hard all of my life and I've made enough money to do both, thank God. Values I learned from my parents. Some people have horrific parents and horrific childhoods. The parents don't do their job. How then do you expect these children to be productive members of society??? They have been taught no values or self respect.

The children that are spoiled rotten are also quite often bums. Either extreme is not good.

I am not a liberal and you certainly are not a conservative, not even a close representation, JoeB.

The reason for release for the great majority was not court rulings but privatization by conservatives for business profit at government expense and the victimization of the most need of Americans: the children, the elderly, the mentally ill.

Perry wants to get rid of SS and kill more people (proud of his death penalty record)
Newt hates Latinos
Ron Paul says TSA agents are evil.
Bachman is just batshit crazy.

Romney is looking pretty good in comparison.

Only to you...

Hey, Republicans, have you ever noticed that the people most enthusiastic for a Romney Nomination are outright liberals like the Mad Hatter here?

That should give us all pause.

The truth makes you so nervous, doesn't it?? :lol:

I am not a liberal and you certainly are not a conservative, not even a close representation, JoeB.

The reason for release for the great majority was not court rulings but privatization by conservatives for business profit at government expense and the victimization of the most need of Americans: the children, the elderly, the mentally ill.

I've been waiting nine months for you to post just one conservative on this board you have agreed with consistently...

Still waiting...
Curtain falls on Jake Starkey:

Posted 12-30-2010 at 10:41 PM by Missourian

Missourian: The fact that you disagree with EVERY conservative poster leads to one inescapable conclusion, while you may have been the cat's meow 35 years ago, the GOP has moved to the right of you. Your views and positions are center left at best. Learn to deal with it.

Fake Jake: I sure do not disagree with "every conservative poster" is false, and you know it.

Missourian: So what conservative poster do you consistently agree with?

Fake Jake: <defection, obfuscation, tap dancing about in a vain attempt hide the fact that he cannot answer that simple question>

(Hilarity ensues as Jake flails to free himself)

(Lights dim, curtain falls on Jake's conservative claim)

<Applause>

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politi...ml#post3147080

Last edited:
Then you have not been looking, Missourian, and who cares what you think on this subject, for you have no more credit than any far right wingnut wack. You are not mainstream, that is what irks you in what I say. So, here: I can vote for Christie, I can vote for Romney, I can still (just) vote for Perry.

I believe in lower taxes as long as evereyone pays his or her fair share.

I believe in no overseas progressive right-wing neo-con imperlialistic adventures such as Iraq.

I believe Affirmative Action should be ended.

I believe DADT was stupid and am for an integrated military in matters of personal sexual orientation.

I despise libertarians who want less laws because many of them are criminal predators.

I know you don't like being lumped in with the wing nuts, but when you write such as the above, well, there you have it, wing nut.

If Warren thinks he isn't paying enough in taxes, maybe he needs to stop fighting his tax case with the feds.

Excellent point...his actions speak way louder than his misleading words do ;)

Then you have not been looking, Missourian, and who cares what you think on this subject, for you have no more credit than any far right wingnut wack. You are not mainstream, that is what irks you in what I say. So, here: I can vote for Christie, I can vote for Romney, I can still (just) vote for Perry.

I believe in no overseas progressive right-wing neo-con imperlialistic adventures such as Iraq.

I believe DADT was stupid and am for an integrated military in matters of personal sexual orientation.

I despise libertarians who want less laws because many of them are criminal predators.

I know you don't like being lumped in with the wing nuts, but when you write such as the above, well, there you have it, wing nut.

RINO:clap2::cuckoo:

Perry wants to get rid of SS and kill more people (proud of his death penalty record)
Newt hates Latinos
Ron Paul says TSA agents are evil.
Bachman is just batshit crazy.

Romney is looking pretty good in comparison.

Only to you...

Hey, Republicans, have you ever noticed that the people most enthusiastic for a Romney Nomination are outright liberals like the Mad Hatter here?

That should give us all pause.

The truth makes you so nervous, doesn't it?? :lol:

NO, not really. I agree that Bachman is crazy. I don't think Newt "hates" latinos. I don't think TSA (Thugs Standing Around) Agents are evil, but they are pretty fuckin' useless. Social Security is doomed because it's not sustainable, I'm glad Perry has the guts to say so.

Now, all that said, the thing is, I have to wonder why liberals like Ravi (or as I call her, the Mad Hatter) and yourself are so enthuiastic about Mitt Romney.

Here's the thing about it, guy. I'm actually Moderate to Conservative in my view. (I'm actually conservative on fiscal and security issues, more moderate on social issues.)

My objection to Romney is his religion. End of story. Won't vote for a Mormon, even if he agreed with me on EVERY issue and got a picture of me tatooed to his chest. He'd still be a Mormon.

But let's take your other positions apart.

But who gets to decide what is a "fair share"? That's the trap. Usually, most people define it as, "I Pay less, the other guy pays more." That's sophistry, and won't fly.

Please. the only reason why you are against Iraq is because it ended up badly. Talk about a sunshine patriot. I'm hardly seeing how taking Iraq away from a crazy person like Saddam and giving it to her people is "imperialistic." Imperialistic is what the British did in India- steal everythign that wasn't nailed down. And then get some crowbars.

Well, that's an easy one. No one really supports AA anymore.

Statements like that make me wonder if you have actually ever served. I don't even know if I want to take the time to correct your ignorance. (Hint- the only people who ever got thrown out of the military for being gay were people that wanted out or people the military wanted to get rid of because they were dirtbags.)

To the point. The most people discharged from the service in any given year for being gay was 1273. That was it, in 2001, when they did a lot of house-cleaning of the more marginal actors when the war started. Most years, it was around 600-700 for all four services. Keep in mind, we are talking about MILLIONS of service members, and on average, about 800 a year. Considering that gays make up about 10% of the population, you have to wonder why the majority weren't acted against.

And there's where he goes completely off the rails...

I know you don't like being lumped in with the wing nuts, but when you write such as the above, well, there you have it, wing nut

You know what, Missourian is a lot further to the right than I am, and I disagree with him on a few issues, but I respect the fact that he's straightforward in discussing what he believes. You, on the other hand, seem to be more of a troll than anything else.

Still waiting...

Still waiting...

Jakes a wing nut he's just to stupid to realize it.

Still waiting...

You have been answered fairly and to the point. That you don't agree is no material than if a Nazi disagreed with a war trial finding: your disagreement means nothing. The facts mean everything. You are a wing nut, and if you have JoeB agreeing with you, then I am clearly home safe on this one. :lol:

Forum List

Back